PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Central Congratulates Ron Paul and Supporters

RebelRoss0587
02-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Go to the link to see what they had to say

http://mittromneycentral.com/2010/02/20/ron-paul-wins-cpac-fox-news-releases-winner-before-cpac/

Here are the results:
Ron Paul 31%
Romney 22%
Palin 7%
Pawlenty 6%
Pence 5%
Gingrich 4%

This is the order of the candidates as it appeared on the CPAC 2010 ballot:
Haley Barbour
Mitch Daniels
Newt Gingrich
Mike Huckabee
Sarah Palin
Ron Paul
Tim Pawlenty
Mike Pence
Mitt Romney
Rick Santorum
John Thune
Other (write in)
Undecided

johnrocks
02-20-2010, 05:31 PM
This year is said to be different from previous years as there has not been much push or buzz to win the poll, though it’s obvious the Campaign for Liberty had their eye on the prize.

ROFLMAO, what a cop out!

Flash
02-20-2010, 05:32 PM
I can't believe Ron Paul broke Romney's winning streak. This is awesome news.

itshappening
02-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Mittens will never recover from this, like Rudy after attacking Ron

he is done.

phill4paul
02-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Mittens will never recover from this, like Rudy after attacking Ron

he is done.

LOL, horror movies echo humanities grasp for, well humanity. And just like there is never a horror movie monster that truly dies Romney will get his sequel.

erowe1
02-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Every time this guy posts here I'm always amazed that enough people care enough about Romney to have an online forum that actually has daily activity.

Flash
02-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Every time this guy posts here I'm always amazed that enough people care enough about Romney to have an online forum that actually has daily activity.

Its pointless. Romney can't win in 2012 no matter what happens. Look at his health care plan in Massachusetts. Thats going to be the issue that kills him.

erowe1
02-20-2010, 05:58 PM
I could understand people who supported him in the 2008 primary just because they wanted someone who fit the image of a traditional conservative, and even though Romney doesn't, the field of candidates was so horrendous for people looking for that kind of candidate that I can see how they'd settle on Romney.

But actually to be excited about him, and keep talking about him as a good candidate for 2012, and have an active forum for his supporters? I don't get it. Where are these people coming from?

purplechoe
02-20-2010, 06:09 PM
I could understand people who supported him in the 2008 primary just because they wanted someone who fit the image of a traditional conservative, and even though Romney doesn't, the field of candidates was so horrendous for people looking for that kind of candidate that I can see how they'd settle on Romney.

But actually to be excited about him, and keep talking about him as a good candidate for 2012, and have an active forum for his supporters? I don't get it. Where are these people coming from?

I agree, Romney looks like a half way sane person next to Huckabee, McCain, Giuliani, but he's still a neocon...

RebelRoss0587
02-20-2010, 06:26 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't run, who is a pro-life conservative like me going to vote for? Palin is wonderful person, but no where near ready to be president. Mitt will be the most competent President we've had in years and we all know how big the problems are that our country faces. Mitt might not make Chris Matthews' legs twitch, but he will get the job done. I'd love to see Ron Paul in Mitt's cabinet though.

Bergie Bergeron
02-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Gary Johnson.

phill4paul
02-20-2010, 06:33 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't run, who is a pro-life conservative like me going to vote for? Palin is wonderful person, but no where near ready to be president. Mitt will be the most competent President we've had in years and we all know how big the problems are that our country faces. Mitt might not make Chris Matthews' legs twitch, but he will get the job done. I'd love to see Ron Paul in Mitt's cabinet though.

How about Mitt in Rons cabinet? Maybe he could be the czar of "Litigation w/ respect to the proper role of the commander in chief and Congress to national threats."

RebelRoss0587
02-20-2010, 06:33 PM

I challenge anyone to read mitt's book Turnaround about what he did leading the 2012 Olympics to tell me Mitt isn't an amazing leader. That's where a lot of the passion behind Mitt's support comes from.

phill4paul
02-20-2010, 06:36 PM
I challenge anyone to read mitt's book Turnaround about what he did leading the 2012 Olympics to tell me Mitt isn't an amazing leader. That's where a lot of the passion behind Mitt's support comes from.

LOL. I'm not gonna tell ya to "stfu and gtfo", but honestly, are you really gonna try to champion Mitt "I gotta get a lawyers perspective on the Constitution"" Romney here?

