PDA

View Full Version : A Rand Paul victory / Blueprint for...

TXcarlosTX
02-17-2010, 08:47 AM
liberty candidates to win. Puritans need to relax some and put things into perspective. Education of the electorate is the key to the growth of our movement. We need a Rand victory.

When you play the game you play to win.

Keller1967
02-17-2010, 09:16 AM
What is it exactly that we are going to win with Rand in office?

itshappening
02-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Rand Paul 2010 !!

brandon
02-17-2010, 10:48 AM
When he gets in office it will be important for him to continue "playing the game" so he can secure good committee appointments, get support for his legislation, and get reelected.

When does it end? How far is too far? Where is your line?

coyote_sprit
02-17-2010, 10:50 AM
In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win. In any compromise between good and evil, it is only evil that can profit.

Not the biggest fan of Ayn Rand but this quote applies.

TonySutton
02-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Maybe, just maybe, Rand plans on representing the people of KY. Now this is just a guess ;)

TXcarlosTX
02-17-2010, 11:28 AM

Austrian Economic Senator for a start. Educating other senators. Lots of primetime tv spots educating the people.

TXcarlosTX
02-17-2010, 11:35 AM
When he gets in office it will be important for him to continue "playing the game" so he can secure good committee appointments, get support for his legislation, and get reelected.

The game never ends. But we need players that represent our values of limited government. This isnt hard folks.

TonySutton
02-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Not the biggest fan of Ayn Rand but this quote applies.

Yes but there are two sides to this coin. According to Ayn it is wrong to stand in the middle if you believe one option is truth. Some people believe in reaching out to help someone over to their way of thinking. I am not saying Rand Paul's belief is the later but it is a possibility.

It is my understanding that this is why some ancaps are here on these forums, to lend a hand and guide some minarchists over to the ancap camp.

dannno
02-17-2010, 11:48 AM
Well I'm going to continue supporting Rand and Schiff because they are against our foreign empire and both understand economics and believe that we should follow the Constitution. Both are against the Patriot Act and encroachments on civil liberties in the name of safety. Maybe when they get to the Senate they will see how much pressure there is to support Israel and the wars, and expand government, and see through all of the BS. Or maybe they already do see through all of the BS and are just maneuvering their campaigns as appropriate.

If they go all neocon on us when they get to the Senate, then I'll accept an "I told you so", but that is a risk I am willing to take because they are our only hope to start turning around the Senate and make way for a 2012 liberty candidate for Pres.

UtahApocalypse
02-17-2010, 11:50 AM

then he nedds to get reelected, and maybe a run for another office.....

I agree. Is it worth it? not to me.

The game never ends. But we need players that represent our values of limited government. This isnt hard folks.

You don't represent my values by compromising your principles its that easy.

TruthisTreason
02-17-2010, 11:59 AM

Look at the power Jim Demint is yielding after only serving one term in the senate. That could be Rand Paul in 6 years.

We don't know what the future holds, but some of realize someone with some common liberty sense is much better than a Trey Grayson (carbon copy) type.

cindy25
02-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Mike Gravel, as a freshman senator, was instrumental in ending the draft.
the power of one senator is so much more than one congressman.

TCE
02-17-2010, 07:34 PM
Look at the power Jim Demint is yielding after only serving one term in the senate. That could be Rand Paul in 6 years.

We don't know what the future holds, but some of realize someone with some common liberty sense is much better than a Trey Grayson (carbon copy) type.

Jim DeMint is blind with imaginary power.