PDA

View Full Version : Beck is going after Medina Again! (2/18)

winston_blade
02-18-2010, 10:29 AM
Seriously on radio right now. We need to have a concerted boycott of Glenn Beck. Like a sticky thread or something. This guy is ridiculous.

rp08orbust
02-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Get the message out to all Democrats you know that Glenn Beck hates Debra Medina.

Johnnybags
02-18-2010, 10:31 AM
on tonights magnet board.. Beck is one vindictive dude.

rp08orbust
02-18-2010, 10:32 AM
Do you have a live link?

I hope he's sounding like an ass.

RJB
02-18-2010, 10:33 AM
I've NEVER heard worse spin, and I was a member here when Beck called us terrorists.

After today, I'm giving up Glenn Beck for the rest of Lent atleast, maybe forever. He's not healthy.

Right now, I think it might not be just that he's a Perry sycophant, but that he's a total attention whore.

wgadget
02-18-2010, 10:33 AM
I might listen to him, but I don't have to support his sponsors, and most importantly I don't have to BELIEVE A WORD HE SAYS.

In talk radio, credibility means more than anything else.

CGeoffrion
02-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Are you kidding me? We should try to get our friends in Liberty at CPAC to protest his speech or at least let him know we're pissed. The emails seem to be having an effect, if he gets shit from us at CPAC we may be able to push his psychosis over the edge.

paulitics
I don't know why we keep emailing this guy. Just turn him off.

LibertyEagle
Write his advertisers. It's what took Phil Donahue down. And ONE doctor did it. Just ONE.

SWATH
What is he slandering her with today? What is he trying to murder liberty with today?

winston_blade
02-18-2010, 10:38 AM
What is he slandering her with today? What is he trying to murder liberty with today?

Still associating her with truthers. Nothing new really, just same old garbage.

winston_blade
02-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Write his advertisers. It's what took Phil Donahue down. And ONE doctor did it. Just ONE.

Yes. This will certainly be happening.

Here is the site: www.stopbeck.com

itshappening
02-18-2010, 10:39 AM
I hate Beck, I really hope someone at CPAC does something to disrupt and protest his suppose love in

itshappening
02-18-2010, 10:40 AM
what I find unbelievable is this man, who has millions of listeners, is picking on Debra Medina who is third in the polls and has a lot less cash than her rivals and is not even afforded the right to reply. He is trying to pick on the weak, like a schoolyard bully. I can't tell you how horrible this man is

Brad Zink
02-18-2010, 10:45 AM
what I find unbelievable is this man, who has millions of listeners, is picking on Debra Medina who is third in the polls and has a lot less cash than her rivals and is not even afforded the right to reply. He is trying to pick on the weak, like a schoolyard bully. I can't tell you how horrible this man is

Medina is a threat to the Neocons. She's probably passed Hutchinson in the internal polls and has been gaining on Beck's beloved Rick Perry.

SWATH
02-18-2010, 10:47 AM
I hate Beck, I really hope someone at CPAC does something to disrupt and protest his suppose love in

They must make it clear that they are protesting from a "conservative" position or else they will just say

"Liberals, progressives, communists, 9/11 truthers, and total government anarchist protest Glen Beck at CPAC indicating that he is really doing something right by way of conservatives by riling up the opposition so much"

winston_blade
02-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Beck offered Medina another chance on his show.

Immortal Technique
02-18-2010, 10:48 AM
So the rush limbaugh fill in Mark Davis put some words in Medinas mouth today and she ran with it
And so did Beck
Beck said he has been getting hammered with emails and now said since Medina threw "911 truth" under the bus today to send your emails to her.
He is definitely feeling the heat
She agreed with Davis that "Truthers" are despicable people heres the audio
YouTube - Audio: Mark Davis interviews Debra Medina - February 18, 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3OTXSK09fs)

Now i dont mind defending Medina when she is being slandered but when she participates in the slandering of the people she said should be able to think how they want, that is where i stop my forceful promotion and defense of her.
I know she means well and is trying to win an election but i did not give Rand the same room when he said Sarah Palin could make a great president.So i wish the best to Medina and hope she does well but my participation is done at this point.
Beck is still a slanderous two face moron who i will continue to expose but medina should have had a better comment for Mr.Davis

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Beck is a human sewage pipe. I hope he looses it at CPAC if enough people disrupt the hell out of his "speech."

rp08orbust
02-18-2010, 10:55 AM
Beck offered Medina another chance on his show.