Peace&Freedom
02-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Can we dare say it---this is a TURNING POINT in the build up to the 2012 primary race beginning, really, after the 2010 midterm election. Can't spin Paul as an obscure fringe guy anymore, when he's winning straw polls over the so-called favorites Palin and Ken Doll. Either Paul or his selected successor will now be in a very good position to run, especially if several liberty candidates do well through 2010.

disorderlyvision
02-20-2010, 06:40 PM

Get out of here with the Mitt Romney BS. He is horrible. He is no friend of liberty

disorderlyvision
02-20-2010, 06:42 PM
LOL. I'm not gonna tell ya to "stfu and gtfo", but honestly, are you really gonna try to champion Mitt "I gotta get a lawyers perspective on the Constitution"" Romney here?

Awww, c'mon Phill don't hold back, lest you be overrun with Romneyites and Palinites....

before long there is going to be palin, romney and newt money bombs going on here, maybe then you will see what is happening on this forum

RJB
02-20-2010, 06:49 PM
That Romney site is a spoof forum like the old Fred Thompson forum.

phill4paul
02-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Awww, c'mon Phill don't hold back, lest you be overrun with Romneyites and Palinites....

before long there is going to be palin, romney and newt money bombs going on here, maybe then you will see what is happening on this forum

LOL... perhaps. At that point I can choose to stay or leave. It is not my site. It is not my only outlet, info source etc.

I don't mind if Roms or Pals come here. I'll be glad to debate w/ them. In fact I'm still waiting on the jabs about Roms needing lawyers to understand his Constitutional obligations.

ctiger2
02-20-2010, 07:40 PM

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. Every time I hear or read Romey's name I think back to him consulting with his lawyers to determine what do to... Good grief, he's probably an awesome business man but he doesn't understand jack about the law of the land. Sanctions you idiot ? Those are an act of war! The only reason he's running would be for the prestige. He doesn't care about us!

YouTube - Ron Paul - "Read the Constitution!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibJfK1XfY8w)

I'd say Mittens is slightly better than clueless Palin.

RebelRoss0587
02-20-2010, 07:51 PM
That Romney site is a spoof forum like the old Fred Thompson forum.

What do you mean?

HOLLYWOOD
02-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Now Ron should spend some time visiting Tea Party Rallies... start traveling the country.

Romney's famous Whisper
YouTube - Romney whisper. "He raised taxes. I'm not gonna." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7TKkXpteSA)

purplechoe
02-20-2010, 08:00 PM
What do you mean?

rotfl

Agorism
02-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Anyone know the differences in # voting this year vs last year?

Johnnybags
02-20-2010, 08:23 PM
without the revolution. Put up the smooth talkin Romney types or airhead Palin or Progressive McCain and its a loser. They never will embrace Ron. They'd rather lose. A true independent can win the next election. Republicans are democrats now.

ctiger2
02-20-2010, 08:47 PM
without the revolution. Put up the smooth talkin Romney types or airhead Palin or Progressive McCain and its a loser. They never will embrace Ron. They'd rather lose. A true independent can win the next election. Republicans are democrats now.

Sorry, you need to rethink your current attitude. It doesn't sound positive to me. All we need is a constitutional republican (someone who gives a damn about us) in sheep's (GOP) clothing.

kkassam
02-20-2010, 11:31 PM
I'd say Mittens is slightly better than clueless Palin.

To be clear, I'm not a fan of either. I had Arctic Barbie's number from before her convention speech (http://orientem.blogspot.com/2008/09/sarah-palin-and-holy-land.html). But as Lew Rockwell recently pointed out (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/50884.html), the reason the establishment fears Ron Paul is that he is completely unowned. Mitt is not a threat to them at all, he is owned. Palin, while she is also owned, has at times given off the appearance that she is not (like when she defied Bill Kristol & Randy Scheunemann and endorsed Rand Paul). Yes, she's pretty clueless, but in some ways she really is a little 'rogue', and that makes her worth 10 Romneys.

