PDA

View Full Version : down ballot

james1906
02-17-2010, 12:39 AM
I know how I'm voting for governor, but I don't know diddly about anything else on the ballot. Anyone care to help?

Imperial
02-17-2010, 12:51 AM
I dunno either. General election is much easier, you just vote Libertarian for any office you don't know the candidate.

Number19
02-17-2010, 04:38 AM
There are a minimum of two others you should be aware of and vote for : 1) your County Chair, and 2) your Precinct Chair. Hopefully you have TLC (Texas Liberty Campaign) people running for these, also.

Nathan Hale
02-17-2010, 07:15 AM
http://politics1.com/tx.htm

All the 2010 races on one list. With links to all the candidates' campaign sites.

LittleLightShining
02-17-2010, 07:19 AM
There are a minimum of two others you should be aware of and vote for : 1) your County Chair, and 2) your Precinct Chair. Hopefully you have TLC (Texas Liberty Campaign) people running for these, also.

Wow. That is wild. You guys actually vote in real elections for these positions? On ballots? At polling places? We don't have precinct chairs here at all and County chairs are picked in a backroom, phone calls ensue and everyone is told who to vote for at the organizational meeting. You can vote for other people but then you're rocking the boat.

james1906
02-17-2010, 08:12 AM
http://politics1.com/tx.htm

All the 2010 races on one list. With links to all the candidates' campaign sites.

It looks like everything else statewide is uncontested for the GOP. I didn't know Mary Ruwart was running for Comptroller. She'll get my vote in the general.

Anyone here live in the 8th Congressional? There's 3 GOPers running against Bailout Brady. Any of them Ron Paul/Debra Medina types?

Lymeade-Lady
02-17-2010, 01:44 PM
in the 17th district, I'd recommend: TIMOTHY DELASANDRO. I second the rec to contact local meetup and ask advice.

Texan4Life
02-17-2010, 02:08 PM
+1 i dont know jack about anyone in my area - district 31

Haven't voted yet, was probably just going to vote for gov and leave everything else blank

nf7mate
02-17-2010, 03:13 PM
District 31 US or State Rep?

I'm in 31 US Dist. - John Carter is better than the other guy in the Republican primary. He voted against both bailouts. Not a perfect candidate though (voted for the war). I'll vote for Carter in the primary and LP in November.

Anyone know if Schwertner (running for State Rep, Dist. 20) is the real deal? He claims to be "tea party", but I haven't spoke to anyone involved his campaign yet.

Texan4Life
02-17-2010, 03:39 PM
US rep 31 and state rep 52... yeah thats what i thought. not the best but still fairly good. just didnt know if there was anyone new running against him

james1906
02-17-2010, 04:36 PM
what about the ballot measures?

Arklatex
02-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Vote Kinky for STATE AGRICULTURE COMMISSIONER

Valli6
02-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Non binding resolutions? :rolleyes:
Texas GOP Ballot Includes 5 Nonbinding Resolutions (excerpts)
AUSTIN, Texas - AUSTIN (AP) -- Texas Republican voters will have a chance to give their opinions on such issues as voter identification and federal stimulus spending through five nonbinding resolutions that will appear on the GOP primary ballot....

...Also appearing on the Republican ballot are:

-- Ballot Proposition No. 3: "In addition to aggressively eliminating irresponsible federal spending, Congress should empower American citizens to stimulate the economy by Congress cutting federal income taxes for all federal taxpayers, rather than spending hundreds of billions of dollars on so-called federal economic stimulus."

-- Ballot Proposition No. 4: "The use of the word 'God,' prayers, and the Ten Commandments should be allowed at public gatherings and public educational institutions, as well as be permitted on government buildings and property."

-- Ballot Proposition No. 5: "The Texas Legislature should enact legislation requiring a sonogram to be performed and shown to each mother about to undergo a medically unnecessary, elective abortion."
www . myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/texas/100214-texas-gop-ballot-includes-5-resolutions-apx

dgr
02-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Don't ya'll have candidates appear at your local GOP monthly meetings? Here they come in person to speak and take questions in formal and informal steeings. This is how I make a decision, who answers one on one to the questions that matter to me most. I live in a county of only 30,000 people but we even had every GOP candidate for govonor at our county convention. You have to go to these if you want to make a difference. I'm in my 5th year as a priencint chairman, and I got it by default, no one else wanted it as it's 2-1 democratic. But since I'm on my own, no one gets to hear what I say to voters or who's signs I put up . You can't vote for county chairman or state chairman , if you are not involved. Nothing is going to change unless you get involved .

mavtek
02-17-2010, 10:31 PM
http://www.freevotersguide.org/downloads/2010_Primary_Voters_Guide.pdf
I got this in an email today, thought it was pretty interesting.

james1906
02-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Vote Kinky for STATE AGRICULTURE COMMISSIONER

You can't vote for him and Medina in the primary, they're in separate parties.

Natalie
02-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Are you in Houston? Somebody sent me this to my email:

http://files.meetup.com/470475/medinasampleballot.doc

I didn't have time to look up the names of everybody on the ballot and read about them. I did that last election, and it took several hours. I was planning on just voting for Medina, but a Ron Paul/Debra Medina supporter sent me that list, so I just trusted her judgment and voted for the people on that list.

Lymeade-Lady
02-18-2010, 11:20 AM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/candidatesurvey.php?state=TX has some useful info. The candidate my parents told me about says he does not oppose NAFTA superhighway or a N. Amer. Union!!!! YIKES!

james1906
02-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Looks like Tyler Russell is the vote of choice for the 8th Congressional. He's the only one who responded to the CFL survey and he scored 100%. Does anyone know a reason not to vote for him? His website is pretty ambiguous.

james1906
02-18-2010, 11:29 PM
John Faulk is the candidate for the 18th Congressional. He's a Ron Paul supporter. I see a lot of signs for him on my drive to work.

james1906
02-23-2010, 08:10 AM
My apologies to Matt Collins for continuing to bump my own thread. Does anyone have any guide with all these judge races? Every commercial is the same.....blah blah won't legislate from the bench....

Lymeade-Lady
02-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Rick Green was recommended to me by an organization that supports parent rights in vaccination--he does believe in health freedom and in the legislation pushed for conscientious exemption to vaccination. And I was leaning toward Vela over Guzman just b/c Perry appointed Guzman and I don't trust Perry's judgement. That's all I could find out.

I also found this values voters guide: http://www.freevotersguide.org/downloads/2010_Primary_Voters_Guide.pdf but honestly it wasn't much help.