PDA

View Full Version : Feds Raid Nashville Arms Manufacturer

Matt Collins
02-17-2010, 12:29 PM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/02/17/feds-raid-nashville-arms-manufacturer/

Remember TN has passed the TN Firearms Freedom Act.

UtahApocalypse
02-17-2010, 12:31 PM
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/02/17/feds-raid-nashville-arms-manufacturer/

Remember TN has passed the TN Firearms Freedom Act.

Damn. TN had a chance to send State Troopers, or even its national Guard to protect its citizens, business, and its states rights.

guess we know where TN truly stands.

jmdrake
02-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Damn. TN had a chance to send State Troopers, or even its national Guard to protect its citizens, business, and its states rights.

The national guard is already under control of the feds. Look at how N.G. units are being deployed overseas.

That aside we don't exactly had a "pro liberty" governor. Sure he's signed a few decent bills to be politically correct, but he's no friend of liberty in general. Just google "Bredesen's Bunker" to find out more.

GunnyFreedom
02-17-2010, 12:36 PM

It's up to the Governor to enforce the legislation that the Assembly passes. If the Governor is unwilling to enforce the law, elect one who will. :D

dannno
02-17-2010, 12:36 PM

California and Colorado aren't standing up for their legal medicinal cannabis patients, either.

http://rawstory.com/2010/02/obama-admins-promise-dea-continues-raids-medical-marijuana-growers/

Pretty sickening.

Reason
02-17-2010, 12:41 PM
http://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2010/2/17/feds_raid_defense_contractor

Reached for comment, federal law enforcement officials declined to comment on their actions and would not specify what the focus of their investigation is.

TonySutton
02-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Why did the county sheriff let them in the county?

puppetmaster
02-17-2010, 12:46 PM
LOL You knew this was coming. And I beleive NO state gov will try to limit them by force. It has to be by the people....period

dannno
02-17-2010, 12:52 PM

Probably intimidation.

I remember when GW was pres, around 2006 there were over a dozen cannabis dispensaries in my small town.. Way more than we had Starbucks.. I was told the reason the DEA didn't do anything was because our County Sheriff wouldn't cooperate with them.

Well.. eventually I think they cracked and the DEA started sending letters and trying to shut them down.. They never shut down everything completely, though I had to go on delivery service for a short while, but then things opened back up. The pressure started coming back on right before the election, but after Obama was elected they backed off in our area... but they always seem to be focusing on somewhere in our state. They keep attacking the problem like one of those long clown balloons, they try to cut off air to one part of the balloon and it just pushes over into the next part.

Johnnybags
02-17-2010, 01:10 PM
California and Colorado aren't standing up for their legal medicinal cannabis patients, either.

http://rawstory.com/2010/02/obama-admins-promise-dea-continues-raids-medical-marijuana-growers/

Pretty sickening.

The more brazen you are, the more you are a target. You do not go on TV shows and tell em you are living the American dream peddling dope. I am for medicinal marijuana but as long as you taunt the FEDS they will show up. It will be interesting to see if they now go coast to coast since the States are allowing it now.

jmdrake
02-17-2010, 01:35 PM

You're assuming the BATF alerted the sheriff about what they were going to do first. I've seen a BATF raid of a house in Nashville before. They don't have to be "let in". They're already here.

..PAUL4PRES..
02-17-2010, 02:10 PM
If the state government will not enforce the law it is up to the people. Where is the militia?

dannno
02-17-2010, 02:14 PM
The more brazen you are, the more you are a target. You do not go on TV shows and tell em you are living the American dream peddling dope. I am for medicinal marijuana but as long as you taunt the FEDS they will show up. It will be interesting to see if they now go coast to coast since the States are allowing it now.

Well to a certain extent I agree he shouldn't have said that, but I think there was some mis-communication. He said he was "living the dream", which means he was probably making a reasonable living growing cannabis. Most of the dispensaries stick their profits into a fund and sometimes team up with other dispensaries to increase their collective funds in case they need to go to court. Somebody saw the damn show and thought he meant he was raking in the dough and about to buy his own island or something. They obviously don't partake in cannabis and don't understand what a great hobby growing cannabis is, or growing anything really, but especially cannabis. The guy was speaking to other cannabis connoisseurs when he let that one slip, it was not meant for your every day person who thinks he's just manufacturing "drugs".

If I could quit my job and grow full time, it wouldn't matter if i was making the same amount of $$ now and working relatively the same amount of hours, I'd still be "living the dream".

RideTheDirt
If the state government will not enforce the law it is up to the people. Where is the militia?
this

Toureg89
while i never expected states to protect their own businesses who wanted to test federal regulations, Tennessee would have had no room to defend the company, since the machine guns this company makes, crosses state lines, thus making null any protection supposedly offered by these recent "States Rights" firearm laws.

Constitutionally, they SHOULD have protected them, since the Commerce Clause is grossly misinterpreted, but the "States Rights" legislation TN passed likely doesnt cover these situations, since all of them said they protected firearm products whose sale DID NOT cross state lines.