If he guaranteed that the interview would

1. be in the studio
2. be preceded by an apology by Glenn Beck for putting words in her mouth
3. not cover 9/11 or any other topic irrelevant to Texas,

they I'd say take it.

jmdrake
02-18-2010, 10:57 AM
This is becoming a daily occurrence. I'm all for the boycott. And if I ever see someone here attacking a forum member for attacking Beck I'm going to explode!

jmdrake
02-18-2010, 11:05 AM
If he guaranteed that the interview would

1. be in the studio
2. be preceded by an apology by Glenn Beck for putting words in her mouth
3. not cover 9/11 or any other topic irrelevant to Texas,

they I'd say take it.

I say she should take it with no pre conditions. She has her 9/11 answer down pat now. "I don't subscribe to alternative theories of 9/11 myself. I do support the rights of others to question government even on a topic as sensitive as 9/11." Then her follow up should be "Why are we even talking about this? Do you not care that Rick Perry tried to force little girls to take an experimental STD vaccine? Do you not care that Rick Perry was going along with the attack on national sovereignty through the trans Texas corridor? Do you not care about Kay Bailey Hutchinson voting for the TARP bailout?" Put the little toad on the defensive. Ask him if he thinks the positions of Perry and Hutchinson are "middle of the road" since he (Beck) attacked Medina for being "far right".

sofia
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
so Medina now agrees that "truthers" like me are actually "despeccable"...

I'm done with her.

If she caves that easily now, what makes you think she wont cave in once elected?

Is there anyone with balls regarding this 911 issue - other than Jesse Ventura - still left in this country???

CGeoffrion
02-18-2010, 11:37 AM

I'm done with her.

If she caves that easily now, what makes you think she wont cave in once elected?

Is there anyone with balls regarding this 911 issue - other than Jesse Ventura - still left in this country???

Well I guess you can vote for Rick Perry then, unless you wanna write in Alex Jones (lol)

jmdrake
02-18-2010, 11:40 AM

I'm done with her.

Congressman Jason Chaffetz?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232013

I haven't watched the Medina clip in this thread yet.

johnrocks
02-18-2010, 11:45 AM

I'm done with her.

Regardless of what side an individual is on, the 9-11 truther issue is politically a death kneel, if she says that to save her campaign then more power to her, Jesse Ventura probably couldn't win an election now due to this one issue and there are far more important things we need accomplished than this or legalizing pot imho.

Baptist
02-18-2010, 11:46 AM
This is becoming a daily occurrence. I'm all for the boycott. And if I ever see someone here attacking a forum member for attacking Beck I'm going to explode!

QFTW

Quted for teh win.

sofia
02-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Well I guess you can vote for Rick Perry then, unless you wanna write in Alex Jones (lol)

Why cant she just say something like:

" The unanswered question of 911 suggest a cover up of government negligence and incompetance. Some people have misinterpreted the holes in the official story, but that doesnt make them despeccable....misguided perhaps....but not despeccable." ...Let's talk about Texas now. Shall we?"

What's so hard about that Debra?

sofia
02-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Regardless of what side an individual is on, the 9-11 truther issue is politically a death kneel, if she says that to save her campaign then more power to her, Jesse Ventura probably couldn't win an election now due to this one issue and there are far more important things we need accomplished than this or legalizing pot imho.

