PDA

View Full Version : Article on Medina: The Nation

undergroundrr
02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
h ttp://www.thenation.com/doc/20100308/moser

At first read, it's a surprisingly lengthy in-depth exploration of her policies. It comes across fairly accurately to me, although I'm sure most of their readers will be shrieking in terror the whole way.

My favorite part comes toward the end -

"Medina also has an independent streak that alternately perplexes and delights her fans. She supports a moratorium on death sentences in Texas. She talks at length about her disgust with the border wall running through South Texas, which "does nothing but consume private property and waste resources." She speaks passionately about bringing her husband's fellow Hispanics into the Republican fold, saying that Perry's failure to do so "almost makes me cry.""

Epic
02-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Too bad they had to overlook Medina wanting to change drug policy.

If they did, they might have to like her!

John Taylor
02-18-2010, 02:33 PM
h ttp://www.thenation.com/doc/20100308/moser

At first read, it's a surprisingly lengthy in-depth exploration of her policies. It comes across fairly accurately to me, although I'm sure most of their readers will be shrieking in terror the whole way.

My favorite part comes toward the end -

"Medina also has an independent streak that alternately perplexes and delights her fans. She supports a moratorium on death sentences in Texas. She talks at length about her disgust with the border wall running through South Texas, which "does nothing but consume private property and waste resources." She speaks passionately about bringing her husband's fellow Hispanics into the Republican fold, saying that Perry's failure to do so "almost makes me cry.""

Well that's a damned fine article, all in all.

NYgs23
02-18-2010, 08:50 PM
I don't see what's so great about it. It characterizes her as an extreme right-winger pushing the Texas Republican Party off of a right-wing idealogical cliff. The article's too invested in the supposed war between a supposed right and a supposed left to make an honest assessment of anything.

anaconda
02-19-2010, 03:39 AM
I just kicked in $25 bucks for her today. I emailed the campaign and said the Ron Paul Revolution watches closely nation wide, and wished them good luck in the primary. Got a return thank you email from a staffer.