PDA

View Full Version : I'm sure the original boston tea partiers had differences

lester1/2jr
02-19-2010, 04:13 PM
the people at the original boston tea party probably had alot of political differences too but they had a unified goal. they weren't like, lets stay home from the boston massacre because martha washington is stupid

I hate the tea party now because it's just the republican party. the idea that it's "snowballed" into what it is now is silly. the original motivation was obamas profligate spending and now other people have pinned their thing on to it.

all the pork in the stimulus and the health care bill was the tea party.

seperate the tea party movment from conservatism and republicanism and make a list and post in on the door and that'll be the tea party movement

It can be salvaged and win

roho76
02-19-2010, 04:17 PM
the original motivation was obamas profligate spending and now other people have pinned their thing on to it.

This isn't true. The Tea Party started way before Obama. I don't remember Obama being the DNC pick in Dec. '07.

Vessol
02-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Maybe, but I'm betting they didn't have a bunch of loyalists with them who just wanted to push the crowd into obeying the Crown again.

LittleLightShining
02-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Maybe, but I'm betting they didn't have a bunch of loyalists with them who just wanted to push the crowd into obeying the Crown again.Hahaha! Ain't that the truth?

lester1/2jr
02-19-2010, 04:33 PM
good point.

Aratus
02-20-2010, 09:48 AM
most likely one of my ancestors did do the thingie of gettin into indian garb and warpaint like as
if october 31st was upon one and all, just to help out his close friend paul revere! sincerely & truely
there were towering intellects and personalities as well as public personas soon to be enmarbled in
the early days of our republic. yes! its wise auld & usually honest benjamin franklin who caution'd one
and all that it is wiser to hang together in a good way as comrades rather than direly & sadly seperately!