PDA

View Full Version : 'CONSPlRACY KOOK' vs SHEEPLE: FUNDAMENTAL DIFFERENCE

theclip
02-19-2010, 01:18 PM
I have noticed that the fundamental trait which separates a "conspiracy-kook" and a sheeple is that the sheeple follow a pattern to put things in their ignore-list or they have learned to ignore events that resides in a certain zone or follows a certain pattern. Whereas a "conspiracy-kook" too acknowledge that pattern but tends to observe and follow it as it is. Sometimes they even show more attraction towards this pattern.

Your thoughts?

Immortal Technique
02-19-2010, 01:22 PM
one persons definition of kook is another mans definition of sanity.
Who is to decide?
not the collective surely......

sofia
02-19-2010, 01:23 PM
I have noticed that the fundamental trait which separates a "conspiracy-kook" and a sheeple is that the sheeple follow a pattern to put things in their ignore-list or they have learned to ignore events that resides in a certain zone or follows a certain pattern. Whereas a "conspiracy-kook" too acknowledge that pattern but tends to observe and follow it as it is. Sometimes they even show more attraction towards this pattern.

Your thoughts?

I believe the capacity for independent thought is partly genetic. You can either see things as they are...or you are a sheep.

We "conspiracy kooks" manifest critical thinking skills and healthy pyschology that sheeple lack. That an otherwise intelligent individual could look at the collapse of WTC 7 and not conclude that it was rigged to explode....continues to amaze me..

Sheeple on the other hand, cannot bear the discomfort of not agreeing with the herd. No matter how much evidence you hit them with, they will shut you down.

Chester Copperpot
02-19-2010, 01:25 PM

Your thoughts?

Ludwig VOn Mises calls it .. well shit.. I forgot what he called it now.. anyway it was a scientific term (or Latin) for somebody that basically questions things..

Oh I remember now.. Praxeology... And kooks would be Praxeologists...

I believe thats the correct spelling...

theclip
02-19-2010, 01:36 PM
I believe the capacity for independent thought is partly genetic.

Yawn.

Serendipity, was what woke me up.
I was introduced to this by a well-known false-opposition. :D

Dunedain
02-19-2010, 02:23 PM
I believe the capacity for independent thought is partly genetic. You can either see things as they are...or you are a sheep.

We "conspiracy kooks" manifest critical thinking skills and healthy pyschology that sheeple lack. That an otherwise intelligent individual could look at the collapse of WTC 7 and not conclude that it was rigged to explode....continues to amaze me..

Sheeple on the other hand, cannot bear the discomfort of not agreeing with the herd. No matter how much evidence you hit them with, they will shut you down.

Some people are resistant to brainwashing and forms of mass hypnosis. I suspect many of them end up on this board and others like it.

theclip
02-19-2010, 02:32 PM
^ And this nature is anything but hereditary.....my parents are pretty susceptible to media brainwashing whereas I have found lots of friends, neighbors and even previously strangers who understand this kind of information almost immediately. I have distributed more than 100 DVDs in last few months and getting pretty good responses so far...

RCA
02-19-2010, 02:57 PM
^ And this nature is anything but hereditary.....my parents are pretty susceptible to media brainwashing whereas I have found lots of friends, neighbors and even previously strangers who understand this kind of information almost immediately. I have distributed more than 100 DVDs in last few months and getting pretty good responses so far...

Nice job!

akforme
02-19-2010, 02:59 PM
I see patterns now like I didn't see before. Like when they discredit somebody or some idea. They name call, belittle and never address the issues in a respectable fashion and try and separate them from what they call "normal" people.

Birthers are one. I have spent no time looking into it because I just don't care, but if I had to guess I'd say he's not born here just by the reactions.

InterestedParticipant
02-19-2010, 03:25 PM

Your thoughts?
Why would a society based upon the concept of individual liberty allow anyone to assign a "group" label to others?

sofia
02-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Birthers are one. I have spent no time looking into it because I just don't care, but if I had to guess I'd say he's not born here just by the reactions.

yes....whenever you are attacked simply for mentioning a possibility, red flags should go up....

if someone was to accuse Obama of being a woman disguised as a man, people would chuckle at you, but no one would get angry or defensive....

but the moment you raise the "birther" issue...left and right converge and attack like Piranhas.

I always find that reaction very intriguing....and also quite supicious

sofia
02-19-2010, 03:54 PM

THIS is what we need more of. Chatting amongst ourselves in this echo chamber may be informative, encoraging, and even fun.....but ultimately, we have to take it to the people of the matrix directly.

Nice work.

A bit of advice, in addition to DVD's, you can isssue less expensive flyers with youtube addresses to watch some of those videos.....lots of good films online

theclip
02-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Why would a society based upon the concept of individual liberty allow anyone to assign a "group" label to others?

Well, idk why you brought it up....but in any society people can be classified based on observable traits-- like skin color (natural) or number of scars/marks in their skin (brought upon by themselves/ accidental). The OP hardly had anything to do with individual liberty.

theclip
02-20-2010, 12:00 AM
... with youtube addresses to watch some of those videos.....lots of good films online

This is where I beg to differ, I mostly target people who are not internet frenzy-- they are sheeple, so once converted they remain our sheeple. And they are the ones who have better f2f interaction with people which is necessary to spread the knowledge. But one needs to have good interaction with the thinking class too, I also hunt for people who have free time and dislike TV.