..PAUL4PRES..
02-17-2010, 02:17 PM
while i never expected states to protect their own businesses who wanted to test federal regulations, Tennessee would have had no room to defend the company, since the machine guns this company makes, crosses state lines, thus making null any protection supposedly offered by these recent "States Rights" firearm laws.

Constitutionally, they SHOULD have protected them, since the Commerce Clause is grossly misinterpreted, but the "States Rights" legislation TN passed likely doesnt cover these situations, since all of them said they protected firearm products whose sale DID NOT cross state lines.

If thats the case then disregard my last statement government internet monitors.

jmdrake
02-17-2010, 02:24 PM
To those wondering why the sheriff - militia - boy scouts didn't do anything what kind of warning would they have had? Seriously. Unless I'm missing something, this was an unannounced raid and they were in and out before before any reasonable person could have if reacted. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't the BATF is as stupid as it was when it told the media ahead of time that it was going to raid Waco.

Toureg89: You have a good point about the interstate commerce clause. That said, I wonder what would happen if gun manufacturers set up franchises that only sold in state? Under some readings of the ICC that wouldn't matter, but in others it might.

Matt Collins
02-17-2010, 02:24 PM
This is where:

YouTube - Richard A. Hamblen Challenges the Feds to Uphold Constitutional Rights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTTYyO_8N9M&feature=player_embedded)

..PAUL4PRES..
02-17-2010, 02:30 PM
This is where:

YouTube - Richard A. Hamblen Challenges the Feds to Uphold Constitutional Rights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTTYyO_8N9M&feature=player_embedded)

Very interesting. Thanks

Pericles
02-17-2010, 03:22 PM
This is where:

Beat me to it. The militia had already been neutralized.

torchbearer
02-17-2010, 03:35 PM

he gets a shit load of money from the feds to buy military toys for his deputies. (war on drugs)
he isn't going to bite the hand that feeds him.

erowe1
02-17-2010, 04:08 PM
It's up to the Governor to enforce the legislation that the Assembly passes. If the Governor is unwilling to enforce the law, elect one who will. :D

Draft Jimmy Duncan?

Matt Collins
02-17-2010, 04:11 PM
he gets a shit load of money from the feds to buy military toys for his deputies. (war on drugs)
And for illegal immigration. (287g)

But for the record in Nashville / Davidson County the sheriff runs the jails, the metro PD does all of the law enforcement.

erowe1
02-17-2010, 04:11 PM

Of course his own taxpayers have to feed that hand, before the hand feeds him back.

catdd
02-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Ok, maybe this was a sneak attack, but if Bredesen doesn't take a stand against any future raids, then he may as well apply for a job with the FBI.

Toureg89
02-17-2010, 04:32 PM
If thats the case then disregard my last statement government internet monitors.

To those wondering why the sheriff - militia - boy scouts didn't do anything what kind of warning would they have had? Seriously. Unless I'm missing something, this was an unannounced raid and they were in and out before before any reasonable person could have if reacted. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't the BATF is as stupid as it was when it told the media ahead of time that it was going to raid Waco.

Toureg89: You have a good point about the interstate commerce clause. That said, I wonder what would happen if gun manufacturers set up franchises that only sold in state? Under some readings of the ICC that wouldn't matter, but in others it might.

Don't get me wrong, imo, what the ATF did was COMPLETELY unconstitutional, and the Commerce Clause DOESNT give congress the power to regulate RKBA.

but the whole point in these states (KY, MO, TN, TX, FL-those with current or pending legislation) passing these states-rights-to-regulate-intrastate-commerce was to play within THEIR (gun grabbers) interpretation of the Constitution/Commerce Clause.

and it is my understanding that the company in question (idk about the specific facility raided, but the company) has a contract with the DoD for heavy machine gun parts (.50 cal browning machine guns), so, depending on the parts, you'd probably have to follow ATF regulations anyways, because the US military is going to make it so that those products WILL cross state lines, constituting interstate commerce, and being outside the jurisdiction of the state to regulate, in the gun grabbers interpretation of the Commerce Clause.

devil21
02-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Not just any manufacturer either. Sabre Defence is HUGE in the AR platform world. My AR barrel is made by them and they are one of the top AR parts manufacturers out there. Their quality is second to none and priced accordingly!

I didnt see any explanation for the raid. Anyone know?

ETA: Don't ignore the signs until it's too late. Get your weapons NOW!

Matt Collins
02-17-2010, 11:08 PM
ETA: Don't ignore the signs until it's too late. Get your weapons NOW!Have prices jumped up because of this? :confused:

devil21
02-18-2010, 04:49 AM
Have prices jumped up because of this? :confused:

Dunno about prices but I'm sure anything Sabre will go up in price if this expands.

The Feds have been harrassing a lot of firearms companies lately (SHOT show arrests, for example) and many others have been bought up by Cerberus (which has direct Fed cash from the Chrysler and GMAC bailouts). There's a quiet attack on firearms companies going on.