PDA

View Full Version : Conservative Kentuckyan Blogger interviews Rand Paul

low preference guy
02-17-2010, 07:06 PM
From the Mica Sims blog (http://micadaily.blogspot.com/):

YouTube - Mica Sims Interviews Dr. Rand Paul Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sraDsvEb8jQ&feature=player_embedded)

YouTube - Mica Sims interviews Dr. Rand Paul Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqwUkGVK8Fk&feature=player_embedded)

YouTube - Mica Sims Interviews Rand Paul Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4241asvAsg&feature=player_embedded)

Bergie Bergeron
02-17-2010, 07:10 PM
She was the cutie interviewed by Fox News :)

brandon
02-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Since Rand is so strongly in favor of the federal government making abortion illegal in all 50 states, I wonder if he would support some sort of world government that would eliminate abortion on every square inch of the earth?

0zzy
02-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Since Rand is so strongly in favor of the federal government making abortion illegal in all 50 states, I wonder if he would support some sort of world government that would eliminate abortion on every square inch of the earth?

personally, I think abortion should be decided by the State! No, the county! NO! The city!

NO! The individual. yes. the individual should choose.
im pro-life.

ERM WAIT WHAT?

0zzy
02-17-2010, 07:50 PM
I liked this interview, an interesting new fact learned:

Rand Paul talked to AIPAC! :O :O :O
I guarantee you that people on this forum are about to go apesh** after hearing that. I don't mind, he's being a good communicator to friends and enemies alike, and I think he can be more effective in the Senate that way, but people HATE HATE AIPAC on this board and anyone who touches them with their pinky finger.

BamaFanNKy
02-17-2010, 08:55 PM

We are all for less murder. That's why we are against the war. I guess you think part of Liberty is to destroy the life of a child before it starts?

brandon
02-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Does Rand think that our federal government should declare abortion illegal in Europe, and send our federal agents to enforce it?

If not, then does he respect the sovereignty of Europe more than the sovereignty of our states? That would be a very anti-american position to take :rolleyes:

BamaFanNKy
02-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Does Rand think that our federal government should declare abortion illegal in Europe, and send our federal agents to enforce it?

If not, then does he respect the sovereignty of Europe more than the sovereignty our states? That would be a very anti-american position to take :rolleyes:

There is a difference in being upset and being a troll to take down a candidate. I think you made your point. You're mad at Rand for standing with his dad on Abortion and Drugs.

brandon
02-17-2010, 09:45 PM
There is a difference in being upset and being a troll to take down a candidate. I think you made your point. Your mad at Rand for standing with his dad on Abortion and Drugs.

First of all, I'm sure Rand's positions in question will help him much more than hurt him in Kentucky, so me pointing them out certainly will not "take him down."

Secondly, Rand's positions on Abortion and Drugs are completely different than his fathers, as we have been debating all night. You must be as dense as a rock if you are being sincere. Bman just linked you this (http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/ron_paul_drugs.htm) in the other thread. Do you know how to read?

I'm done arguing with you though. You're not very good at debating, and I'm wasting my time.

BamaFanNKy
02-17-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm done arguing with you though. You're not very good at debating, and I'm wasting my time.

You mean I used Ron's words and they matched Rand's. Sorry, I didn't realize we had our version of Johnson supporters in the Forest. Distorting a candidates views and not understanding the complexity of the issues. You say, debate. If anyone points out where you are wrong your answer is "Nuh-uh!"

Chieftain1776
02-17-2010, 09:55 PM
I think he made an awesome point in Part 2 about Parental Notification not meaning you support Abortion. Treyonson should be called pro-abortion for supporting Parental Notification or if they don't then ads should be run against them saying they're against Parental Notification.

DeadheadForPaul
02-17-2010, 10:23 PM

If not, then does he respect the sovereignty of Europe more than the sovereignty our states? That would be a very anti-american position to take :rolleyes:

We get it - you don't support Rand
Cut out the negativity please

0zzy
02-17-2010, 10:24 PM
no talk about how he talked to AIPAC yet? dangggg

specsaregood
02-17-2010, 10:28 PM

trying to stir the pot? what's the big deal? I'm sure all candidates talk to AIPAC. Is there some reason he shouldn't talk to them?

