PDA

View Full Version : Some conspiracy theories are more equal than others

bobbyw24
02-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Spicing up the Republican primary campaign for Governor of Texas, what was supposed to be a man-a-womano showdown between the state’s longest serving governor “Slick” Rick Perry and U.S. Senator Kay “Bailout” Hutchinson, was the presence of Debra Medina, a former GOP county chair, nurse and businesswoman who is a strong Ron Paul backer and running a Paul-like campaign. Indeed, Medina had been rising steadily in the polls to the point where she could make a run-off leaving Hutchinson the odd woman out.

Noticing all this was radio and television talk host Glenn Beck who interviewed her on his radio show. For whatever reason (and it was certainly not brought to Medina’s attention before the interview by Beck’s producers) Beck asked whether she believed the U.S. government was in any way involved with bringing down the towers of the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. Here was Medina’s response:

“I think some very good questions have been raised in that regard,” Medina replied. “There are some very good arguments, and I think the American people have not seen all of the evidence there, so I have not taken a position on that…….You know, that’s a federal issue. We’re very focused on issues in Texas, on Texas state government. I’m certainly not into mind control or thought policing people. We’ve got a very diverse team in this state and that’s because Texans are standing shoulder to shoulder to support and defend the Constitution. I frankly don’t have time, you know, to go through and do psychological testing on people and know every thought or detail that they have.”

So what’s so controversial? Medina basically gave a non-answer to nonsensical question. The being Governor of Texas has absolutely nothing to do with 9-11 or anything connected to it. And as she said, neither she (nor any other candidate for that matter) has the time to screen all potential supporters and donors for their personal beliefs. If a 9-11 Truther happens to support Medina, even though 9-11 has not exactly been a big issue in the campaign nor has it been a means in which Medina has solicited support, then why should it matter? Again what other candidates have their supporters scrutinized by the media for their personal beliefs? Certainly not Kay Bailey Hutchinson or Rick Perry’s that’s for sure.

No matter.

http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2010/02/18/some-conspiracy-theories-are-more-equal-than-others/