PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Diary/Post on DailyKos

revolutionary8
02-18-2010, 12:18 AM
I was over spying at Kos to see the Medina vs. Beck MSM manufactured debacle outcome and I found some curious responses and (non-response) to this issue. I was curious to see if the lil' ci(c)adas would try to "pick a side" :D

Here is part of the diary:

Glenn Beck is a Progressive
by angelajean

Fri Feb 12, 2010 at 05:43:06 AM PST

This requires a little backgrond.

Sarah Palin came to visit and speak for Governor Rick Perry's upcoming campaign while most Tea Partiers in Texas support Tea Party candidate, Debra Medina.

Polls in Texas show Medina gaining ground on both Governor Perry and Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison.

But then Glenn Beck interviews Medina and all hell breaks loose. Tea Partiers in Texas have decided that Glenn Beck can go to hell. Or not.

And then, to top it off, someone decides that Glen Beck must be a progressive.

Only in the great state of Texas.

Texan Tea Partiers are having a hard time making up their minds about what do about the Gubernatorial Republican Primary. Some of you will have read that Sarah Palin came to Houston to speak for Governor Rick Perry. Shame on Sarah for not realizing that the Tea Party has put forth their own candidate, Debra Medina.

A recent poll showed Medina pulling more points away from both Governor Perry and Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison. Katherine Haenschen over at Burnt Orange Report:

Here was an interesting response that got me to thinking:

Not only is Glenn Beck too liberal for these nutjobs, but so is Ron Paul. The Tea Party is running three--yes, three--candidates against Paul in the primaries. At some point, you would think that their brain would kick in and tell them, "Wait a minute, so now Ron Paul is a liberal? Something does not compute."

But no. Apparently they are so removed from reality that no amount of lunacy is too much. We truly have reached the "scary zone" here, people.

--Free thinkers shouldn't go around thinking just anything. (Terry Pratchett)
:D
Classic.

I always posititioned myself as futher right (ie more conservative) than Glenn Beck and Perry, Hutch, etc, etc, but now I see that I am not further "right" at all, and especially not in the (MSM) left's eyes.
I hate all wars, especially the war on drugs, I think marriage and abortion should be decided at a more local level, etc etc... I am a social liberal and a fiscal conservative.

There is a conundrum. "We" are claiming to be "true" conservatives and the "real" right, but in actuality, at least from the majority perspective, we are further left, ie more "progressive" - that is to the grassroots of the Democratic Party.

I don't think we should disregard/abandon/insult/underestimate the grass roots Dems, and consider the fact that their party too has been hijacked, and many of them realize it.

I hope that Medina does well in Austin and Dallas and if she does, I would think it would have something to do w/ this type of sentiment.

I hope that other Republicans running in Democrat dists. can learn from this...
here is another post:

If I were a Texan....

I'd vote for Medina. I may not agree with everything she says, but it is refreshing to see someone tear apart the establishment. It is the same reason why I support Kucinich.

This fumble on the call with Beck could be a serious stumble, or it could be a publicity coup. What this site misses all the time is that the tea party crowd is not organized. For example, some county tea party groups strongly support the Republicrat wars/surges and others are fiercely opposed to them. When they depart from opposition to big government, there is inconsistency so the fact that one organization pulls support from her doesn't mean they all will.

h ttp://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/2/12/836302/-Glenn-Beck-is-a-Progressive

I am not saying that Medina should try and reach out to the 4 democrats in TX (lol), I just think it might be the Is and Ds in those counties. that might help win her the race..
I haven't looked at her schedule, but if she is anywhere near Dallas or Austin (espUT) she might want to consider hammering the HR 1866 and tie in to farming and the Texas economy.
I am sure there are other issues that can be discussed but I think they could make or break this..

shane2
02-18-2010, 12:34 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232007

Secret weapon for Medina... Democrats!

Talking to poll workers yesterday, more Democrats are asking for Republican
ballots, as you can vote as either here in Texas primaries. I'm now hearing the
same from others around the state, too.

What's going on here is Democrats know their likely Democratic candidate
is gonna lose to whoever the Republicans put up and they really hate Gov
Perry. Anybody is better than 4 more years of www.slickrickperry.com.

Most of those democrats, IMO, will thus vote for Medina over KBH, as
Medina has been rising in polls and KBH dropping, also KBH is vocally
supported by the Bush's down here. Bottom Line; Perry or KBH mean
more of the same entrenched establishment Republican rule in Texas.

Some Democrats will also figure that a Medina running against their
Democrat candidate might give them some little better hope of a win.

That Beck slammed Medina, and they really hate Beck a lot, too, also
encourages them to get behind and support Medina, too. Also, Beck is
still ranting on Medina even more today, too.

We all may need to thank Beck for getting the Demo's behind her to
put her over the top in the Republican primary!! That'd be a hoot!!

- Shane

revolutionary8
02-18-2010, 12:56 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=232007

Secret weapon for Medina... Democrats!

Talking to poll workers yesterday, more Democrats are asking for Republican
ballots, as you can vote as either here in Texas primaries. I'm now hearing the
same from others around the state, too.

What's going on here is Democrats know their likely Democratic candidate
is gonna lose to whoever the Republicans put up and they really hate Gov
Perry. Anybody is better than 4 more years of www.slickrickperry.com.

Most of those democrats, IMO, will thus vote for Medina over KBH, as
Medina has been rising in polls and KBH dropping, also KBH is vocally
supported by the Bush's down here. Bottom Line; Perry or KBH mean
more of the same entrenched establishment Republican rule in Texas.

Some Democrats will also figure that a Medina running against their
Democrat candidate might give them some little better hope of a win.

That Beck slammed Medina, and they really hate Beck a lot, too, also
encourages them to get behind and support Medina, too. Also, Beck is
still ranting on Medina even more today, too.

We all may need to thank Beck for getting the Demo's behind her to
put her over the top in the Republican primary!! That'd be a hoot!!

- Shane

Yeah Shane, word is on the streets! The hippies know a Dem won't ever win, so the smart ones and the activists are looking in to who they are up against, and they like what they hear w/ Medina. Also, lots of hippies in austin already like Ron paul b/c of his stance on HR 1866 and organic food/raw milk and the wars. Also, lots of hippies in those counties like guns and hate registration. This Glen Beck thing will backfire, and then all we will need to worry about is vote fraud.
I hope people are watching.