10-07-2007, 05:13 AM
ron paul liberal, what an oxymoron :)

Nefertiti
10-07-2007, 05:36 AM
The spelling is "pharaoh" not "pharoah."

Corydoras
10-07-2007, 06:10 AM
The spelling is "pharaoh" not "pharoah."

Yeah, but Pharoah is a real surname, though I don't know if it's the OP's.

Bradley in DC
10-07-2007, 06:20 AM
ron paul liberal, what an oxymoron :)

But we ARE liberals. (http://www.mises.org/liberal.asp) ;)

walt
10-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Some interesting numbers from Google:

hi troll,

got a link or should we just ban you right now?

KingTheoden
10-07-2007, 06:45 AM
Pharoah - whenever you type in 'Ron Paul' Google will return probably hundreds of thousands of links. Adding ANY word will still render thousands of hits. So if you are implying that Ron Paul is highlighted as some 'kook' or that he cannot win, your 'evidence' is inadmissible to this or any legitimate court.

Corydoras
10-07-2007, 06:53 AM
hi troll,

Whoa. I know we've been having a plague of trolls lately, but look at Pharoah's previous posts. He's not a troll.

walt
10-07-2007, 07:00 AM
12 previous posts? big whoop.

sylvania
10-07-2007, 07:08 AM

So rather than just admitting you might have been rash in making an ad hominem attack, you make another ad hominem attack?

A lot of people on this forum are becoming rash and are losing their humanity.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Why don't you argue the merits of their post rather than just calling them a troll and then dismissing their post because they've only made 12.

ButchHowdy
10-07-2007, 07:14 AM
You GO Walt . . . and say a prayer for those Cubbies while you're at it!

walt
10-07-2007, 07:19 AM
So rather than just admitting you might have been rash in making an ad hominem attack, you make another ad hominem attack?

A lot of people on this forum are becoming rash and are losing their humanity.

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Why don't you argue the merits of their post rather than just calling them a troll and then dismissing their post because they've only made 12.

because the content of the post is like that of a troll, no substance, no detail, no source link. The truth hurts sometimes.

walt
10-07-2007, 07:20 AM
You GO Walt . . . and say a prayer for those Cubbies while you're at it!

I can't work miracles like that. :D

speciallyblend
10-07-2007, 07:21 AM
People need to stop labeling people trolls just because they disagree or post something someone else doesnt like.I dont like people calling people names or trolls,i guess in my book that makes the name caller a troll himself,JUST STOP IT ,OR ILL TAZER EVERYONES AZZEZ

GeorgiaRPFan
10-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Why is it that suddenly users with lower post counts are being called "trolls?" More than once today, in separate threads, I've read "low post count" associated with "troll." This is not very welcoming and a lot of n00bs here probably found the forums after recently googling Ron Paul. Each user is a potential vote and we should treat each other as such, especially newbies.

sylvania
10-07-2007, 07:24 AM
because the content of the post is like that of a troll, no substance, no detail, no source link. The truth hurts sometimes.

What are you talking about? "The truth hurts sometimes." Hurts who?

I was merely pointing out that there is no need to go calling others a troll. Why not just say, "Your post lacks a link or anything to back it up. Where are you getting these search terms."

When you call people names, you turn them off. It never accomplishes anything. Not ever. Except perhaps to make yourself feel better.

And if someone is a troll, then you have succeeded in giving them the attention they want by responding to their post.

walt
10-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Why is it that suddenly users with lower post counts are being called "trolls?" More than once today, in separate threads, I've read "low post count" associated with "troll." This is not very welcoming and a lot of n00bs here probably found the forums after recently googling Ron Paul. Each user is a potential vote and we should treat each other as such, especially newbies.

The post is not a discussion of how to support Ron Paul or a disucssion of a problem area needing action, worse it's very likely bogus data.

You guys need to wake up to the fact that many mainstream people are coming on here to troll.

If it was me I'd close this board to new registrations and make it not publically viewable and open a new public board.

sylvania
10-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Well, I am certainly glad it is not up to you then.

