PDA

View Full Version : "You Can't Turn An Aircraft Carrier On A Dime"

jabf2006
02-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I love hearing Ron Paul refer to the "young people". You can tell he feeds off of the enthusiasm and youth of his supporters. Ron Paul is right when he talks about the hope to be had from impressions he has received from his many university and college visits. The enthusiasm the youth has shown him demonstrated real results today, and that is the story behind this straw poll victory.

Noone imagined coming into CPAC Ron Paul could win the straw poll. It was probably assumed he would get 10 - 15% by most observers, but I doubt anyone thought he had the ability to win. He did it because he has the youth. He's been talking to the youth for three years now and they flexed their muscle today and told conservatives all around the US where their principles lie.

Young Americans for Liberty is going to play a major role in determining the next Republican nominee. It is still a long shot for Ron Paul to become the Republican nominee in 2012, but the strength of the organization put on display today by his youthful supporters demonstrates that he will be a force to be reckoned with during the 2012 primary. He will have the strength to drive the conservation of all other candidates and he will be able to force real intellectual debates. It will be the most interesting primary during my lifetime and will probably divide the Republican party. The establishment isn't ready for the infusion of Ron Paul's youthful supporters, nor the organization he has developed around the country. It has caught them off guard. A warning shot has been made, and no doubt you can count on them being ready for Iowa. They'll even be ready for CPAC next year.

All of the articles I have read so far in regard to the CPAC straw poll are writing off Paul's win. They say that Paul always wins straw polls but he never wins when it counts. Its a lie. Paul never won any significant straw polls, especially not at a national gathering of conservatives. This win is significant, and we must recognize it for what it is, it is the result of Paul's vigilant travels around the United States speaking at universities and colleges. It is the result of the uprising of a youth movement that is saying no to government, no to war, and yes to liberty and the principles that support liberty.

I write this post as if Paul has already announced his race. To me, its a given. He is pushing as hard as he can and that air craft carrier is just beginning to make a significant change in direction, why would he stop now? Ron Paul 2012.