PDA

View Full Version : The Sorba Pressure-Cooker tactic

damiengwa
02-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Team,

I've been reviewing the game footage of the Sorba incident and have a few awesome observations.

Just as a recap Ryan Sorba gets up on stage and tried to condem cpac for inviting GoProud, a gay conservative splinter group from the Log Cabin Repubs.

My review of the game film:

Sorba starts out condemning cpac. The crowd spontaneously boo's him. Not over the top, just a moderately inturrepting boo for a few seconds. Then, Sorba reacts by trying to goad the crowd with, "bring it, i love it." But the crowd pipes down and he realizes he goading no one.

He tries to overcome, but under the pressure he rambles out some non-sense about natural rights and natural reproduction and civil rights. It made no sense, but implied that those engaging in 'unnatural sex' don't deserve civil rights.

Crowd Boo's moderately. Again not over the top and Sorba bursts. Some one shouts sit down. He breaks and says, "you sit down." He then claims the crowd protests worse than a bunch of "Smith College Lesbians." Of course the crowd really isn't 'protesting' they were booing. But they pipe down somewhat and let him repeat his non-sense lesbian comment.

Then his over pressured fevered mind then turns against the crowd with "yah bring it, i love it." Jeff Frazee. Acusing him of some kind of conspiracy against him. And how 'hes now my enemy. you just made an enemy of me.' Vindictive and sad!

Watch the youtube. Its an amazing spontaneous tactic that we discovered!

YouTube - CPAC crowd boos Gay Basher Ryan Sorba (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJKU7eoNM2s)

So to review. It doesn't take much to put a speaker off balance. the tactic is targeted and controlled ostracism. Let the idiot speak. Pipe down as he continues, and wait for him say something else you find offensive or disagree with. Rinse, wash repeat. Wait to dig his own grave or blowup.

Its great! Has any one read the G. Edward Griffin article on the 'Diamond Technique?" This is an interesting variation...

damiengwa
02-20-2010, 10:47 AM
you know as i look at all the media coverage its great! Sorba is accused by every one of being a gay-basher. What effect!

The Sorba Pressure Cooker tactic....eat your heart out Saul Alinsky!

Mike4Freedom
02-20-2010, 11:06 AM
So to review. It doesn't take much to put a speaker off balance. the tactic is targeted and controlled ostracism. Let the idiot speak. Pipe down as he continues, and wait for him say something else you find offensive or disagree with. Rinse, wash repeat. Wait to dig his own grave or blowup.

Its great! Has any one read the G. Edward Griffin article on the 'Diamond Technique?" This is an interesting variation...

This is the stuff we need to start doing. Things like this "Diamond Technique" and other mind related stuff.

They use things similair to this on the general population all the time. NLP is another powerful tool (neuro-linguistic programming).

Logical arguements dont work anymore. You present someone with logic and tell them the truth about things they shutoff. Its pretty sad that we have to use these techniques to break down all the programming the sheep have.

RJB
02-20-2010, 11:18 AM
These techniques are used against us. Medina has been completely knocked off message into unfamiliar territory. It's obvious she hasn't really thought of 911 truth by just listening to her answers, but the media has focused on a nonissue to her and restricts her from speaking about Texas.

In the debates, the MSM used these techniques against Ron Paul (and Kucinich when they asked him if he saw a flying saucer) Think of Giuliani laughing at RP or the off the wall questions, or stacking the front rows with mocking neocons.

GunnyFreedom
02-20-2010, 11:19 AM
OK, well good luck with that. When it blows up in our faces and cuts RP's credibility down 20%, don't say we didn't warn you.

It worked with Sorba because there was an overt act of hostility against CPAC to connect it to. Beck is too smart to come out hostile against CPAC, as that would clearly open him up to the Sorba treatment. You boo Beck while he is praising CPAC and you set us back by 12 months in our making of inroads.

I can't stop you from doing this, but I really, really wish you wouldn't. I am already weary, and don't think I'd like the movement being set back 12 months at this stage.

damiengwa
02-20-2010, 11:27 AM
OK, well good luck with that. When it blows up in our faces and cuts RP's credibility down 20%, don't say we didn't warn you.

It worked with Sorba because there was an overt act of hostility against CPAC to connect it to. Beck is too smart to come out hostile against CPAC, as that would clearly open him up to the Sorba treatment. You boo Beck while he is praising CPAC and you set us back by 12 months in our making of inroads.

