PDA

View Full Version : Tom Woods: The Question I Asked Ron Paul

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 07:52 PM
"Video will no doubt be up soon, but at last night's Liberty Forum at CPAC, I had the privilege as emcee to ask Ron Paul the first question during the audience Q&A. I figured I wouldn't ask if he was planning to run in 2012, because he'd (understandably) evade that question.

I ticked off a few of the good results of the 2008 presidential campaign: the Federal Reserve is now a subject of debate for practically the first time ever, it's possible now to propose that our government's foreign policy might be a teensy-weensy bit not-conservative, and Austrian economics is enjoying its greatest surge in interest since Hayek won the Nobel Prize.

Likewise, we now have more people interested in these ideas than ever before, and another effort could -- who knows -- triple our numbers.

Now granting how physically and mentally taxing such a campaign is, my question, Congressman Paul, is this: can you name for us any good reasons _not_ to run?

Big cheers.

He got a big grin on his face and ultimately admitted that he couldn't think of any."

From facebook: http://www.facebook.com/notes/tom-woods/the-question-i-asked-ron-paul/316995294742

I am getting really excited. I am ready to start getting to work NOW! lol =P

UtahApocalypse
02-19-2010, 07:57 PM
"Video will no doubt be up soon, but at last night's Liberty Forum at CPAC, I had the privilege as emcee to ask Ron Paul the first question during the audience Q&A. I figured I wouldn't ask if he was planning to run in 2012, because he'd (understandably) evade that question.

I ticked off a few of the good results of the 2008 presidential campaign: the Federal Reserve is now a subject of debate for practically the first time ever, it's possible now to propose that our government's foreign policy might be a teensy-weensy bit not-conservative, and Austrian economics is enjoying its greatest surge in interest since Hayek won the Nobel Prize.

Likewise, we now have more people interested in these ideas than ever before, and another effort could -- who knows -- triple our numbers.

Now granting how physically and mentally taxing such a campaign is, my question, Congressman Paul, is this: can you name for us any good reasons _not_ to run?

Big cheers.

He got a big grin on his face and ultimately admitted that he couldn't think of any."

From facebook: http://www.facebook.com/notes/tom-woods/the-question-i-asked-ron-paul/316995294742

The speech he made tonight at CPAC was setting the table, and testing the waters. i feel it coming. I believe more now then a few months ago that he will run. Its not a sure thing and I will respect his decision but think that now is the time.

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 08:01 PM
I don't know exactly when is the right time, but I'm so hard-core Ron Paul that I can't see any other positive possibility for America. Ron Paul is our only real chance.

I see no other option to solve so many problems so quickly

Bruno
02-19-2010, 08:01 PM
He's never said no, and now he's said there's no reason not to. I don't know how much closer you get than saying yes without doing so until you're 100% sure and ready to make the statement. :)

erowe1
02-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Shortly after the midterm elections he will announce he's running.

The first money bomb will be Dec. 16, 2010.

By the summer of 2011 Ron Paul will have more campaign funds than anyone else running (excluding wealthy self-funding candidates).

Ron Paul will have the endorsement of at least one sitting senator, his son, and hopefully another, John Hostettler, and possibly also several other congressmen, former congressmen, and other politicians who have held offices at that level or higher who didn't want to stick their necks out to endorse him in 2008 just because he was such a dark horse.

Ron Paul will win the Iowa straw poll.

It will be impossible for any MSM outlets not to treat him as a top tier candidate nor to exclude him from any debates.

The positive results of 2008 very well could be tripled, as Woods predicts, and that would be a great thing.

DeadheadForPaul
02-19-2010, 08:04 PM

Big cheers.

Hey Dj, just saw your interview in my recently ordered copy of For Liberty!

Nice to put a face to the name from Ron Paul Radio! Can't believe that was over 2 years ago!

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Ron Paul will have the endorsement of at least...

Plus all the people who have already endorsed him from 2007, plus our movement has grown very steadily. Think about the people here on RPFs who are leaders in their local GOP? We are miles ahead of victory then we were nearly anytime back in 2007

Hey Dj, just saw your interview in my recently ordered copy of For Liberty!

