PDA

View Full Version : The 2011 Iowa straw poll

erowe1
02-20-2010, 05:50 PM
It's going to be like Woodstock, only with conservatives, libertarians, anarchists, pot heads, truthers, militia members, peaceniks, birchers, birthers, naturopaths, Austrian economists, home schoolers, and guys in tri-corner hats with muskets. Ron Paul supporters will flock to Iowa by the tens of thousands, literally. He won't just win. He'll win big. It will be a truly historic event. We'll be telling our grandkids we were there.

erowe1
02-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Actually it will be in 2011. I can't edit the thread title though.

jabf2006
02-20-2010, 06:06 PM
Hell, I'm in Canada and I might even show up.

Flash
02-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Actually it will be in 2011. I can't edit the thread title though.

You can edit it by doing Advanced Edit.

Refresh my memory please, does the Iowa straw poll get a lot of MSM attention usually? Did Huckabee win the last one?

rp08orbust
02-20-2010, 06:17 PM
You can edit it by doing Advanced Edit.

Refresh my memory please, does the Iowa straw poll get a lot of MSM attention usually? Did Huckabee win the last one?

It does get quite a bit of attention. Romney won in 2007, but Suckabee's strong showing started is ascent into the top tier of candidates. Ron Paul got a respectable 9%, though we of course all had hopes that he would win it.

Cowlesy
02-20-2010, 06:52 PM
I will be in attendance.

I love corn!

Epic
02-20-2010, 06:57 PM
So can anybody come, or is it just Iowans?

paulitics
02-20-2010, 06:57 PM
There is no way we do less than 20% next year. Mitt romney was in Iowa a year before our disorganized effort. RP was barely even known at that time, and had made only a couple of appearances. I think the local media, radio shows, will give him a huge boost. 10% was very respectable in 2007.

He's catchin on, I'm tellin ya.

AuH20
02-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Ron has no chance to win the presidency with the MSM controlling so much of the message, but he could embark upon a Goldwater type campaign where the system would be rattled to core. In the long term, the dividends would be huge, even if the short-term results would be disappointing.

Flash
02-20-2010, 07:02 PM
It does get quite a bit of attention. Romney won in 2007, but Suckabee's strong showing started is ascent into the top tier of candidates. Ron Paul got a respectable 9%, though we of course all had hopes that he would win it.

No no I mean the straw poll not the caucus. Is it the same thing?

UtahApocalypse
02-20-2010, 07:39 PM
We need to hit Iowa THIS year and also NEXT. We cannot just sit back and wait. We should get into Iowa early and spread the message to each and every resident in that state.

Nate
02-20-2010, 07:49 PM
No no I mean the straw poll not the caucus. Is it the same thing?

Yeah that was the straw poll numbers. No it is not the same thing, the straw poll is kind of like the official start of the Iowa Pres campaign season where candidates use the strength of their showing to gauge the level of support they have in Iowa. It happens months before the actual caucus.