I can't stop you from doing this, but I really, really wish you wouldn't. I am already weary, and don't think I'd like the movement being set back 12 months at this stage.

I respect your opinion gunny. maybe the walkout is good. But i was just communicating this as a tool that can be used elsewhere... when you can pack a room and disperse people throughout it with a game plan you can really change perceptions... Be it a walk out, a pressure cooker mild heckle, etc. These are the tactics that have been used by those wishing to lord over us and control government for generations.

Just trying to educate folks. Whatever people do, be sure to think it thru and think about how the opponents will try to spin it. most importantly have fun doing it!

GunnyFreedom
02-20-2010, 11:30 AM
I respect your opinion gunny. maybe the walkout is good. But i was just communicating this as a tool that can be used elsewhere... when you can pack a room and disperse people throughout it with a game plan you can really change perceptions... Be it a walk out, a pressure cooker mild heckle, etc. These are the tactics that have been used by those wishing to lord over us and control government for generations.

Just trying to educate folks. Whatever people do, be sure to think it thru and think about how the opponents will try to spin it. most importantly have fun doing it!

Thing is that I agree with your tactic, it just has to be target-specific. Beck, being a media-whore, is too smart to give an opening for this where he does not control the audience, and by and large "our people" are not educated enough to catch the opening if and when it comes.

The one on Sorba was obvious enough for a comatose crash victim to see. Beck will not give such an obvious opening if he gives one at all.

It's a good technique and should be developed, I wholeheartedly agree, but it needs to be target and location specific, and employed in a more strategic than tactical fashion.

RJB
02-20-2010, 11:35 AM
You're exactly right Gunny. Beck will give the most proliberty speech at CPAC. Any booing will be seen as booing liberty unless he makes an off the wall statement. Beck is too crafty for that.

Another thing to keep in mind, noone booed Ron Paul when he said we should scale down our foreign policy, and you can bet there were many unhappy neocons who wanted to boo. If we boo it will be seen of lacking class.

NoHero
02-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Guys, you might want to try a couple more experiments. This might only work on overly macho self-hating gays. lol

then again, maybe a lot of neocons have this personality.

damiengwa
02-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Beck, being a media-whore, is too smart to give an opening for this where he does not control the audience, and by and large "our people" are not educated enough to catch the opening if and when it comes.

Ouch... Lets just say that some folks in the movement have a tendency to over reach. Tactically, its always better to put your opponent in the 'over-reach position.' Thats why i call it 'pressure cooker.' The goal is to let the speaker dig his own grave. Apply the right amount of pressure, not more. Don't marginalize yourself. Don't over reach.

As per Beck, your right the guy is smart. But he can be made to blow up. it depends on his speech. With Sorba, the audience sensed the over reach when he attacked cpac. They sensed the over reach when he began to talk down the audience and spout his hate. Beck will likely be speaking "up" to the audience. He will be speaking "down" to liberals. Chances are there won't be anything blatant to boo or turn the crowd against.

So i guess its a walk out then. Good luck all!

GunnyFreedom
02-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Ouch... Lets just say that some folks in the movement have a tendency to over reach. Tactically, its always better to put your opponent in the 'over-reach position.' Thats why i call it 'pressure cooker.' The goal is to let the speaker dig his own grave. Apply the right amount of pressure, not more. Don't marginalize yourself. Don't over reach.

It wasn't meant that critically -- RPaulers tend to be straight-shooters uneducated in using subversive techniques like NLP. That's not a bad thing.

As per Beck, your right the guy is smart. But he can be made to blow up. it depends on his speech. With Sorba, the audience sensed the over reach when he attacked cpac. They sensed the over reach when he began to talk down the audience and spout his hate. Beck will likely be speaking "up" to the audience. He will be speaking "down" to liberals. Chances are there won't be anything blatant to boo or turn the crowd against. Exactly, Beck will not be acting anything remotely like Sorba was, he will be praising and encouraging all the wonderful and exemplary conservatives in attendance... at that point if we 'boo' we are calling the AUDIENCE out, not Beck. The man's an ass, and not to difficult to leverage into blowing up, but he ain't dumb.

So I guess its a walk out then. Good luck all!I am convinced that this is best. I mean, we can't do NOTHING, but we do have to be careful that what we do not only regresses Beck, but advances us. A staged 70% walkout would do it I think. Our peeps just have to get there early enough to get the seats.