Nice to put a face to the name from Ron Paul Radio! Can't believe that was over 2 years ago!

Hey!!! Nice to see you =) lol =)
I was still in the military when that interview was done for For Liberty. Even that seems like a long time ago! lol! =)
I'm living in Austin now going to school, out of the military and hoping for 2012 ;-) trying to get into YAL here... how you doin? =)

DeadheadForPaul
02-19-2010, 08:06 PM
I think a Ron Paul 2012 announcement would end up being bad for Rand's campaign and may have a bad effect on it

Hope the good Dr. announces after that election

UtahApocalypse
02-19-2010, 08:06 PM

By the summer of 2011 Ron Paul will have more campaign funds than anyone else running (excluding wealthy self-funding candidates).

Ron Paul will have the endorsement of at least one sitting senator, his son, and hopefully another, John Hostettler, and possibly also several other congressmen, former congressmen, and other politicians who have held offices at that level or higher who didn't want to stick their necks out to endorse him in 2008 just because he was such a dark horse.

It will be impossible for any MSM outlets not to treat him as a top tier candidate nor to exclude him from any debates.

The positive results of 2008 very well could be tripled, as Woods predicts, and that would be a great thing.

Lets get started :)
Imagine 10 million in ONE day and in the first Quarter of any campaigns. it would be the most epic thing ever and would be unstoppable from there on.

johnrocks
02-19-2010, 08:08 PM
My thoughts are he wants to concentrate on winning reelection and then he will announce he's running...Fingers crossed, eyes closed,head in praying position:p

DeadheadForPaul
Honest question: isn't Ron Paul too old to run?

Even if you don't think he is, most voters DO.
People were talking about John McCain's age and he was younger than Dr. Paul at THAT time. Dr. Paul will be 5 years older than McCain was

erowe1
Plus all the people who have already endorsed him from 2007, plus our movement has grown very steadily. Think about the people here on RPFs who are leaders in their local GOP? We are miles ahead of victory then we were nearly anytime back in 2007

That's right. His grassroots network in every state will include multiple leaders who have held various offices either in their parties or local government, who have experienced the brunt end of corrupt practices of party leaders, who have been delegates to state conventions, etc.

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 08:09 PM
It is still really early but The great news is that yes, he will get A LOT of money from the BEGINNING and hopefully our GRASSROOTS can org better and we can make this an all-out 2012 revolution!!!

erowe1
02-19-2010, 08:10 PM

People were talking about John McCain's age and he was younger than Dr. Paul at THAT time. Dr. Paul will be 5 years older than McCain was

The GOP nominated Bob Dole in 1996 and he may have been slightly younger than RP will be, but he was more decrepit and only had one arm. RP's age will be used against him, but we can deal with it.

UtahApocalypse
02-19-2010, 08:11 PM

McCain had cancer and other problems
Paul is healthy, has biked, jogged, and walked many times with campaign events.he is fit and takes good care of himself. plus he drinks Fiji Water

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 08:12 PM

Honest answer: no. Age discrimination is like race discrimination. My G-ma is 84 and has smoked a pack a day since she was 20! Ron Paul is a doctor, the lifespan of people is increasing, the times are changing.

If people wanna say he's too old, then they are not voting for the issues. Barack Obama is young but he is a terrible president. Ron Paul is the best by FAR and is Regan-like in his presence.

Did you guys really think he looked like a frail old man in his speech today? I sure didn't.

rawful
02-19-2010, 08:20 PM

The difference is McCain was viewed as being an old candidate for old people. Ron Paul's base is viewed as young and energized.

Bruno
02-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Hell no he didn't look old. And Ron is actually one who could get away with using a version of Ronald Reagan's line about not holding his opponent's youth against them, with a smile, and have it work.

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Hell no he didn't look old. And Ron is actually one who could get away with using a version of Ronald Reagan's line about not holding his opponent's youth against them, with a smile, and have it work.

Ronald Regan!!!! Ronald Paul!!!!! Ron Paul 2012!!!!!!

purplechoe
02-19-2010, 08:26 PM

I'm getting excited already... :cool:

jabf2006
02-19-2010, 08:35 PM
Think about all of the new psyched up Paulites that have become old enough to vote too....

jabf2006
02-19-2010, 08:36 PM
There's no doubt that Paul owns the conservative youth movement.

