PDA

View Full Version : What is the Republican base more interested in?

buffalokid777
10-07-2007, 03:42 AM
Based on another thread, I have created this poll.

Please weigh in.

cujothekitten
10-07-2007, 03:54 AM
I'm going to say the troops. Honestly though they're both connected, if Hillary becomes president then the troops will probably be withdrawn.

USPatriot36
10-07-2007, 03:54 AM
I think many of them are interested in continuing the war in iraq. Supporting the troops is pretty generic patriotism that everyone is supposably doing.

ForTheRepublic
10-07-2007, 04:13 AM
I don't think they have realized it yet. But as we come close to choosing the man to beat Hillary they will be more focused on that.

I really believe America will not elect someone who is for continuing the war. And if RP got nominated the tables would completely turn. Since Hillary is not really for pulling out. The more that message can be made clear the better I think his chances are.

Just tell the Republicans Hillary is going to get all the power GW has been using to fight terrorism. :eek:

steph3n
10-07-2007, 04:18 AM
I think they care more about beating Hillary from all I have seen, they give some voice vote to the troops but aren't willing to back it up with the best action for the troops.

buffalokid777
10-07-2007, 04:20 AM
I think many of them are interested in continuing the war in iraq. Supporting the troops is pretty generic patriotism that everyone is supposably doing.

Let me clarify since you have brought up a good point.

If a republican base voter (Someone who has been registered Republican for a while and usually votes GOP across the board)

Suppose that person had say 2 hours of free time a week.

They could use it to either support the troops (Package and send care packages, writing letters...Raising Money for the troops or their families....etc.....)

Or could use it to support or campaign for a candidate that they thought could beat Hillary Clinton.

What would that GOP base voter use that 2 hours a week on?

Shellshock1918
10-07-2007, 05:21 AM
Beating Hillary.

10thAmendmentMan
10-07-2007, 05:50 AM
I'm going to say the troops. Honestly though they're both connected, if Hillary becomes president then the troops will probably be withdrawn.

You forgot that they're still probably going to be there until at least until 2013 under Hillary's iron fist.