Ron Paul Fan
10-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Let's all just simmer down now. Pharoah doesn't seem like a bad guy. He posted something that he thought would be of interest and all of a sudden he's a troll. Doesn't make much sense. One guy already left because of this very same thing and we're headed down a similar path in this thread. And there's no need for it. Just ask him to post a link to verify his source. No need for calling people names that may or may not be true. This isn't the Red Scare for christ sake. The freedom message brings us together, it doesn't divide us.

GeorgiaRPFan
10-07-2007, 07:35 AM
If it was me I'd close this board to new registrations and make it not publically viewable and open a new public board.

That would be a shame, as it would limit the good information and ideas here to a handful of people. The one thing our campaign has going for it that no other campaign has is an incredibly strong grassroots organization, many of whom come here for ideas and answers.

ButchHowdy
10-07-2007, 07:35 AM

That was me. Low posts, overly anarchistic, whether RP wins (or not) attitude, trying to take fledgling RP supporters off their game, non-productive, non-linked sometimes inflammatory posts.

I think Walt has a gift of discernment. Most people don't

walt
10-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Well, I am certainly glad it is not up to you then.

state why you disagree with that plan in a reasoned and logical way.

speciallyblend
10-07-2007, 07:40 AM
Group Hug Or Ill Tazer You All Now:)

Cowlesy
10-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Chowdah80 over at the FredThompsonForum --- now THAT guy is a troll. ;)

DJ RP
10-07-2007, 07:42 AM
He doesn't need to post a source guys, they are google numbers for those search terms, you can go to google.com and validate them yourselves in a second or three.

And it's not a troll post, it might be of interest to people because it compares how many articles are out there that have "ron paul kook" vs say "ron paul honest" that is interesting data in its own right.

sylvania
10-07-2007, 07:43 AM

And if I don't, am I troll, too?

GeorgiaRPFan
10-07-2007, 07:47 AM

I think this all boils down to what you think the goal of this forum should be. If you think 4400 RP supporters can manage a successful grassroots campaign all by themselves, then by all means, lock up the forums to new users so they can't join or even read what we have here.

If instead, you view each user as a potential voter with his/her own sphere of influence to bring in more voters, then closing the forums to newcomers is self-defeating.

steph3n
10-07-2007, 07:49 AM
calling people trolls because they are new and want to discuss a subject is not going to help anything, it is clear that kook will be in articles about Ron Paul as I have read numerous junk journalism with the term in it.

Someone that had read "google Ron Paul" that the grassroots are setting up has done that, and it was interesting results. What does it matter if you think it is a troll? It doesn't matter at all, the results were in fact interesting.

walt
10-07-2007, 07:53 AM
I think this all boils down to what you think the goal of this forum should be. If you think 4400 RP supporters can manage a successful grassroots campaign all by themselves, then by all means, lock up the forums to new users so they can't join or even read what we have here.

If instead, you view each user as a potential voter with his/her own sphere of influence to bring in more voters, then closing the forums to newcomers is self-defeating.

I'm not advocating that. I'm advocating a board for known supporters (that would be used for high level strategy and then a board for everyone else).

As I think about it more it likely doesn't have to be that drastic. A rule-driven subboard could be created on this board for the kind of conversations I'd love to have with the hard core devoteds that the whole world does not need to see. kind of like why there is no video of the Ron Paul private briefings. :)

walt
10-07-2007, 07:56 AM
calling people trolls because they are new and want to discuss a subject is not going to help anything, it is clear that kook will be in articles about Ron Paul as I have read numerous junk journalism with the term in it.

Someone that had read "google Ron Paul" that the grassroots are setting up has done that, and it was interesting results. What does it matter if you think it is a troll? It doesn't matter at all, the results were in fact interesting.

you don't find it odd that almost all of the attributes where NEGATIVE about RP?
Sometimes I wonder what side you guys are on....

GeorgiaRPFan
10-07-2007, 07:58 AM
That makes sense, then Walt. I imagine folks in other camps here drop in to take our ideas. I bet it's hard to duplicate our type of support without people willing to spend their own time and money to do what we do.

inibo
10-07-2007, 08:39 AM

http://ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=303972

They don't seem trollish to me.