YAL will be a HUGE weapon of Paul's.

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Not only that, but EVERYBODY knows his name!!!! like over 80% of the random people I talk to (though I do live in Austin, TX ;) )

PLUS, think of all the donations he recieved from military members. I myself was in the military, which prevented me from doing Ron Paul full-time. I know I can't be the only one! =))

bucfish
02-19-2010, 08:57 PM
RP in 2012 are the Anarchists gonna show up?

bucfish
02-19-2010, 08:58 PM
RP in 2012 are the Anarachists gonna show up?

I can see it happening. but can the dollar hold out that long?

cpike
02-19-2010, 09:10 PM
I'm giddy at the possibility. I was asleep during 2007 and 08. I voted for McCain, didn't pay any attention to primaries, can't wait to go all out for Paul.

KramerDSP
02-19-2010, 09:20 PM

(EDITED TO ADD - I thought you meant 12/16/2011. My bad! But doesn't 12/16/2010 mean Ron would have declare before then? It seems a bit premature)

See, I'm thinking differently here. Maybe I'm in the minority, but here's my take. Let me set the table first.

Ron Paul "formally declared his candidacy for the 2008 Republican nomination on March 12, 2007, on C-SPAN" according to his Wiki page.

The GOP Debate Schedule was:

3.1 May 3, 2007 - Simi Valley, California
3.2 May 15, 2007 - Columbia, South Carolina
3.3 June 5, 2007 - Manchester, New Hampshire
3.4 July 12, 2007 - Detroit, Michigan
3.5 August 5, 2007 - Des Moines, Iowa
3.6 September 5, 2007 - Durham, New Hampshire
3.7 September 17, 2007 - Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3.8 September 27, 2007 - Baltimore, Maryland
3.9 October 9, 2007 - Dearborn, Michigan
3.10 October 16, 2007 - Washington, D.C.
3.11 October 21, 2007 - Orlando, Florida
3.12 October 25, 2007 - Sioux City, Iowa
3.13 November 28, 2007 - St. Petersburg, Florida
3.14 December 9, 2007 - Miami, Florida
3.15 December 12, 2007 - Johnston, Iowa
3.16 January 5, 2008 – Manchester, New Hampshire
3.17 January 6, 2008 – Milford, New Hampshire
3.18 January 10, 2008 - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3.19 January 24, 2008 - Boca Raton, Florida
3.20 January 30, 2008 - Simi Valley, California
3.21 February 2, 2008 - New York, New York

November 5th, 2007 (one of my favorite days ever, BTW) led to $4.3 million dollars in 24 hours. But by then, the campaign was already half over.

December 16th, 2007, the Tea Party, led to $6+ million raised, and even more publicity. Correct me if I am wrong, but many of us here have said that the money, as large as it was, came too late, and if we had our druthers, we would have done them earlier.

It's Mid-February 2010. By my count, we're 12 months away from the announcement of Ron Paul 2012 in February/March of 2011. Where does he make the announcement, though? That's the big question.

I think everybody in Ron Paul Nation should prepare themselves for an INSTANT money bomb that would happen for the 24 hours immediately following the announcement by Ron Paul that he is running for President again. Say he announces on March 1st, 2010 in the afternoon. March 2nd would immediately be the first Money Bomb day, and I dare say we'd get $5 million in 24 hours easily, if not surpass the original Tea Party.

This would then give Ron Paul $6 million dollars before the first debate has even begun. I also like the idea of 4 super Money Bomb days.

April 15, 2011 - For Obvious Reasons
July 4th, 2011 - For Even More Obvious Reasons
November 5th, 2011 -
December 16th, 2011 -

I'm sure there would be a lot of smaller money bomb days, but what do you all think about the outline above?

wrestlingwes_8
02-19-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm giddy at the possibility. I was asleep during 2007 and 08. I voted for McCain, didn't pay any attention to primaries, can't wait to go all out for Paul.

SAME HERE! Found out about Ron Paul about 2 weeks after the election and ever since then I've been extremely excited to help with a possible Ron Paul 2012 campaign!