911 is the death knell for the Establishment....not us. That's why they freak out so much when you talk about it. The official story is so ludicrous...it is the Establishment's Achilles Heel and we're all too damn chicken shit to exploit their biggest waekness.

jmdrake
02-18-2010, 12:01 PM

Nonsense. The polls showed Jesse Ventura could have taken the Minnesota senate race after coming out as a 9/11 truther. The fact is that there hasn't been a serious candidate to embrace this as an issue. (Possible exception of Jason Chaffetz. I don't know if he made his "pro truther" statements before his last election.) Ron Paul lost largely because republicans didn't like his foreign policy. 9/11 really wasn't a factor. I was listening to a talk show host the other day saying he agreed with the idea that we are "hated for our foreign policy" and that he rejected the idea that terrorism was because "muslims hate Christians", but went on to say that we shouldn't let terrorists dictate our foreign policy and that our national security isn't worth "Throwing good friends like Israel under the bus". (Never mind that Israel isn't the only foreign policy disaster that Ron Paul brings up. That's what everybody harps on).

CGeoffrion
02-18-2010, 12:03 PM
911 is the death knell for the Establishment....not us. That's why they freak out so much when you talk about it. The official story is so ludicrous...it is the Establishment's Achilles Heel and we're all too damn chicken shit to exploit their biggest waekness.

Your not going to win any election never mind a gubernatorial seat if one of your main issues is "9/11 truth". We're not all chicken shit, we're not all truthers.

There is a big difference between examining the motives of the individuals responsible for the attacks to try and to learn something from it and change policy accordingly (what most of our political class is unwilling to do) and claiming the Bush administration either ordered the attacks or had something to do with it.

jmdrake
02-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Your not going to win any election never mind a gubernatorial seat if one of your main issues is "9/11 truth". We're not all chicken shit, we're not all truthers.

There is a big difference between examining the motives of the individuals responsible for the attacks to try and to learn something from it and change policy accordingly (what most of our political class is unwilling to do) and claiming the Bush administration either ordered the attacks or had something to do with it.

And if your main issue is "I don't subscribe to any theory but I do support the right of people to question their government". That's what the American revolution was founded on.

We won't win republican primaries on changing our foreign policy and ending the assault on civil liberties either unless we shift people's mindset about what caused 9/11 and what could have been done to prevent it. (Foreign policy shouldn't be part of a governors race anyway. More evidence that Glenn Beck is pond scum.) Ron Paul's answer was "blowback". It didn't work. So now liberty candidates are trying to win by sounding as close to the neocon position on foreign policy as possible without crossing the line. Short term it seems to be working. I don't know how it will go long term when real votes come up and they have to either vote against the foreign policy most of us want or risk giving their opponents powerful ammunition when it comes to re-election.

paulitics
02-18-2010, 12:34 PM
What is going to destroy Medina is her ocscillation on this. When asked if she thought the government blew up the buildings, she said she "didn't have enough information, and good questions have been raised".

Now she is saying that it is despicable to have these same thoughts.

I don't care where she stands on 911, just make up your mind, and be truthful to who you are.

CGeoffrion
02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
What is going to destroy Medina is her ocscillation on this. When asked if she thought the government blew up the buildings, she said she "didn't have enough information, and good questions have been raised".

Now she is saying that it is despicable to have these same thoughts.

I don't care where she stands on 911, just make up your mind, and be truthful to who you are.

Yeah she def. fucked up the interview. I feel like she's the Liberty movements Martha Coakley.

AParadigmShift
02-18-2010, 12:47 PM

True dat.

If you stake out a position, by gawd stick to it. Debra's initial response, though clumsy, was honest and fairly benign. And beyond the subsequent statement she issued respecting her stance, no more needed to be said.

If she's now gauging the wind to chart a different course, she's committing political seppuku. The electorate hates flip-floppers.

