PDA

View Full Version : If you're at CPAC

Jeremy
02-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Please don't be a dick and chant during Glenn Beck's speech today. He'll just defend himself and make you all (and whatever you're chanting about) look like crazies. People love Glenn Beck, so don't even try.

paulitics
02-20-2010, 09:28 AM
I agree. It's not the time or place for it. Let him speak, but just be silent.

rp08orbust
02-20-2010, 09:29 AM
I agree--no disruption please. If you can't help yourselves from shouting during his speech, then at least wear Huckabee tee shirts.

pcosmar
02-20-2010, 09:29 AM
I think it would be much better if a room full of people just got up and walked out when he comes on stage.

I can see the headline, Glen Speck addresses empty room.
:D

Jeremy
02-20-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm going to call it now:

A group of YALers are going to ruin it for all of us. Glenn Beck will come back at us. The crowd will back Beck. YAL will be embarrassed because of some assholes and we lose credibility.

pcosmar
02-20-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm going to call it now:

A group of YALers are going to ruin it for all of us. Glenn Beck will come back at us. The crowd will back Beck. YAL will be embarrassed because of some assholes and we lose credibility.

WE???
:confused:
:(

cpike
02-20-2010, 09:34 AM
I think Fox is broadcasting the speech. Any dissent and they'll twist it against us.

rp08orbust
02-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Since I just learned that signs are against the rules, I think the least risky way to protest Beck is for his enemies to grab as many of the front seats in the ball room as possible and then walk out during his speech.

Tee shirts with "Debra Medina" on the back would have been a nice touch :D

paulitics
02-20-2010, 09:46 AM
I agree--no disruption please. If you can't help yourselves from shouting during his speech, then at least wear Huckabee tee shirts.

lmfao.

PreDeadMan
02-20-2010, 11:38 AM
when is that clown's speech?

LibertarianfromGermany
02-20-2010, 11:41 AM
I think it would be much better if a room full of people just got up and walked out when he comes on stage.

This.

damiengwa
02-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Whatever you do, do it better than the lesbians at smith college... And don't make Jeff Frazee your enemy... ;-)

Not that there's anything wrong with being a lesbian (or Jeff Frazee)... Seinfeld...

Bergie Bergeron
02-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Please DO chant and disrupt Glenn Beck. the man is a liar and has been attacking Medina every friggin day#

here's nothing more odious to Free Speech, to the Right of others to listen, than the 'heckler's veto'.

Any plan that would keep Beck from speaking by means of an orchestrated vocal disruption, is a plan that is counter to everything the liberty movement holds as sacrosanct.
;)

Paulitical Correctness
02-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeah...

A lot of us aren't fortunate enough to be there, so if you are then don't be retarded.

Cowlesy
02-20-2010, 12:32 PM
I split off the posts that were quarreling/antagonizing Jeremy's position.

He started the thread. He's at CPAC. There is no need to be nasty/picking a fight because he has a certain opinion.

Thanks.

RideTheDirt
02-20-2010, 12:41 PM
I would walk out

someperson
02-20-2010, 12:49 PM
If you wish to make a statement, I think walking out from the front row seats is best (rp08orbust's idea).

ARealConservative
02-20-2010, 12:52 PM
If you wish to make a statement, I think walking out from the front row seats is best (rp08orbust's idea).

I'd pinch my nose as I walked out

revolutionary8
02-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Jeremy,
thanks for being there, and having the strength to represent us and be our "eyes and ears".
That said, I see no sense in worrying. There is a saying that goes something like "what you fear will persist." I take it like it were as if I just found a kind of car that I want to buy- all of a sudden you see those cars all over- and you wonder if they have just shown up, or if it is because you have just taken notice of them...
sorry for babbling, but the bottom line is that what will be, will be. you can't blame people for being mad at Beck, and you certainly can't automatically label them as "ron paul people". I know TONS of conservative, who are NOT ron paul people that are mad and angry at him b/c he treats them like 2 yos.

jack555
02-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Don't go crazy but If he says something you strongly disagree with I think some boos from the crowd would be effective.