DeadheadForPaul
02-19-2010, 09:21 PM

Welcome Aboard!

Epic
02-19-2010, 09:27 PM

hopefully not... cause then RP would gain cred, plus Paulites have lots of gold that would gain in value.

erowe1
02-19-2010, 09:29 PM
doesn't 12/16/2010 mean Ron would have declare before then?

Yes. I hope he does. The midterm elections are Nov. 2 I think. If he announces 2 weeks after that, that will still be a full month before Dec. 16, 2010. And if he gives us some more hints ahead of time, we can start planning, getting a website together, etc., well before he officially announces.

Texan4Life
02-19-2010, 09:41 PM

I dont think your alone.. and thats why a RP 2012 would be EPIC

ctiger2
02-19-2010, 09:44 PM

This is a good question. If the dollar does hold up until after 2012 whoever inherits this situation will be in a tight spot... There's a lot that can go wrong between now and 2012. Ron would be the perfect president to bring us out of the ashes.

Toureg89
02-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Its not a sure thing and I will respect his decision but think that now is the time.
couldnt agree more.

i'm 21 now, and have been following him for 2 years.

he has AWAKENED a LOT of people, ESP. YOUNG people.

and a FEW of us have been stirring up a storm on the with the established neocons.

and with the right support on college campuses, he might just get elected how Obama did, with voters 18-25yoa.

itshappening
02-19-2010, 09:48 PM
I dont think your alone.. and thats why a RP 2012 would be EPIC

I dont think it would be epic, it would be the same bunch of amateurs and losers in charge. i'd rather not go through it again unless he has a new team and keeps the amateurs away which is unlikely since he has been loyal to them for along time

itshappening
02-19-2010, 09:52 PM
I think it will happen but only because friends of his - who have no experience in running national or statewide campaigns - can bill 10k a month to the campaign for their salaries for 16 months.

I dont want people here to be short changed again and unless he appoints new people with experience of winning statewide elections rather than the same old gang then it'll be doomed to failure

KramerDSP
02-19-2010, 09:53 PM
If Rand wins and becomes the Jr. Senator of Kentucky, should David Adams run RP2012 (if it happens)? I say Yes.

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 09:54 PM
I dont think it would be epic, it would be the same bunch of amateurs and losers in charge. i'd rather not go through it again unless he has a new team and keeps the amateurs away which is unlikely since he has been loyal to them for along time

I know, the official campaign bombed it last time. I personally am trying to make a name for myself in my local YAL and am hoping to get involved with the next campaign. I can assure you, I will do everything possible to assure a victory.

However, some people are interested in maybe making an Iowa radio station. I'm not sure what we all want to do, but I know it starts in Iowa.

Funny thing is, we were ALL amateurs in 2007. Some of our veteran grassroots people are the real deal. We should recognize that WE are the force, WE are the voice, WE are the people that will get him elected. The burden falls on OUR shoulders. If the campaign falters, it is our responsibility that we advise a plan to ensure victory.

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 09:56 PM
I dont want people here to be short changed again and unless he appoints new people with experience of winning statewide elections rather than the same old gang then it'll be doomed to failure

I totally agree. 2012 should change from top to bottom. If it's the same gang in 2007, I say lets run our own campaign and make sure every freaking person in Iowa and beyond knows the name Ron Paul.

Everybody.

itshappening
02-19-2010, 09:57 PM
No, Adams is a gem that Rand should keep hold of.

there are plenty of people with experience of winning big Republican campaigns, national or statewide rather than the cronies he appointed last time who couldnt even make an impression in a caucus state like Iowa where you only need a few thousand people because they lost their voter list and couldnt organize them. Dont forget the RP 08 campaign had the most money than anyone else bar Romney and were outplayed by Huck and Rollins (someone with real experience )

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 09:59 PM
But look at the traffic! These forums will become so swamped they'll almost be unusable. I promise on debate days this forum will have over 1,000, 2,000, or maybe even 10,000 people on here at once. It's going to be madness.