Jeros
02-21-2010, 12:36 AM
if ron paul doesn't run, who is a pro-life conservative like me going to vote for? Palin is wonderful person, but no where near ready to be president. Mitt will be the most competent president we've had in years and we all know how big the problems are that our country faces. Mitt might not make chris matthews' legs twitch, but he will get the job done. I'd love to see ron paul in mitt's cabinet though.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

rp08orbust
02-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Anyone know the differences in # voting this year vs last year?

About 1700 last year, 2400 this year.

Revolution0918
02-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Wow....ok bud your waaaaay outa ur league here just putting this bluntly, people here can think for themselves, read actual books that expand the mind, and think critically.....theres no way ur going to get anybody on this forums to support Mitt. And please stop all the "Ron in Mitts cabinet stuff, dont ever try and make that man stoop to being under such a horrible discrace of a supposed leader.

ctiger2
02-21-2010, 01:03 AM
Yes, she's pretty clueless, but in some ways she really is a little 'rogue', and that makes her worth 10 Romneys.

If Palin really wants to go Rogue she needs to endorse Ron Paul on July 4, 2011.

If she did this... she would completely piss off the Republican/Democrat elite.

specsaregood
02-21-2010, 01:07 AM
For all the talk about business man Romney, he doesn't have a clue on the economy.
Let's compare the answers from Romney and Dr. Paul at the Michigan debate which was supposed to be about the economy. Now you tell me who had a better grasp of our economy and its future?

BARTIROMO: Governor Romney, here in Detroit, Michigan, alone, one in every 29 homes went into foreclosure
in the first six months of the year.

Whose job is it to fix this problem? The government or private enterprise?

ROMNEY: It's everybody's job. It's inexcusable that Michigan is undergoing a one-state recession,
that the rest of the country is growing and seeing low levels of unemployment,
but Michigan is seeing ongoing, high levels of unemployment, almost twice the national rate.

ROMNEY: Industry is shrinking here, jobs are going away. This is just unacceptable.
And, therefore, everyone's going to have to come together to solve the problem.

And that means, from the president's standpoint, the president's going to have to stand up and say --
you know what? -- to the auto industry: The door's always open. We're ongoing to work with you
make sure that you have a listening ear and someone who will participate with labor and with management.

Number two, we're going to make sure that we invest in technology and research.
A lot of that relate into energy, fuels, automotive research like material sites to help boost Michigan once again.

We're going to have to fix the schools, as Newt Gingrich pointed out. 22 percent of Detroit kids don't -- excuse me, 22 percent graduate from high school. That's unacceptable.

We're also going to have to do a better job keeping our taxes down.
Jennifer Granholm has made a big mistake by raising taxes. I was, frankly, a little nervous to --
about being here tonight. I figured she was going to pot a tax on the debate before we got finished.

And we're going to have to go to work, as well, to make sure that there's a level playing field around the world,
as we compete, to make sure that American goods are pushing into other markets, but goods coming overseas aren't
getting an advantage, as they do now, with embedded taxes.

There's a lot we can do to strengthen Michigan. And in some respects, what Michigan is seeing,
the entire nation is going to see, unless we take action now to get Michigan stronger.

MATTHEWS: OK.

Congressman Paul, I think you have questions and concerns about the bonanza in the hedge fund industry. Do you?

PAUL: Yes. I think this is not a consequence of free markets. What's happening is, there's transfer of wealth from the poor and the middle class to the wealthy.

PAUL: This comes about because of the monetary system that we have. When you inflate a currency or destroy a currency, the middle class gets wiped out.

So the people who get to use the money first which is created by the Federal Reserve system benefit. So the money gravitates to the banks and to Wall Street.

That's why you have more billionaires than ever before. Today, this country is in the middle of a recession for a lot of people. Michigan knows about it. Poor people know about it. The middle class knows about it. Wall Street doesn't know about it. Washington, D.C., doesn't know about it.
But it's because of the monetary system and the excessive spending. As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means.

And we have lived beyond our means because we are financing a foreign policy that is so extravagant and beyond what we can control, as well as the spending here at home.

And we're depending on the creation of money out of thin air, which is nothing more than debasement of the currency. It's counterfeit. And it is a natural, predictable consequence that you're going to have people benefit from it and other people suffer.

PAUL: So, if you want a healthy economy, you have to study monetary theory and figure out why it is that we're suffering. And everybody doesn't suffer equally, or this wouldn't be so bad.