DeadheadForPaul
02-17-2010, 10:28 PM

Talking to someone doesn't mean you're going to bow to their every wish or even that you like them

The neo-cons argued that we shouldn't talk to Iran b/c it would legitimize them. You should meet with everyone and talk with everyone - even if you disagree with them

Meeting with AIPAC doesn't mean you support their positions any more than meeting with Iran means you want to destroy Israel

BamaFanNKy
02-17-2010, 10:32 PM
This is the Jewish group he needs to talk to. They are big Ron Paul fans!
http://www.jpfo.org/

Matt Collins
02-17-2010, 10:59 PM
There is a difference in being upset and being a troll to take down a candidate. I think you made your point.Yo - he's not a troll, and his point is indeed valid and has some merit to it. But that being said he just doesn't realize the tightrope walking necessecary for electoral politics in this country at present day.

BamaFanNKy
02-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Yo - he's not a troll, and his point is indeed valid and has some merit to it. But that being said he just doesn't realize the tightrope walking necessecary for electoral politics in this country at present day.

Matt,

Look at his most recent posts. I think we went 3 pages deep and maybe one non-Rand bashing one. That is trollish behavior. But, then again..... I'm new to the old Liberty Forest. So, not my house.

Bman
02-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Matt,

Look at his most recent posts. I think we went 3 pages deep and maybe one non-Rand bashing one. That is trollish behavior. But, then again..... I'm new to the old Liberty Forest. So, not my house.

It keeps going because some of you are trying to paint certain things as part of a liberty message when they clearly are not. You are actually keeping this going. Looking at you join date it should be much more clear to anyonewho the real troll is. Me andBrandon have been here for some time. Regardless if people agree or not with us they know who we are.

You on the other handare merely either too stubborn to concede a point or intentionally trying to keep this alive.

BamaFanNKy
02-17-2010, 11:23 PM
It keeps going because some of you are trying to paint certain things as part of a liberty message when they clearly are not. You are actually keeping this going. Looking at you join date it should be much more clear to anyonewho the real troll is. Me andBrandon have been here for some time. Regardless if people agree or not with us they know who we are.

You on the other handare merely either too stubborn to concede a point or intentionally trying to keep this alive.

You're right. I am a troll who works against the Liberty cause. You found me out. Damn you. Now let me go change my login name. Sorry, you and Brandon are right. I am a Neo-Con excited that Rand has decided to join my dark evil forces in my CFR lair where me and Mike Huckabee jam out to Guitar Hero while Sarah Palin and John Ashcroft do a duet cover of "Endless Love."

Matt Collins
02-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Look at his most recent posts. I think we went 3 pages deep and maybe one non-Rand bashing one. That is trollish behavior. But, then again..... I'm new to the old Liberty Forest. So, not my house.It's just his opinion... I don't think "trollish" is the most accurate description of it however.

Looking at you join date it should be much more clear to anyonewho the real troll is. BamaFanNKY is NOT a troll either. I know him in person.

There are just legitimate and valid disagreements around here lately, that's all. It ain't the end of the world.

DeadheadForPaul
02-17-2010, 11:28 PM
You're right. I am a troll who works against the Liberty cause. You found me out. Damn you. Now let me go change my login name. Sorry, you and Brandon are right. I am a Neo-Con excited that Rand has decided to join my dark evil forces in my CFR lair where me and Mike Huckabee jam out to Guitar Hero while Sarah Palin and John Ashcroft do a duet cover of "Endless Love."

Say what you will about Mike Huckabee, but the man knows how to rock out

BamaFanNKy
02-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Say what you will about Mike Huckabee, but the man knows how to rock out

Dude, you should see us when we get funky with a little Captain and Tennille.

YouTube - Captain and Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjloX_EvYiI)

I pop open the sparkling cider from Sam's Club and it's a party that would make Falwell call for a Hurricane to hit my house.

http://blog.mlive.com/saginawnews/2008/01/large_JNS.Huckabee2.jpg

DeadheadForPaul
02-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Dude, you should see us when we get funky with a little Captain and Tennille.

I pop open the sparkling cider from Sam's Club and it's a party that would make Falwell call for a Hurricane to hit my house.

bwahahah :D

Bman
02-17-2010, 11:34 PM

Finallysome honesty. Doesn't it feel good.:rolleyes:

Let's not forget who was really calling someone a troll. You're not nearly as savvy as you think you are.