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 10:01 PM
In 2007 the campaign really botched Iowa. They fumbled like Minnesota in the playoffs. We still placed 5th but the only county Ron Paul won in Iowa was done by local grassroot support.

If we can start early and push hard, we'll do a lot better as a grassroots and I am confident in our abilities.

itshappening
02-19-2010, 10:01 PM
it doesnt matter about the traffic if the people he appoints to senior positions are wet behind the ears, fresh out of college or have no experience running campaigns and knowing what's going on, it doesnt matter if he had 100 million but appointed the same cronies, he wont get anywhere with it unless he has professional people with experience running the campaigns nationwide, statewide and in counties, rather than cronies and friends of cronies or infiltrators as we suspected in Iowa.

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Networks like YAL didn't even exist in 2007. We are much better organized then we were in 2007. Like I said, I am really confident in our abilities. Remember, we need to take ownership of our challenge. This is *our* challenge. *We* need to overcome the challenge.

Ron Paul, REVOLUTION, in the year 2012, after Obama and our crises. Trust me, America is more ready then ever before in 2007 or 2008.

Ron Paul has the most fun, best, campaign period. No one will compare to us. If we can win the primary, we can win the general. Winning a primary isn't like winning the presidency. It's an entirely different focus. We need to focus all our efforts on the primaries. We need to remember this

nayjevin
02-19-2010, 10:05 PM
My money's on de-centralized.

WHY DON'T THEY WANT RON TO WIN?

ftw

Radio's a good idea, podcasts, cd's, dvd's, youtube. Flyers signs phone calls and knocks. Campuses!

itshappening
02-19-2010, 10:07 PM
it doesnt matter, you can have the best grassroots but an incompetent campaign manager in the state or nationwide which Ron tends to appoint, will mean it is doomed to failure

IF he appointed Rollins or someone like that then great but he'll appoint the kind of people who can't even run the CFl nevermind a presidential campaign.

As I said they got outplayed by Huck and rollins in Iowa, Huck at the time had a million to Ron's 20 million, the campaign just became a billing center for 10k a month employees who were never serious about winning but "educating" and producing poor organization and media strategies

Bergie Bergeron
02-19-2010, 10:09 PM
But look at the traffic! These forums will become so swamped they'll almost be unusable. I promise on debate days this forum will have over 1,000, 2,000, or maybe even 10,000 people on here at once. It's going to be madness.
True, true...

KramerDSP
02-19-2010, 10:09 PM
I remember when the Facebook group was trying to raise $500,000 in one week in September of 2007. We ended up raising $1 million that week. Here's the thread on this, which is pretty hysterical looking back:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=19887

From there, things kind of exploded. Before you know it, in a total of 48 hours, we raised $10.3 Million dollars. Who knows what we're capable of hitting with one of those money bombs. $10 million in 24 hours? $15 ? :eek:

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 10:10 PM
it doesnt matter, you can have the best grassroots but an incompetent campaign manager in the state or nationwide which Ron tends to appoint, will mean it is doomed to failure

No, I totally disagree. Ron WON a county in Iowa and other counties across the country because of the GRASSROOTS. It was local efforts. The local efforts of mostly amateurs.

It has been 3 years and we are all much more experienced and better prepared to the challenges we'll face.

We do need to get serious about reforming the campaign, but we can't let that decide if we'll take our country back. This is the most important thing we can do in our lives (imo)

Who knows what we're capable of

Exactly. I for one am confident we can be bigger and better then ever

cpike
02-19-2010, 10:10 PM
In 2007 the campaign really botched Iowa. They fumbled like Minnesota in the playoffs. We still placed 5th but the only county Ron Paul won in Iowa was done by local grassroot support.

If we can start early and push hard, we'll do a lot better as a grassroots and I am confident in our abilities.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm still recovering. There will be more people awake, like myself. Even if were inexperienced, we can still work the ground. Leave the great longer tenured minds up top.

itshappening
02-19-2010, 10:11 PM
and what will they do with the money that is the question? hire their friends on 10k a month and produce terrible ads this is what im worried about and why I dont want him to run unless he is serious about winning and appointing people with experience and history of winning elections

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the reminder.