It's always the poor people -- those who are on retired incomes -- that suffer the most. But the politicians and those who get to use the money first, like the military industrial complex, they make a lot of money and they benefit from it.

revolutionisnow
02-21-2010, 01:38 AM
YouTube - The Real Romney? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9IJUkYUbvI)

RebelRoss0587
02-21-2010, 05:33 PM
Revolutionisnow, come on... that video has been beaten to death. Everyone on this forum and every romney supporter has seen it. Some people will hold it against Mitt and some people will accept Mitt's conversion to our side of the issue. Let's focus on the future. The past certainly isn't irrelevant, but everyone knows about this already.

disorderlyvision
02-21-2010, 05:41 PM
If Palin really wants to go Rogue she needs to endorse Ron Paul on July 4, 2011.

If she did this... she would completely piss off the Republican/Democrat elite.

Please...God NO! Can we stop with Palin, geez! It about made me puke when she endorsed Rand

Revolutionisnow, come on... that video has been beaten to death. Everyone on this forum and every romney supporter has seen it. Some people will hold it against Mitt and some people will accept Mitt's conversion to our side of the issue. Let's focus on the future. The past certainly isn't irrelevant, but everyone knows about this already.

Please tell me you are a sock puppet trying to have some fun getting the members stirred. You can't seriously be supporting Mitt Romney...

someperson
02-21-2010, 05:45 PM
First time I've seen it lol
Thanks, revolutionisnow ;)

revolutionisnow
02-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Ok, here are some more recent ones

Champions state run health care programs like they have in MA, @ 10:00 Fed is doing a good job
YouTube - I Believe Bernanke Is Doing A Good Job! Mitt Romney (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-1fOZ2SX8A)

Supports bailouts

YouTube - Does Mitt Romney Trust Tim Geithner to Run the Treasury? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYFaIzH_fTE&feature=related)

Raising Fees etc
YouTube - Romney hit hard on MSNBC -Taxes, Flip-flops, & Social Issues (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8bSyAihn18&)

RebelRoss0587
02-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Haha, revolutionisnow, the middle video you just posted is from my Youtube channel. I don't think you are reading into that video correctly. If Mitt is such a strong supporter of bailouts, then what is your explanation of http://mittromneycentral.com/op-eds/let-detroit-go-bankrupt/

revolutionisnow
02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
For some reason he seems to think that bailing out banks, which produce nothing but debt, and are no real value at all, and are actually a burden upon society due to their usury, is a legitimate taxpayer expense, while saving American jobs and American industry is not.

It is also interesting that you are on a RP forum, yet have an entire YT channel devoted to nothing but Mitt Romney.

RebelRoss0587
02-21-2010, 10:54 PM
I am a professed Mitt Romney supporter. Ron Paul is my favorite republican besides Mitt Romney, but I'm not trying to hide my support. That's why my signature is for a Romney group. I love coming to this site and daily paul to be kept up to date on the news you all are following. A lot of times, I learn about events and proposals that the media isn't covering. Also, as I think I've said many times, I'd love to see Ron Paul in Mitt's cabinet.

As for the difference between TARP and the auto bailout, TARP was supposed to only be used temporarily during a time when the credit markets had completely frozen. TARP is now being used as a slush fund for all kinds of things that it wasn't created to be used for. It has been completely misused and Romney has called for the money to returned to the taxpayers on several occasions.

Plus, come on. The auto industry wasn't going to disappear. All the bailout accomplished was to waste taxpayer money and stop GM and Chrysler from making the decisions it needed to make with entitlement and union contracts. A complete restructuring is what they needed and what they would've gotten had Obama not stepped in to save his union pals.

angelatc
02-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Mitt likes mandates. He should be in Obama's cabinet.

coyote_sprit
02-21-2010, 11:03 PM
YouTube - Just for men commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfXiNwfUX6U)

angelatc
02-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Nobody ever listens to me, but did anybody click the link? They really were pretty classy.

someperson
02-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Nobody ever listens to me, but did anybody click the link? They really were pretty classy.
I took RebelRoss' word for it. He's been a great sport about all of the criticism directed at Mr. Romney. A great ambassador for his cause :)

Imperial
02-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Thanks for being here RebelRoss, I always welcome open-minded people to discuss issues and share information. Nice to hear we are all in this together!