Todd
02-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Now i dont mind defending Medina when she is being slandered but when she participates in the slandering of the people she said should be able to think how they want, that is where i stop my forceful promotion and defense of her.
I know she means well and is trying to win an election but i did not give Rand the same room when he said Sarah Palin could make a great president.So i wish the best to Medina and hope she does well but my participation is done at this point.
Beck is still a slanderous two face moron who i will continue to expose but medina should have had a better comment for Mr.Davis

I admire the principles, but this statement is exactly the reason that it is so difficult to build any consensus for liberty minded political candidates and even moreso why we seldom see a victory.
F.A. Hayek described how the worst get on top. And it's because there are alot more of the ignorant lowest common denominator people that find consensus in their lack of principles than those of us that try to stick to principle.

The game is currently rigged against people with principles so forgive me if that type of talk depresses me a little when I see people jumping ship.

Baptist
02-18-2010, 01:21 PM

I'm done with her.

Pretty sad. No matter how hard she tries to distance herself from the 9/11 Truthers, the media has already painted her as one. So no amount of distancing herself from Truthers will change the opinions of the sheeple. All it is going to do is alienate the Truthers no

catdd
02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Pretty sad. No matter how hard she tries to distance herself from the 9/11 Truthers, the media has already painted her as one. So no amount of distancing herself from Truthers will change the opinions of the sheeple. All it is going to do is alienate the Truthers no

It's absolutely the worst thing she could do right now. She's caving in to a chump like Beck.

Meiun
02-18-2010, 03:52 PM
omg... over-reaction.

She has said what you would have her say, now she's saying what the neocon's/mainstream would have her say. This doesn't change ANYTHING!!!!

Do you really believe that DEBRA MEDINA has somehow compromised within the last week her conviction that every person has a right (and a DUTY according to her) to question their government??

Come on, ppl. Of course not. Leave it alone. GET HER ELECTED!

undergroundrr
02-18-2010, 04:38 PM
She's having to deal with the fact that unrestrained truthers and anti-Zionists are an easy device to use in discrediting a candidate. They play right into the hands of the people they hate every time they flood blog comments with long, rambling posts about their theories.

For obvious reasons, people with revisionist beliefs will always back the best liberty candidate. As long as these people don't self-police, TPTB will be able to pull the trigger on any dangerous liberty candidate just by the quick association that happens when the subject of truth or Zionism is raised.

Go find any Medina story about 9/11 or Ron Paul story about the Jewish lobby that allows comments. Check out the avalanche of long posts filled with citations and Youtube links. When encountering these, everybody except the true believer registers "wing-nut" and skips to the next comment. The liberty candidate is sunk with guilt by association.

If you want the truth exposed, you have to get the candidate in office first. Deal with it.

johnrocks
02-18-2010, 04:43 PM
Nonsense. The polls showed Jesse Ventura could have taken the Minnesota senate race after coming out as a 9/11 truther. The fact is that there hasn't been a serious candidate to embrace this as an issue. (Possible exception of Jason Chaffetz. I don't know if he made his "pro truther" statements before his last election.) Ron Paul lost largely because republicans didn't like his foreign policy. 9/11 really wasn't a factor. I was listening to a talk show host the other day saying he agreed with the idea that we are "hated for our foreign policy" and that he rejected the idea that terrorism was because "muslims hate Christians", but went on to say that we shouldn't let terrorists dictate our foreign policy and that our national security isn't worth "Throwing good friends like Israel under the bus". (Never mind that Israel isn't the only foreign policy disaster that Ron Paul brings up. That's what everybody harps on).

When one actually wins, I too will call my statement "nonsense", I'm not knocking them, just stating what I see as political reality.

Catatonic
02-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Anyone got a link?

UtahApocalypse
02-18-2010, 05:56 PM
funny how everyone is all pissed at Beck yet still miraculously were able to hear his show to know when he was saying stuff about Medina again.

American Idol
02-18-2010, 06:00 PM
funny how everyone is all pissed at Beck yet still miraculously were able to hear his show to know when he was saying stuff about Medina again.

