PDA

View Full Version : Stewart Rhodes to respond to SPLC’s Potok on O’Reilly today

VegasPatriot
02-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Mark Potok (aka Foster Brooks – lol) takes another shot at Oath Keepers during an interview with Bill O’Reilly yesterday. Notice at the end how O’Reilly says “I’m going to invite someone from OK…” well, Stewart was already booked for the show before the Potok interview.

YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Interviews Mark Potok About Far-Right Tea Party Threats (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNf3ZtiKAD8)

paulitics
02-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Potuok didn't give a good interview, even with O'reiily softballs lobbed up at him. He came across as a guy who is hiding something.

I hope Oath Keepers does a better job, but I am probably going to get nailed for thinking this. There is something about Stewart Rhodes, with all of his media appearances, I do not trust.

Something seems off to me. Of course I may be wrong, but anyone else get the same feeling?

VegasPatriot
02-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Potuok didn't give a good interview, even with O'reiily softballs lobbed up at him. He came across as a guy who is hiding something.

I hope Oath Keepers does a better job, but I am probably going to get nailed for thinking this. There is something about Stewart Rhodes, with all of his media appearances, I do not trust.

Something seems off to me. Of course I may be wrong, but anyone else get the same feeling?
Wow, that's the first time I have heard anything like that. Stewart is a great guy... someone I would trust with my life. He is one of the hardest working patriotic Americans I have ever met.

paulitics
02-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Wow, that's the first time I have heard anything like that. Stewart is a great guy... someone I would trust with my life. He is one of the hardest working patriotic Americans I have ever met.

It's not a strong gut feeling or anything, and I would say I'm 90% sure he is legit . It probably just has more to do with the way his appearances comes across in a certain light, which is no fault to Stewart himself of course. He is certainly a vey intelligent, well spoken guy, but something seemed off a couple of times. If I am way out in the wilderness on this one, then that is a good thing.

VegasPatriot
02-18-2010, 10:26 AM
It's not a strong gut feeling or anything, and I would say I'm 90% sure he is legit . It probably just has more to do with the way his appearances comes across in a certain light, which is no fault to Stewart himself of course. He is certainly a vey intelligent, well spoken guy, but something seemed off a couple of times. If I am way out in the wilderness on this one, then that is a good thing.
I think I know what it might be... most don't notice but Stewart lost his left eye and has a glass eye.

Thrashertm
02-18-2010, 10:43 AM
I think I know what it might be... most don't notice but Stewart lost his left eye and has a glass eye.

They call him "Lefty". Sorry - couldn't resist.

Honestly, I think he's a great man and a patriot.

VegasPatriot
02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
bump

VegasPatriot
02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Stewart just finished his interview with O'Reilly. He said it went well... but was a short segment, about 3 minutes. I'll post a link when available.

ThatGirlTasha
02-18-2010, 07:31 PM

Yes, you are way off -

I think Vegaspatriot is right when he says Stew's prosthetic eye is a factor. It does cause him to blink a lot. I've told Stew many times that when he's speaking to a group to let them know about it so they don't feel slighted if they approach his blind side. But he really just doesn't like to talk about it. It was awful accident and a very sad day.:(

Tasha Rhodes (Stewart's wife)

VegasPatriot
02-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Yes, you are way off -

I think Vegaspatriot is right when he says Stew's prosthetic eye is a factor. It does cause him to blink a lot. I've told Stew many times that when he's speaking to a group to let them know about it so they don't feel slighted if they approach his blind side. But he really just doesn't like to talk about it. It was awful accident and a very sad day.:(

Tasha Rhodes (Stewart's wife)
Hey Tasha, Stewart did great on O'Reilly. I will post a link asap. On a side note, Oath Keepers website is down right now... we are working on getting it back up. Yesterday there was a brute force attack on the site, which was probably a test for today. I'll let you know soon.

ThatGirlTasha
02-18-2010, 07:54 PM
That was a pretty good interview. I can relax now - I'm always a wreck when he does interviews.

On a side note, Oath Keepers website is down right now

Wow -Vegaspatriot gang, back up -before I could finish typing and "yous guys" don't even drink coffee.

Give my best to the crew I've been a hermit for a couple of weeks

VegasPatriot
02-18-2010, 09:09 PM
YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Interviews Oath Keepers Founder Stewart Rhodes - 02/18/10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Po8LLjIlDw)

BKom
02-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Stewart did a great job, Tasha. In fact, he always does. Hard to believe how dismissive O'Reilly was of the entire Katrina thing. When it comes right down to it, both O'Reilly and Matthews (and all the rest) have only one ideology - Statism. If it's good for order and the state, then it's okay with them.

I've always suspected the "law and order" crowd was more about order than law. That's why I can't stand the "hang 'em high" Republicans when they run around beating their chests trying to be more fascist than each other. They are the exact reason for Oath Keepers to exist. And they prove it during every interview and at every political meeting when they slobber all over the trappings of the police state.