PDA

View Full Version : House Minority Leader: "Rebellion Brewing in America"

GunnyFreedom
02-19-2010, 01:25 PM
GOP House Minority Leader John Boehner says (and tweeted) 'Rebellion brewing in America (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/33152.html)'

House Minority Leader John Boehner said Thursday that there is a “political rebellion brewing in America.”

Speaking to the Conservative Political Action Conference, Boehner urged the Republican Party to listen to the tea party activists protesting in anti-tax rallies but to not too overtly court the movement toward the GOP flock.

“The Republican Party should not aim to co-opt the tea parties. I think that is the dumbest thing in the world,” the Ohio Republican said.

“I think all of you know there is a political rebellion brewing in America,” he said of the tea party movement. “While the other side is mocking tea partiers and calling them names, we’re going to work with them, listen with them and stand amongst them. ... The other party will never, ever do that.”

While Boehner was careful to not count the tea parties as part of the GOP ranks, he said the energy that has propelled the movement may also make him speaker of the House.

If Republicans are able to retake the House, Boehner promised to change procedures and create a more transparent process.

“If I’m fortunate enough to be the speaker of the House, I will pledge to you right here, right now that we are going to run the House differently,” he said. “And I don’t mean differently from the way Democrats are running it today. I’m mean differently from the way Republicans and Democrats have been running it.”

Read More (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/33152.html)

Chester Copperpot
02-19-2010, 01:30 PM
TO: John Boehner

WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU. DROP DEAD.

Sincerely,

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

ctiger2
02-19-2010, 01:36 PM

Sincerely,

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

+1

paulpwns
02-19-2010, 01:39 PM

Sincerely,

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

This.

" I promise I will be different"
hahahahahahaha

Slutter McGee
02-19-2010, 01:39 PM

Sincerely,

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

I do believe him. I think they will run it better. (Notice I said better, not well) But not out of their own accord, but only because the same old same old could turn into a political liability.

Sincerely,

SLutter McGee

pcosmar
02-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Shit
Why do I think I have heard that before?

"Rebellion Brewing in America"

Hmm
What would give him that idea?

GunnyFreedom
02-19-2010, 01:45 PM

Sincerely,

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE

Agree. With the caveat that the more of our people we put on the Hill, the more of a shot we have at holding him to account for this. I don't trust the man either, but I WILL say this much -- I trust him more than I trust the newt. :D

Clearly, he knows that he has to speak to us. From his CPAC speech, it is plain that he is cognizant that without our faction, they will not succeed. Fine. We put Kokesh, Lawson, and Shiff on the Hill and we can nail his feet to the floor on this.

lx43
02-19-2010, 03:00 PM
I'd rather have Ron Paul as Speaker of the House with Rand Paul as Senate Majority leader.

GunnyFreedom
02-19-2010, 03:56 PM
I'd rather have Ron Paul as Speaker of the House with Rand Paul as Senate Majority leader.

well. duh. ;)

fisharmor
02-19-2010, 03:59 PM

Don't forget Kokesh for the majority whip!

GunnyFreedom
02-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Don't forget Kokesh for the majority whip!

Hell yeah! perfect spot for him too. :D

akforme
02-19-2010, 04:32 PM
I don't know who I can't stand more, him or Nazi Pelosi.

catdd
02-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Nazi Pelosi