Uhhh, that's because it was posted here.

payme_rick
02-18-2010, 07:05 PM

ha, are you serious?

When I get off of work every day I go through the same routine:

1. Stop at the store and get my evening brew

2. Get back in my truck, get on the highway, crack my window, light a sig and turn on Sirius so I can listen to a liberal/progressive talk-show host talk about how liberal/progressive things should be in America...

Why do I listen to my political enemies? Easy, the same reason the Saints watched film of the Colts: To know what it takes to beat them...

silus
02-18-2010, 07:24 PM
She was thinking in terms of the commission report...ugh. :rolleyes:

God this woman can't fight her way out of a paper bag.

devil21
02-18-2010, 07:30 PM

I'm done with her.

I find it ironic that people like you get bent out of shape because the "sheep" care about the subject of 9/11 enough to decide who to vote for over it, yet you get bent of shape when someone questions your belief of the events of 9/11 or calls you out for your belief. That's called hypocrisy.

Who cares what Medina thinks about 9/11 or Truthers? She's not running for Governor of 9/11 so you're behaving no differently than the people who won't vote for because she "may" be a 9/11 Truther.

Brian4Liberty
02-18-2010, 10:26 PM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet. Beck goes after Medina again on his TV show. Uses Joe Stack against her, leaving her up with the right wing "crazies".

Goes after Medina around 8:00 in...

YouTube - Glenn Beck- February 18, 2010 (Part 1/4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFs9WdiA5rg)

jake
02-18-2010, 10:37 PM
dear god Beck is a blathering idiot with that chalkboard.. I can't make heads or tails of what he's trying to say

"Birthers!"
"McVeigh!"
"Bombers!"
"Commies!"
"Obama!"
"Medina!"
"Left Wing Right Wing Blew Buildings Up!"

jesus h christ.

Brian4Liberty
02-18-2010, 10:43 PM
dear god Beck is a blathering idiot with that chalkboard.. I can't make heads or tails of what he's trying to say

"Birthers!"
"McVeigh!"
"Bombers!"
"Commies!"
"Obama!"
"Medina!"
"Left Wing Right Wing Blew Buildings Up!"

jesus h christ.

At this point he is intentionally confusing it. He just wants you to pay attention when he says "this person bad". No need to understand the complex theories behind it. :rolleyes:

Badger Paul
02-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Gee, when did Beck become a centrist? Maybe he should put that uniform on again to protect the state.

American Idol
02-19-2010, 12:01 AM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet. Beck goes after Medina again on his TV show. Uses Joe Stack against her, leaving her up with the right wing "crazies".

YouTube - Glenn Beck- February 18, 2010 (Part 1/4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFs9WdiA5rg)

What the? Beck looks like a confused four year old playing with his little pictures on the chalkboard. He is making no sense and is trying to confuse and mislead people.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2010, 12:04 AM
FAUX News was also running a "news" item in heavy rotation last night.

Nothing of substance just the Medina quote and and sheeeessss baaaaaaad.

Anybody got a tube of that?

Athan
02-19-2010, 12:13 AM
What the? Beck looks like a confused four year old playing with his little pictures on the chalkboard. He is making no sense and is trying to confuse and mislead people.

Its because... *gets pictures up on chalkboard*
Its because he is batshit crazy about Debra.
She is awesome. *points at becks' picture* He is retarded.
She is a real American Patriot. He is a traitor who stabbed liberty in the back.
She is ACTUALLY trying to fight the system. He is in a circle jerk with Perry and Pat.

WHO OF THE THREE STOOGES WILL CUM FIRST?

Roxi
02-19-2010, 12:14 AM
god it would be so awesome if somehow we could convince everyone at CPAC to get up and walkout when he gets up to speak..... one can dream huh?

Brian4Liberty
02-19-2010, 12:17 AM
FAUX News was also running a "news" item in heavy rotation last night.

