PDA

View Full Version : $9 at 9:00 tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hummtide
10-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Tonight at 9:00 YOUR TIME, donate just 9 dollars to the Ron Paul campaign. Lets see how much that statue of liberty money tally goes up in the hours that 9:00 spreads across the country. $9 bucks at 9!

steph3n
10-07-2007, 09:43 AM
why $9? the transaction fees alone for that eat away at what they can use.

BTW giving is just fine, i just don't like the idea of the small donations like this unless that is all you can give, and if it is all you can give by all means go for it!

skilt
10-07-2007, 10:18 AM
but Giving more then $9 would be cool. So how bout we keep the 9 at 9:00 pm, but give multiples of 9 i.e. $45, $81, $900, etc. Good idea though.

Sk

ItsTime
10-07-2007, 10:19 AM
why $9? the transaction fees alone for that eat away at what they can use.

BTW giving is just fine, i just don't like the idea of the small donations like this unless that is all you can give, and if it is all you can give by all means go for it!

I believe the transaction fees are a %?

allyinoh
10-07-2007, 10:22 AM
They are a percentage... It's not much but there are fees involved... I work for a "big" credit card company so I should know this but I think it's like 3%.. Part goes to VIS/Mastercard, part goes to the credit card company... I could be off though, but it is in fact a percentage.

DrNoZone
10-07-2007, 10:32 AM
They are a percentage... It's not much but there are fees involved... I work for a "big" credit card company so I should know this but I think it's like 3%.. Part goes to VIS/Mastercard, part goes to the credit card company... I could be off though, but it is in fact a percentage.

It varies wildly on the deal you strike. When I was running an online business I paid a percentage PLUS a per transaction fee (it was like $.15). So larger contributions are potentially more cost effective.

steph3n
10-07-2007, 10:37 AM
yes typically there is also a transaction fee of .15 to .30 as well

richard1984
10-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Question about transaction fees: Does the fee come out of the amount of money you donate (e.g., $9 - x%), or is it in addition to the donation ($9 + x%--like when you withdrawl money out of another bank's ATM machine and it adds a $2 or so fee)?
I ask because I really don't have any extra money (enough for food and rent, and that's about it), so my donations are small by necessity (just $10 so far :().

DrNoZone
10-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Question about transaction fees: Does the fee come out of the amount of money you donate (e.g., $9 - x%), or is it in addition to the donation ($9 + x%--like when you withdrawl money out of another bank's ATM machine and it adds a $2 or so fee)?
I ask because I really don't have any extra money (enough for food and rent, and that's about it), so my donations are small by necessity (just $10 so far :().

It's in addition to. They bill you every month for your fees. But hey, if all you CAN do is make small donations, don't worry about this at all...just donate! My comments were meant for those who can donate more and want to make lots of small donations. Just group them up in the largest amounts you can if that's the case.

jarofclay
10-07-2007, 12:26 PM
if it is 3%, that is bad. He should be able to get at least 1.99%