PDA

View Full Version : Great Ron Paul discussion on This Week

stevedasbach
10-07-2007, 08:41 AM
The This Week roundtable just spent several minutes discussing Ron Paul. Very positive discussion. George Will kicked it off with "what about my man Ron Paul"?

JosephTheLibertarian
10-07-2007, 08:44 AM
hmm? who hosts this show? youtube, please

stevedasbach
10-07-2007, 08:45 AM
hmm? who hosts this show? youtube, please

George Stephanopolis hosts the show, which appears on ABC.

BTW, even George spoke positively about Paul.

mkrfctr
10-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Oh don't be a tease, where's the youtube link? Come on, I demand instant satisfaction here!

constituent
10-07-2007, 08:48 AM
George Stephanopolis hosts the show, which appears on ABC.

BTW, even George spoke positively about Paul.

no sir, I swear I didn't mean anything by it... I'm not even a betting man, sir. do you need a press secretary, sir? sir, i'd be happy to help sir, any way i can, sir.

ItsTime
10-07-2007, 08:50 AM
no sir, I swear I didn't mean anything by it... I'm not even a betting man, sir. do you need a press secretary, sir? sire, i'd be happy to help sir, any way i can, sir.

Ya I think he may trip with all the back peddling lol

MsDoodahs
10-07-2007, 08:50 AM
For me in the Houston market, the show airs at 10am central on the abc affiliate.

For me, on Directv, that is channel 13.

Thanks Steve for letting me know - I usually don't watch that show.

:)

speciallyblend
10-07-2007, 08:55 AM
I want a youtube video,im at work sniffle:(

JosephTheLibertarian
10-07-2007, 08:56 AM
Ya I think he may trip with all the back peddling lol

I think he just finds the surge of Ron Paul...different, and interesting

stevedasbach
10-07-2007, 09:22 AM
For me in the Houston market, the show airs at 10am central on the abc affiliate.

For me, on Directv, that is channel 13.

Thanks Steve for letting me know - I usually don't watch that show.

The roundtable starts roughly 1/2 hour into the show.

RP4ME
10-07-2007, 09:25 AM
does anyone hve the link?

MsDoodahs
10-07-2007, 09:31 AM
I can't believe I sat through the first part of this show. Ack.

The roundtable is about to be on.

Opened with that vid of poor FT having to ask for applause.

winston_blade
10-07-2007, 09:32 AM
George Will seems to like RP.

RP4ME
10-07-2007, 09:34 AM
vieo please?

MsDoodahs
10-07-2007, 09:34 AM
The Time guy is big on Huckabee...

MsDoodahs
10-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Very nice discussion.

How respected is George Will?

lynnf
10-07-2007, 09:41 AM
there was also mention of RP in Washington Week in Review (PBS), transcript should
be available Monday, podcast is available, I believe, now.

http://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/

First mention was in the first segment, about fundraising, then other mention by Gloria Borger, about 15 minutes? into the program when she mentioned that he was attracting disgruntled Republicans (paraphrased by me).

lynn

risiusj
10-07-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm waiting for the Rick Roll...

mkrfctr
10-07-2007, 09:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew

JosephTheLibertarian
10-07-2007, 09:51 AM
ha not clicking

mkrfctr
10-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Not a rick roll, promise.

max
10-07-2007, 09:53 AM
George Will seems to like RP.

That baffles me.

George Will is a CFR pro-war neo-con. He absolutely SAVAGED Pat Buchanan when pat ran for president.

It makes me wonder if some of these media whores deep down know what's right.

They sold their souls but perhaps still have some remnant of the idealism they had before money and fame corrupted them.

We'll see if George Will is still sympathetic when the media smear kicks into full gear.

It would great if some of the elites on the inside - emboldened by folks like us - turned against their masters.

Thats what happened in the final scene of Gladiator when Quintas (the head of the Emperor's Praetorian guards)..defied the emperor's final orders and allowed Maximus to kille the Emperor.

Remember that scene?

FluffyUnbound
10-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Will is not a non-interventionist, but he's against the CURRENT war and that goes a long way.

And he hates, hates, hates the Bushite establishment because Bush signed McCain-Feingold. [You think the single issue voter abortion people get obsessive? They've got nothing on Will, who I seriously think would track down everyone connected with McCain-Feingold becoming law and beat them with a hammer if he could.]

I don't think Will actually supports Paul, as much as he hates Bush so much it amuses him to see the anti-Bush running an insurgent campaign.

quickmike
10-07-2007, 10:06 AM
I think that alot of the "neo con" leaning media really just supports all the hannity type spew because its the status quo at the moment, but that is changing every day. Were just now starting to see the rats jump ship and more will follow as soon as it becomes "the norm" to do so. Then, towards the end, you'll have Hannity standing there all by himself wondering where all his minions have gone. It will be too late for him though because hes invested too much Ron Paul hate speech into his comments to back down from it without looking like a total douche. Others will be able to get away with it because they have never really been so hard core against Ron as Hannity has been.

RP4ME
10-07-2007, 10:09 AM

Betta take cova!! I love that Song - thanks!

he just smiled and gve me vegamite sandwich!

inibo
10-07-2007, 10:10 AM

That's one of my favorites ever. Vegemite Rulz (http://www.vegemite.com.au/vegemite/page?PagecRef=1)!

specsaregood
10-07-2007, 10:13 AM
Will is not a non-interventionist, but he's against the CURRENT war and that goes a long way.

And he hates, hates, hates the Bushite establishment because Bush signed McCain-Feingold. [You think the single issue voter abortion people get obsessive? They've got nothing on Will, who I seriously think would track down everyone connected with McCain-Feingold becoming law and beat them with a hammer if he could.]

I don't think Will actually supports Paul, as much as he hates Bush so much it amuses him to see the anti-Bush running an insurgent campaign.

George Will was one of the first people to write a positive article about Dr. Paul and his candidacy.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17200494/site/newsweek/page/2/print/1/displaymode/1098/

quickmike
10-07-2007, 10:17 AM
That's one of my favorites ever. Vegemite Rulz (http://www.vegemite.com.au/vegemite/page?PagecRef=1)!

Are you kidding? Vegemite has got to be the NASTIEST thing I have ever eaten.

Imagine taking a dead raccoon, putting it in a metal garbage can and sticking it in the hot desert sun for 2 days with the lid on. Now, take off the lid and stick your head all the way down inside the garbage can and inhale as deep as you can.

The smell of this should give you an idea of what Vegemite tastes like.

Tina
10-07-2007, 10:54 AM
I think that alot of the "neo con" leaning media really just supports all the hannity type spew because its the status quo at the moment, but that is changing every day. Were just now starting to see the rats jump ship and more will follow as soon as it becomes "the norm" to do so. Then, towards the end, you'll have Hannity standing there all by himself wondering where all his minions have gone. It will be too late for him though because hes invested too much Ron Paul hate speech into his comments to back down from it without looking like a total douche. Others will be able to get away with it because they have never really been so hard core against Ron as Hannity has been.

You just gave me my first smile of the day... I can't wait to see it.:)