Nothing of substance just the Medina quote and and sheeeessss baaaaaaad.

Anybody got a tube of that?

I asked someone if they had heard about the governor's race in Texas and Medina. They said "ohhhh, she's bad!" I asked what was bad about her. They said they didn't remember exactly, but "caught something on the news"...

devil21
02-19-2010, 01:06 AM
At this point he is intentionally confusing it. He just wants you to pay attention when he says "this person bad". No need to understand the complex theories behind it. :rolleyes:
I asked someone if they had heard about the governor's race in Texas and Medina. They said "ohhhh, she's bad!" I asked what was bad about her. They said they didn't remember exactly, but "caught something on the news"...

That's what I'm thinking. He's so far all over the place that he's purposely trying to confuse the viewers/listeners. Few people catch every little moment of his broadcasts (thank god for that!) so he just throws out everything in hopes that something sticks with each possible viewer/listener at the time. It's 100% intentional and part of an overt propaganda campaign against Medina. TPTB are terrified if they are stooping to this level.

And to think that guy wasted his plane on some lowly IRS paper pushers when he could have really helped the rest of us out with better targets...

Baptist
02-19-2010, 05:14 AM

It is clear what Beck is doing here. He is basically saying that no American ever has a right to use force against the government for any reason. If you do, then you "are a crazy madman." The average Beck viewer will think that this guy was just some madman who was too stupid to run his own business so it went under, and he decided to take out his frustrations on the IRS, which seemed like a good random target to vent his frustrations on. But it is clear from the guy's letter that the IRS screwed him repeatedly over the course of three decades. If any of Beck's viewers actually took the time to find and read the letter, they could relate to the oppression that Joe suffered, or at the least, will know a friend or relative who has had their lives ruined by the IRS.

The main point, though, is that Beck is painting anyone who fights back against the government as a crazy, extremist, madman. He is saying that "we never" side with these kinds of people (people who use force against the government). Now most everyone here will probably agree that Joe should not have committed suicide. Many here would say that he should not have even used force. However, someday the government will do some things that will cause most users on these forums to want to use force to defend themselves against the government. And when you guys are getting hauled off to some camp or getting shot dead by a dozen SWAT team members, just take comfort knowing that your friend Glenn Beck will be on TV informing all of your friends and neighbors that you are a crazy, extremist, madman who is an enemy of the Republic. Sadly, none of the viewers will research who you were and why you decided to stand up against the state. Instead, after Glenn Beck ends they will watch American Idol, then go to bed knowing that the government is out there keeping them safe.

Myself, my goal is to never use force and I will never join any resistance or revolution or "take up arms against the government." Also, suicide is not cool. That said, I find it hard to condemn this man and I have no sympathy for the government or government workers that the guy was targeting. Is this wrong of me? I'm not sure, but it is the way I feel. It's just like Pastor A. I may not agree with his tactics or methods or the way he acted, but I cannot bring myself to talk down somebody who finally stood up for the 4th and 5th Amendment. Most people who read Joe's letter will agree with his frustrations about the IRS. But whereas Joe acted, even if wrongly, most others will say he did it wrong even though they are too coward to fight in the "correct" way, whatever way that is.

Brian4Liberty
02-19-2010, 01:30 PM
That's what I'm thinking. He's so far all over the place that he's purposely trying to confuse the viewers/listeners. Few people catch every little moment of his broadcasts (thank god for that!) so he just throws out everything in hopes that something sticks with each possible viewer/listener at the time. It's 100% intentional and part of an overt propaganda campaign against Medina.

Most likely it is a personal vendetta with Beck and his cohorts. They really want to take down Medina.

pacelli
02-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Haven't heard much from Tones lately... ever since this Beck thing started up, the Beck worshippers went MIA.

theclip
02-19-2010, 02:17 PM
If you really want to hurt him-- ignore him.

low preference guy
02-19-2010, 03:33 PM