If you want to see what real trolls are like you should spend a little time on news://alt.religon.wicca or news://talk.origins

http://ronpaulnetwork.info/forum is already a registered user only board and several people from here are there.

speciallyblend
10-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Positive with the negative,then we can address the negative.We are all human and have disagreements. Of Course unless you want yes men and women around you like britney spears telling you all is good,you have to take the negative with the positive or your living under a rock like britney

freedominnumbers
10-07-2007, 08:55 AM
We should definitely ban anyone who posts something which might be negative about Dr. Paul. It's definitely better to be ignorantly blissful than angrily informed.

These are the numbers I got:

106,000 for "ron paul" "long shot"
97,800 for "ron paul" isolationist
92,300 for "ron paul" kook
1,030,000 for "ron paul" crazy
359,000 for "ron paul" insane
211,000 for "ron paul" fringe
89,400 for "ron paul" wacky
726,000 for "ron paul" correct
687,000 for "ron paul" honest
71,800 for "ron paul" underdog
87,600 for "ron paul" "can't win"
155,000 for "ron paul" "can win"
1,620,000 for "ron paul" liberal
1,710,000 for "ron paul" conservative

These numbers are significantly different than the OP's in my opinion.
There seems to be a greater frequency of positive words than negative out there.

Here are some others:

1,480,000 for "ron paul" constitution
352,000 for "ron paul" champion
2,630,000 for "ron paul" president
158,000 for "ron paul" "top tier"
1,160,000 for "ron paul" libertarian
1,720,000 for "ron paul" freedom
699,000 for "ron paul" winner

allyinoh
10-07-2007, 08:59 AM
I don't want to get into the whole "troll" debate but the guy hasn't even come back to his own thread to answer 4 pages later.

And if you don't know what I am talking about, it's easy to "look" like a Ron Paul supporter or any other supporter if you know what I mean... *hint hint*

So is it probable that a few people here who have low post counts are trolls? Probably. Is it probable that a few people here who have low post counts aren't trolls? Certainly. Is it probable that a few people here with a good amount of posts are trolls? Of course there are.

You just have to decide for yourself who you think is a troll and who you don't and just keep doing what you are doing. We aren't here to talk about who we think is a troll or not, were here to talk about Ron Paul.

mkrfctr
10-07-2007, 09:02 AM
We aren't here to talk about who we think is a troll or not, were here to talk about Ron Paul.

This person is obviously a troll, working to divide us and make us avoid talking about trolls. Why don't you be more obvious, obvious troll. Obvious troll is obvious.

Pharoah
10-07-2007, 12:24 PM
I just figured you guys could draw your own conclusions without me having to paint you a picture. C'est la vie, I guess. Thanks for the support from the more reasonable members.

The point is that a number of words commonly appear in media articles about Ron Paul. There could be a number of reasons for that. My own opinion, since you screamed for it, is that talking points are circulated to RP's opponents and then trotted out whenever they're asked for an opinion on his chances. The national media then parrots these back to us in articles - which are then copied by the affiliates - which leads to a glut of articles floating around that all have the same connotations.

More broadly, the problem it creates is one of perception. It's a principle of advertising that repeating a word next to a brand name will build an association in people's minds. So I was trying to draw attention to some of the bad messages that we have to counter to be effective in championing the cause of Ron Paul.

And yes, I know how to spell Pharaoh, thanks very much.

jmunjr
10-07-2007, 12:41 PM
"ron paul" "long shot" 54,100 hits ?????

"rudy giuliani" "long shot" 98,100 hits

Thor
10-07-2007, 12:47 PM

I thought the point of the campaign, and therefore and indirectly boards like this, was to find new supporters, not push them away so we wind up floundering like the LP has done for 35 years.

Thor
10-07-2007, 12:48 PM
I don't want to get into the whole "troll" debate but the guy hasn't even come back to his own thread to answer 4 pages later.

Not everybody is glued to their PC or to this forum. People do have lives. Some even get out and do things to help get Ron's name out there. Relax.

in ron we trust
10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Those are quite a few millions of searches...if we can get as many votes as searches in the primary we will be doing good