Bman
02-17-2010, 11:39 PM
BamaFanNKY is NOT a troll either. I know him in person.

I know. It's just obvious the FNG doesn't understand that calling Brandon a troll is just stupid.

There are just legitimate and valid disagreements around here lately, that's all. It ain't the end of the world.

I agree. I'm hardly trying to bring anyone down. I'm just keeping it real. Of course if someone wants to argue with me, I'll be hard to shut up. Obviously you know that. Just some people like to find out the hard way.

BamaFanNKy
02-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Finallysome honesty. Doesn't it feel good.:rolleyes:

Let's not forget who was really calling someone a troll. You're not nearly as savvy as you think you are.

Sir, a troll by definition who just keeps saying the same thing over and over. research Brandon and your most recent posts. A bit overboard wouldn't you say.

I'm not saying you're not for Liberty but, if you don't get the dynamics of the state it's hard to understand. If you want message me. I think it's best if the malcontents want to have a wait and see attitude about Rand then a seek and destroy.

Yes I worked that last line in so I could post this:
YouTube - Seek and destroy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUoWZ_zcPpE)

Bman
02-17-2010, 11:47 PM
Sir, a troll by definition who just keeps saying the same thing over and over. research Brandon and your most recent posts. A bit overboard wouldn't you say.

Why I believe the kettle just called the pot black.

I'm not saying you're not for Liberty but, if you don't get the dynamics of the state it's hard to understand. If you want message me. I think it's best if the malcontents want to have a wait and see attitude about Rand then a seek and destroy.

It's not seek and destroy towards Rand. It's trying to prevent some of thenonsense that has occured at tea parties from happening here.

Yes I worked that last line in so I could post this:

Well at least we're heading down a better road atm. Pre-black album Metallica is the shit.

Let me retort by saying I'm just trying to stop things before they go to far.
YouTube - Metallica - Lepper Messiah. Lyrics!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SamAp_qv3bE)

BamaFanNKy
02-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Why I believe the kettle just called the pot black.

It's not seek and destroy towards Rand. It's trying to prevent some of thenonsense that has occured at tea parties from happening here.

Well at least we're heading down a better road atm. Pre-black album Metallica is the shit.

Let me retort by saying I'm just trying to stop things before they go to far.

In the words of my 18 year old nephew who just joined the army "I feel you." I think most of you will have to do a 180 later. I just encourage you to sit back and listen before going off too much. Plus, I agree run on the issues not the man.

Bman
02-17-2010, 11:57 PM
In the words of my 18 year old nephew who just joined the army "I feel you." I think most of you will have to do a 180 later. I just encourage you to sit back and listen before going off too much. Plus, I agree run on the issues not the man.

I may. I know I'm not always right. I'm just quite outspoken when I have a disagreement. Besidees I'm from Pennsylvania so is Brandon. It's quite obvious that what works for Kentucky is far different than what works for Pennsylvania. It's why I get upset anytime I hear about federal involvment in any aspect of daily life.

dannno
02-17-2010, 11:59 PM

He ultimately came out against foreign aid. I don't think anybody here will be too upset.

BamaFanNKy
02-18-2010, 12:01 AM
I may. I know I'm not always right. I'm just quite outspoken when I have a disagreement. Besidees I'm from Pennsylvania so is Brandon. It's quite obvious that what works for Kentucky is far different than what works for Pennsylvania. It's why I get upset anytime I hear about federal involvment in any aspect of daily life.

Yeah, but your state road workers are in perpetual coffee break. Some one needs to work on your state road crews. :D

Bman
02-18-2010, 12:05 AM
Yeah, but your state road workers are in perpetual coffee break. Some one needs to work on your state road crews. :D

Yeah. Unions in Pennsylvania suck. They are the laziest bunch in the world. I worked rough framing my first year out of college(pretty funny huh?) and the one foreman went union. The union guys told him to slow down and never pick anything up by himself. I haven't seen it yet but I imagine it would be hilarious watching two grown men pick up a single wall stud.

Dreamofunity
02-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Anyone having problems with video 3? I keep getting an error message.

Edit: It works now.