PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Chuck Baldwin Discusses Tea Parties & Two-Party System on FOX Business News

Theocrat
02-18-2010, 10:38 PM
YouTube - Chuck Baldwin on FOX biz w/ Cavuto (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siN8zB6Y9HE)

sevin
02-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Awesome.

It's too late to form a viable third party. And it won't work to take over the GOP.

The only solution is for people to stop voting based on their party and start voting based on their positions on various issues. Vote for people who are anti-war, anti-federal reserve, pro-freedom, and pro-constitution, etc., whether they run as a Republican OR a Democrat!

Theocrat
02-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Awesome.

It's too late to form a viable third party. And it won't work to take over the GOP.

The only solution is for people to stop voting based on their party and start voting based on their positions on various issues. Vote for people who are anti-war, anti-federal reserve, pro-freedom, and pro-constitution, etc., whether they run as a Republican OR a Democrat!

Though I understand your sentiment, I have to disagree with your statement that "it's too late to form a viable third party." The reason for grassroots action is to promote candidates and parties on local levels so that their name and/or party receive mass attention. It's hard work, yes, but it's also something worth "putting your hand to the plough." Even if the majority won't stand for truth and principle, is that any reason to give in and not stand for those things?

I do agree that we shouldn't exclusively vote for candidates just because they belong to a particular party. Sometimes a candidate stands out above his party and makes himself worthy of political support (i.e. Congressman Paul). However, I do believe that political parties are good instruments for presenting candidates to the community so that voters know the general foundations of what those candidates will stand for. So, in that regard, political parties can be helpful. I wouldn't have a problem voting for a candidate that stood for those principles you listed above, provided he was of good moral character and proper faith.