Haha! I would have liked to see Farve get it but I actually like the Saints better. You guys did good though, shoulda had it =P (like RP in Iowa LOL.. should have at least got 3rd. At least.)

and what will they do with the money that is the question? hire their friends on 10k a month and produce terrible ads this is what im worried about and why I dont want him to run unless he is serious about winning and appointing people with experience and history of winning elections

Even if you can just donate $10, it's important to donate when he announces. The REASON for this is because it shows the amount of support he has and makes him a front runner before the first debate! There are not going to be many presidential candidates who get money from 100,000s of people and raising millions of dollars.

in 2007 Ron Paul was more like Sam Brownback. Just another guy. Obviously he wasn't, but no one knew about him.

If he raises more money with more people then anyone by the first debate, I think that could make him a front runner (maybe)

itshappening
02-19-2010, 10:25 PM
Haha! I would have liked to see Farve get it but I actually like the Saints better. You guys did good though, shoulda had it =P (like RP in Iowa LOL.. should have at least got 3rd. At least.)

Even if you can just donate $10, it's important to donate when he announces. The REASON for this is because it shows the amount of support he has and makes him a front runner before the first debate! There are not going to be many presidential candidates who get money from 100,000s of people and raising millions of dollars.

in 2007 Ron Paul was more like Sam Brownback. Just another guy. Obviously he wasn't, but no one knew about him.

If he raises more money with more people then anyone by the first debate, I think that could make him a front runner (maybe)

I will only encourage those to donate if he appoints people in IOWA, New Hampshire and as national campaign director who has some experience, at some level (state or nationwide) in winning a primary or election.

he will only be a front runner when he wins or comes close in Iowa or New Hampshire, so that is where the focus should be and where he needs to appoint competent and experienced campaign people

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 10:26 PM
he will only be a front runner when he wins or comes close in Iowa or New Hampshire, so that is where the focus should be and where he needs to appoint competent and experienced campaign people

But the debates start in May and Iowa happens in Janurary. If we raise 2x more money with 4x as many people as some of the other candidates, yes I think Ron Paul could be a front runner by May

And don't forget to count our enthusiastic dominance. Seriously this is 10x easier then last time

Texan4Life
02-19-2010, 10:31 PM
I agree that if he ran again the campaign should drop some serious $$$ on pros cuz they know they will raise plenty to pay for em.

If we raise 2x more money with 4x as many people as some of the other candidates, yes I think Ron Paul could be a front runner by May

+1 $$$ and name recognition is half or 3/4 the battle. I would expect the media to not be as friendly as they are now though.

DjLoTi
02-19-2010, 10:33 PM
I would expect the media to not be as friendly as they are now though.

They might not be as friendly, but at least they'll give him respect. In 2007 they laughed him off the stage. They won't do that when he's actually a front-runner. I would like to think he'll come out #1 far and beyond with donations and donors, and if he's #1 across the board, how could they possibly just ignore him.

cpike
02-19-2010, 10:50 PM
If we do what we need to in Iowa, they can't ignore us. Heck who knew Huckabee before Iowa last year? Being in Minnesota, I'll have to plan a trip to get down there and do some good work.

Jeros
02-20-2010, 12:04 AM
No, I totally disagree. Ron WON a county in Iowa and other counties across the country because of the GRASSROOTS. It was local efforts. The local efforts of mostly amateurs.

It has been 3 years and we are all much more experienced and better prepared to the challenges we'll face.

We do need to get serious about reforming the campaign, but we can't let that decide if we'll take our country back. This is the most important thing we can do in our lives (imo)

Exactly. I for one am confident we can be bigger and better then ever

I concur. The campaign was a huge success even with incompetent official managers. I don't think Ron Paul could have done much better than he did. The country just wasn't ready to listen to his message. This time will be different, with or without competent campaign managers. Ron Paul, and libertarianism in general, once embraced, are not easily renounced. No other potential candidate can say the same. Ron Paul supporters are not potential voters for any other candidate, while every other candidate has supporters who are potential Ron Paul supporters.

