PDA

View Full Version : Early Voting

tmosley
02-16-2010, 10:04 PM
I was watching the local news this evening, and they said that the turnout for the first day of early voting was DOUBLE what it normally is. I get a funny feeling that we might just win this thing outright if this is a statewide phenomenon...

Draco33
02-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I was watching the local news this evening, and they said that the turnout for the first day of early voting was DOUBLE what it normally is. I get a funny feeling that we might just win this thing outright if this is a statewide phenomenon...

Sweet ... :D
However, I was thinking that the Medina supports are really enthusiastic and will probably vote as early as possible.
The sheep will vote on March 12th. (edit ... err 2nd ... bahh) :p
So get all your friends and family to vote!

My wife and family will be going this weekend.

tmosley
02-16-2010, 10:13 PM
Damn slow assed internet.

Mods, could you merge these two threads?

angelatc
02-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Damn slow assed internet.

Mods, could you merge these two threads?

Clicking the triangle is what usually works for me.

Apparition
02-16-2010, 11:25 PM
The sheep will vote on March 12th.

I certainly hope so. =)

lupester
02-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Please remeber to get a reciept you voted republican....and go back to your precinct for the precinct convention on March 2nd in the evening. Its NOT about the popular votes its about the delegates! Go to the precinct convention (March 2nd) that night...ask to go to the district convention. People will have to vote to send you but usually eveyone who wants to can go. We'll talk about this later but make sure you get your receipt showing you voted republican! Again....IT IS NOT THE POPULAR VOTE THAT WINS. ;)

lupester
02-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Would someone please post my above remark to facebook? I can't get on it from work.

pacelli
02-17-2010, 11:28 AM
I was wondering if you noticed any corpses or non-citizens voting with big "Perry for Gov" pins? Any weird swedish guys wearing all black, holding laptop computers?

rp08orbust
02-17-2010, 11:34 AM
I certainly hope so. =)

LOL, just noticed the typo in the date.

dannno
02-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Please remeber to get a reciept you voted republican....and go back to your precinct for the precinct convention on March 2nd in the evening. Its NOT about the popular votes its about the delegates! Go to the precinct convention (March 2nd) that night...ask to go to the district convention. People will have to vote to send you but usually eveyone who wants to can go. We'll talk about this later but make sure you get your receipt showing you voted republican! Again....IT IS NOT THE POPULAR VOTE THAT WINS. ;)

The establishment better not take over the convention like they did in Nevada when they realized they were going to lose.

Southron
02-17-2010, 12:04 PM
If Medina wins I'm going to be so jealous of you Texans!:)

Roxi
02-17-2010, 01:21 PM
I also had the thought that if all medina voters are voting early then that will give "them" an idea of how many votes they need to fake to make perry win

a quote from perry's wiki:

Perry holds all records for Texas gubernatorial tenure, having broken both Allan Shivers' consecutive service record of 7 1/2 years in June 2008 and Bill Clements' total service record of eight years (over two non-consecutive terms) in December 2008. As a result, the Dallas Morning News reported in December 2008 that Perry has the distinction of being the only governor in modern Texas history to have appointed at least one person to every possible state office, board, or commission position which requires gubernatorial appointment (as well as to several elected offices to which the governor can appoint someone to fill an unexpired term, such as five of the nine current members of the Texas Supreme Court). Should Perry complete his current term on January 18, 2011, he will become the first Governor of Texas to complete two consecutive four-year terms. He is also the second longest-serving current Governor in the United States
'
I mean, how good for them would it be if the GOP broke a record?

dannno
02-17-2010, 01:37 PM
The suspense is killing me.....

Unfortunately this reminds me of the '08 primaries when the damn polls were so inundated with couch potato TV watchers, us activists had no chance... either that or we did good and the damn computers switched all the votes around.

Isaiah
02-17-2010, 02:00 PM
The suspense is killing me.....

Unfortunately this reminds me of the '08 primaries when the damn polls were so inundated with couch potato TV watchers, us activists had no chance... either that or we did good and the damn computers switched all the votes around.

When you review the facts (the money bombs raised for Ron Paul, the votes in several caucases and primaries that were counted and deliberately omitted from the count, not to mention the overseas military vote that was NOT counted), it'd take someone in serious denial not to believe there was vote fraud on a massive scale. I saw to it that they were honest in my caucus. I stayed to watch them count. ;)

TexFootballMom
02-17-2010, 03:37 PM
Sweet ... :D
However, I was thinking that the Medina supports are really enthusiastic and will probably vote as early as possible.
The sheep will vote on March 12th.
So get all your friends and family to vote!

My wife and family will be going this weekend.

Hopefully you won't mind if I borrow that thought and post it on facebook.

Just the vote on March 12th part! Ha!

Draco33
02-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Hopefully you won't mind if I borrow that thought and post it on facebook.

Just the vote on March 12th part! Ha!

lol :o

Texan4Life
02-17-2010, 11:29 PM
yeah I heard of some crazy new law that in order to vote for the incumbent gov you vote on a different day. rick perry's voting day is the 12th

lol

TER
02-17-2010, 11:40 PM
if and when Perry doesn't get 50% or more of the vote and the contest is extended 6 more weeks, will there be another debate?

Texan4Life
02-17-2010, 11:57 PM
if and when Perry doesn't get 50% or more of the vote and the contest is extended 6 more weeks, will there be another debate?

Not sure. I hope so.

Perry seems to be spending way more money on tv ads during the olympics than KBH (didnt they raise about the same?) I would say 4 to1 for perry to kbh ads. with 75% of them the anti KBH ad and the other 25% look how great i made texas ad.

I think he is hoping to win. it outright.

that would be awesome for a perry medina run off with perry's campaign broke.

That or he has shit ton more money than I think

puppetmaster
02-18-2010, 12:15 AM
If Medina wins I'm going to be so jealous of you Texans!:)

i may move there then!