PDA

View Full Version : Fired Up about Medina

Meiun
02-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Hey gang. I took a road trip yesterday on my day off between assignments. The timing just happened to work out that I could catch Debra somewhat close to where I live.

My son and I drove 8 hours. It was SO worth it! She is amazing. You have to see her in action, feel the energy in the room, let her look you in the eye... she is the real deal.

The meet and greet was in Rockwall, TX just outside of Dallas. They planned ahead for a small meeting room, about 100 or so, and they had to relocate because of the response. I'd say there were conservatively 250 ppl there last night. A good raucous crowd. Lots of support, but certainly some on the fence. Debra, like Ron, is just a straight shooter. There is no mediocrity in this kind of mixed crowd.

The speech started off with her latest information on illegal immigration and the absolute sham that Perry is trying to pull over. Read about it here. (http://www.medinafortexas.com/getPost?p=285) Mean bastard. This guy is crooked and needs to go.

After hearing her, and her enthusiasm, and that of her supporters I beg to differ with those on this board that feel Debra is waning in the last few days of early voting. Her facebook and donation boards are still climbing and the energy on the ground to turn out the vote is IMPRESSIVE! Don't forget this woman is a 20 yr veteran of doing just that!

Don't count her out yet.

torchbearer
02-20-2010, 05:23 PM
woot!

ScotTX
02-20-2010, 05:28 PM
Me, my wife, mom, dad, and 2 uncles all voted for Medina today.

undergroundrr
02-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Thanks for this great report. Keep your enthusiasm. I think the next couple weeks will challenge it. The full force of her opponents will be bearing down to defeat her and her support. Discouraging polls, smears, out of context quotes, you name it. By the end of next week, the Dallas Morning News will be depicting her as a pedophile carjacker. Don't be shocked if even the AM radio hosts that have been so friendly turn against her at the slightest provocation.

loveshiscountry
02-20-2010, 11:46 PM
from an article "50 things you should know about Debra Medina"

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/politics/state/stories/022110dnpol50thingsmedina.132080a0a.html

1. Debra Medina is a staunch supporter of gun rights and keeps a Springfield 9 mm gun in a case in her car.

6. Her biggest campaign theme is the idea that states can ignore federal laws they deem unconstitutional.

27. She has watched almost no television in the last six years.

43. She is a prolific reader, and she is currently working her way through a compilation of anti-Federalist papers.