PDA

View Full Version : Bill O'Reilly tries to paint Palin into a corner over the Birther issue

Xchange
02-17-2010, 11:51 PM
What has the world come 2...
Give me a break..I'm no Palin fan

And this is probably Blasphemy

But these fuckers are turning themselves out left and right
YouTube - Governor Palin on O'Reilly Discussing the Tea Party Movement (Foxnews Feb 16 2010) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQz6Bcv28eI&feature=player_embedded)

More for us

Knightskye
02-17-2010, 11:55 PM
http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/msteele-v2.gif

jkr
02-17-2010, 11:57 PM
ohhh nooooz, dont twiss mah arm!

Xchange
02-17-2010, 11:57 PM
no com pre hand day

kahless
02-18-2010, 12:22 AM
The Tea Parties are a threat to keeping Bill O"Riellys big government moderate Republicans and Democrats in power. He does not want to see them gain any traction so we can expect him to paint Conservatives and Tea partiers as kooky hate mongers.

You have to give Sarah Palin credit in this interview she held her own quite well against his smearing bullshit.

TheTyke
02-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Wow, I've never been able to make it through a Palin interview before... but this one was actually pretty good! She didn't flounder very much and her rhetoric was on point.

cpike
02-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Palin was pretty solid there. Granted she is the lesser of two evils here, but she did ok, didn't get into any of the real messy stuff, but nice to see her stand up for birthers, even if they're nuts.

silus
02-18-2010, 01:31 AM
I'm tired of her and her vague message of small government. Honestly, i've never heard ANY conservative actually define what they mean by smaller government other than Ron Paul. Why don't they just be honest. They are for government growing at a slower rate. I could care less about defending this woman.

Pants
02-18-2010, 01:32 AM
I agree Palin was really solid there. Another point George Washington was an extremist in some eyes. Thomas Jefferson was an Extremist depending on which side you are on.. Many people thought Abe Lincoln was a tyrant.

I know some people are bitter about how the Tea Party was stolen from Ron Paul.. It may have morphed into some areas it was never intended to be. But be glad there is a movement with the same basic fundamentals

I am not a huge Palin fan. I never thought she was fit to be President. Still don't think she is going to save this country and the world. But be glad we have Palin out there connecting with the people.. Educating about the basic fundamentals of a limited government, balanced budgets, lower taxes, and fiscal responsibility. I think she is connecting with female voters that never understood what conservatism meant.. This might help people like Ron Paul in the long run for those interested in taking things a step further like abolish the IRS, Sound Money, End the Fed.

cpike
02-18-2010, 01:43 AM
I agree Palin was really solid there. Another point George Washington was an extremist in some eyes. Thomas Jefferson was an Extremist depending on which side you are on.. Many people thought Abe Lincoln was a tyrant.

I know some people are bitter about how the Tea Party was stolen from Ron Paul.. It may have morphed into some areas it was never intended to be. But be glad there is a movement with the same basic fundamentals

I am not a huge Palin fan. I never thought she was fit to be President. Still don't think she is going to save this country and the world. But be glad we have Palin out there connecting with the people.. Educating about the basic fundamentals of a limited government, balanced budgets, lower taxes, and fiscal responsibility. I think she is connecting with female voters that never understood what conservatism meant.. This might help people like Ron Paul in the long run for those interested in taking things a step further like abolish the IRS, Sound Money, End the Fed.

Maybe on the female side it's nice, but she still leaves a lot to be desired. Seems like she just memorizes talking points though. And war/Israel, she's way off. As far as silus said about government grown at a slower rate, I think there is a lot of truth to that. I was talking to Phil Krinkie who is the President of the Taxpayers League of Minnesota a month or so ago, and I expressed my concern that Gov. Tim Pawlenty isn't doing enough for Minnesota(the league has endorsed him in the past for those that don't know he's a McCain Type republican. Y'all probably know that though.) Pawlenty has done a good job of fighting against general tax increases (exception would be Cigarette fee, and did approve for Hennipen country to levy a sales tax for new Twins stadium, but that's best left for the county anyways, I place blame on the county there), and has forced the dfl legislature to cut spending, but he has done nothing to actually cut taxes and eliminate full departments. Krinkie said, that what they're really working on doing is keeping downward pressure on spending increases. It's better than nothing, but I would like to see more ambitious goals. (sorry for spelling and capitalization errors, been drinking a bit tonight, and can't take the pride I normally do in correcting such mistakes.)

hugolp
02-18-2010, 02:54 AM
Fox has seen with Glenn Beck experience that Palin and Glenn still dont have the people on their pockets and that they still rebel and disagree with them, so they are making a false battle between known neo-cons and known neo-cons posing as libertarians, so the neo-cons posing as libertarians regain their libertarian credibility.

Its tv. Its all a show.

BlackTerrel
02-18-2010, 03:14 AM
I think his point about Tancredo was right on.

kahless
02-18-2010, 11:18 AM
they are making a false battle between known neo-cons and known neo-cons posing as libertarians, so the neo-cons posing as libertarians regain their libertarian credibility.

Exactly what I was thinking watching Beck these last few days. It is sad that the casual viewer and people that are not familiar with Medina are not going to get that.

RyanRSheets
02-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Many people knew Abe Lincoln was a tyrant.

Fixed.