PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Sorba at CPAC: "Jeff Frazee you made an enemy out of me, buddy!"

Knightskye
02-20-2010, 01:47 AM
YouTube - CPAC crowd boos Gay Basher Ryan Sorba (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJKU7eoNM2s#t=0m53s)

Ryan Sorba, head of the California "Young Americans for Freedom" called out Jeff Frazee, for apparently no reason:

The source of his anger at YAL and Frazee is unclear: The topic was brought up by Students for Liberty, not anyone associated with YAL. Moreover, Frazee was entirely uninvolved in the situation (neither booing, taking sides, nor at all involved in gay rights activism) until Sorba out of the blue mentioned him on stage.
http://www.yaliberty.org/node/14835

They also have an interesting quote by Barry Goldwater.

roho76
02-20-2010, 01:49 AM
What a disgusting human being.

Don't Tread on Mike
02-20-2010, 01:56 AM
sorba the freak

KCIndy
02-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Ryan Sorba, head of the California "Young Americans for Freedom" called out Jeff Frazee, for apparently no reason:

Reason?? Reason???

The guy is clearly an idiot.

That's the reason.

Badger Paul
02-20-2010, 02:00 AM
"Jeff Frazee you made an enemy out of me, buddy!"

ooooooooo!

What you saw right there was epitome of the College Republican. You can tell because we wears a blue blazer without a tie. He thinks he's cool and because of this arrogance he says things like this.

DjLoTi
02-20-2010, 02:03 AM
It's prob cuz he's jealous he hasn't been as successful. =?

Bman
02-20-2010, 02:06 AM
Hmmm... so sex is only to reproduce. I bet this jackass punches himself in the face everytime he masturbates.

RedStripe
02-20-2010, 02:25 AM
This is why I don't get involved with Republicans.

Cowlesy
02-20-2010, 02:28 AM
It is disappointing, because Jeff Frazee and the Young Americans for Liberty have been reaching out and meeting so many people this weekend with a positive, conservative message.

Mr. Sorba will end up ostracizing himself by the way he acts.

Kevin_Kennedy
02-20-2010, 02:30 AM
What a scumbag.

Knightskye
02-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Hmmm... so sex is only to reproduce. I bet this jackass punches himself in the face everytime he masturbates.

Or if a man and a woman do the same thing gay... yeah I'm stopping there.

Austin
02-21-2010, 01:42 AM
There was a speaker before him associated with Students for Liberty, maybe he mixed em up.

No, he was definitely pointing directly at Frazee. He also called out YAL specifically. Another individual represented YAF sniped at YAL by saying "We are the original 'Young Americans.'"

Strange though, Frazee never said anything, shouted anything, or boo'd at any time during Sorba's address.

Knightskye
02-21-2010, 03:58 AM
No, he was definitely pointing directly at Frazee. He also called out YAL specifically. Another individual represented YAF sniped at YAL by saying "We are the original 'Young Americans.'"

Strange though, Frazee never said anything, shouted anything, or boo'd at any time during Sorba's address.

Or maybe he picked out YAL because we're for individual rights, and he can't stand gay people not being treated as a group.

nobody's_hero
02-21-2010, 04:45 AM

The "original young Americans"?

Sorry, but I think there were folks who have been young before them.

Maybe they think old people just spawn in pods.

freedoms-light
02-21-2010, 05:27 AM

Strange though, Frazee never said anything, shouted anything, or boo'd at any time during Sorba's address.,m

Yeah, and Iraq had nothing to do with 911 either.
Didn't stop them from attacking.
Remember, they're neocons.

Ricky201
02-21-2010, 06:16 AM
Why does this man not understand that liberty is freedom from the State? As Ron always says, "Stop cutting liberty into pieces!"

I wish his parents were gay so that they could have never reproduced a moron like him.

pacelli
02-21-2010, 09:33 AM
He loves it and wants us to bring it.

That sounds fairly gay to me. Does he pluck his eyebrows?