RileyE104
02-20-2010, 03:33 AM

You just gave me so much hope with this! lol
I'm so excited now.. I can't wait!!!!!!

torchbearer
02-20-2010, 10:11 AM
youtube or it didn't happen.

nelsonwinters
02-20-2010, 11:08 AM
If we do what we need to in Iowa, they can't ignore us. Heck who knew Huckabee before Iowa last year? Being in Minnesota, I'll have to plan a trip to get down there and do some good work.

^^^^ This. It's all about Iowa. Money can't buy the visibility of free media coverage when you're considered a top tier candidate. Paul was short just several thousand votes from 3rd place if I remember correctly. Instead he finished fifth and was then ignored by the media.

Regarding his age... he should just say that apparently we need an older candidate that can remember what it was like before we lost so many of our freedoms, policed the world, had fiat currency and out of control debt and entitlement programs.

ShowMeLiberty
02-20-2010, 11:20 AM

I hope to god you're psychic.

I think everybody in Ron Paul Nation should prepare themselves for an INSTANT money bomb that would happen for the 24 hours immediately following the announcement by Ron Paul that he is running for President again. Say he announces on March 1st, 2010 in the afternoon. March 2nd would immediately be the first Money Bomb day, and I dare say we'd get $5 million in 24 hours easily, if not surpass the original Tea Party.

This would then give Ron Paul $6 million dollars before the first debate has even begun. I also like the idea of 4 super Money Bomb days.

April 15, 2011 - For Obvious Reasons
July 4th, 2011 - For Even More Obvious Reasons
November 5th, 2011 -
December 16th, 2011 -

I'm sure there would be a lot of smaller money bomb days, but what do you all think about the outline above?

I like it. Count me in. :)

youtube or it didn't happen.

:D Ah, the memories. I hope to be seeing that phrase a thousand more times in the RP 2012 campaign!

Bruehound
02-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Get active in your local GOP organizations, usually at the township level. As you socialize with fellow precinct captains be polite, intelligent and persausive and don't be belligerent and angry. There was too much of that kind of impression last time around. It takes the patience of a saint to slowly persuade a duped neocon that their world view is wrong.

Given the political experience this movement has attained since 08, I have no doubt that Ron Paul will win the Republican nomination for President in 2012.

jabf2006
02-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Get active in your local GOP organizations, usually at the township level. As you socialize with fellow precinct captains be polite, intelligent and persausive and don't be belligerent and angry. There was too much of that kind of impression last time around. It takes the patience of a saint to slowly persuade a duped neocon that their world view is wrong.

Given the political experience this movement has attained since 08, I have no doubt that Ron Paul will win the Republican nomination for President in 2012.

I have lots of doubt. He had no chance of winning last time and look at how the media attacked him? As soon as he starts showing a real chance...those newsletters will be all over the place for weeks.

DjLoTi
02-20-2010, 04:26 PM
As you socialize with fellow precinct captains be polite, intelligent and persausive and don't be belligerent and angry. There was too much of that kind of impression last time around.

Yeah, well last time everyone just kind of 'found out' about Ron Paul. We weren't typical republicans, and many of us prob didn't even like Bush. So then we find out about Ron Paul, and we're like, omg we need this guy.

So we go to the GOP, and they're like 'screw you crack-pots'. This time, there are so much more of us, we're much more prepared, and we've also made inroads with the GOP.

Ron Paul can, and if I have anything to do about it WILL win the primary and the election in 2012!!!!!!!!

Matt Collins
02-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Tom Woods is great.

Even if Ron runs this time and either has no intention of winning, or if he doesn't win, then we will still pull his opponents towards our direction which is better than not being in the game at all.

nayjevin
02-20-2010, 11:15 PM
I think everybody in Ron Paul Nation should prepare themselves for an INSTANT money bomb that would happen for the 24 hours immediately following the announcement by Ron Paul that he is running for President again.

I think it's important to have plenty of time for everyone to hear about it, don't think 24 hrs is enough. I agree with the overall point of getting started early.

UtahApocalypse
02-20-2010, 11:21 PM
I think it's important to have plenty of time for everyone to hear about it, don't think 24 hrs is enough. I agree with the overall point of getting started early.

that is why we need to get word out now to pledge as soon as its announced.

Texan4Life
02-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Are there any tubes of tom woods' speech yet??