PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Act

erowe1
02-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Has Devore ever said anything to indicate he is against the Patriot Act or would do anything to repeal or ameliorate it?

If he has, I haven't been able to find it. Anybody know?

Brian4Liberty
02-18-2010, 08:43 PM
I believe he said that he has voted (in CA) against bills that would violate the 4th and 5th amendments.

You can always ask him a specific question, and he'll probably give you an answer.

Free Moral Agent
02-23-2010, 11:54 PM
At a recent Tea Party I asked DeVore as to his stance on the "Patriot" Act and warrant-less wiretapping. Unfortunately, he defended warrant-less wiretapping stating that the ease for terrorists to purchase multiple disposable cell phones would make for attaining a warrant unpractical. He did not elaborate on the "Patriot" Act as a whole.

On a side note, he did make it a point to mention that he was against Obama's 30K troop surge in Afghanistan. I am also encouraged by what I read on his website regarding Foreign Policy and the Bill of Rights. http://www.chuckdevore.com/issues/

This is all off the record and not verbatim, but this is what I had gathered from my brief conversation with him. I'm aware CFL will have an official interview with him some time later...