Staupostek
02-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Well, he does things to get people to boo him so he can now play the victim card. And he makes his mark by condemning groups of people. Sounds like a conservative to me. Unfortunately, there will always be those types of people when fans of liberty come together.

BuddyRey
02-21-2010, 10:50 AM
What a schmuck. Since he seems to believe that the sole aim and major prerequisite of marriage is reproduction, I wonder if he thinks infertile straight couples should be persecuted too.

He cites Natural Rights as the reason for his Big Gov't attitude, but doesn't seem to have the first clue what a Natural Right is.

Cowlesy
02-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Well, the Young Americans for Freedom ("YAF") have a reason to resent the Young Americans for Liberty ("YAL"), and that is because YAL absolutely mopped the floor with YAF in respect to activism and getting their message out at the Conservative Political Action Conference ("CPAC"). It wasn't close to even. While the YAL supporters are having a great time wrestling in Sumo suits, the YAF supporters are grumbling at the other end of the row trying to hand out old books, muttering about YAL.

There was a gay-Republican group invited to the event, no doubt cleared by David Keene and the people who run ACU, called GOProud.org.

Here are two made-up conversations I think would explain what I would expect to see between either a YAL or YAF supporter, and a member of GOProud.org. By the way, I am not a member of either 3 of these groups, so an actual member is free to state I misinterpret what I would think they would believe. YAL, having such a wide ideological base, would be my most likely misinterpretation below.

YAF Supporter: Hello! What does "GOproud.org" represent?
GOProud Supporter: Hello! We are a conservative gay republican group.
YAF Supporter: Oh. I hate you, and you pollute our movement. You're immoral and do not represent me.
GOProud Supporter: Umm, okay? Goodbye.

YAL Supporter: Hello! What does "GOproud.org" represent?
GOProud Supporter: Hello! We are a conservative gay republican group.
YAL Supporter: I see! Nice to meet you. Gay marriage is clearly a big issue. Where do you stand on it?
GOProud Supporter: Well we fight anti-gay legislation, and believe gay people can get married.
YAL Supporter: I see. Well I am a supporter of traditional marriage between one man, and one woman. Marriage, being a religious institution, should not be a function of or dictated by The State. So while I may not agree with your position on gays being married, I believe you have the right to find a church that conforms to your beliefs, but I would hope we could come to an agreement that the State shouldn't be involved in religious affairs?
GOProud Supporter: I think that is an astute, freedom position.

The YAF supporter creates an enemy. The YAL supporter creates an ally. When an issue arises that is shared between YAL and GOProud.org, they may be inclined to support each other. YAF on the other hand burns a bridge and goes it alone.

Personally, I don't think what you do in the bedroom should define who you are, but as a white anglo-saxon protestant male in America, I'm not an authority of being a minority on close to anything. :p

torchbearer
02-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Personally, I don't think what you do in the bedroom should define who you are, but as a white anglo-saxon protestant male in America, I'm not an authority of being a minority on close to anything. :p

you are an authority on the most important minority group, the individual.
i think you know how it feels to be a minority.

demolama
02-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Longer discussion with him on his warped philosophy

YouTube - Ryan Sorba Interview at CPAC after Controversy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZF1WWZqRB8&NR=1)

Freedom 4 all
02-21-2010, 01:39 PM
You just know that guy's so far in the closet he's having adventures in Narnia

Theocrat
02-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Ryan Sorba should have told Jeff Frazee those words in private. I do agree that GOProud should be condemned publicly, though.

KCIndy
02-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Ryan Sorba should have told Jeff Frazee those words in private. I do agree that GOProud should be condemned publicly, though.

May I refer you back to Cowlesy's post, fourth above yours? :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
02-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Longer discussion with him on his warped philosophy YouTube - I Don't Care (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ygKHdv19Kk)

Knightskye
02-21-2010, 03:02 PM
It was the McCobin guy, from Students for Liberty.

Sorba got the wrong name.

But doesn't it mean, though, that when someone is so outspoken against gay people, that they are likely gay themselves?