PDA

View Full Version : Candidate for RI LT Gov runs to eliminate the office

Chase
02-16-2010, 04:07 PM
http://www.votehealey.com/

Just saw this guy on Cavuto. Any way we can do this on the national stage as well? :p

torchbearer
02-16-2010, 04:18 PM
That is a typical libertarian position.
we often had candidates running in our state in order to close the office.
it is a way to give the people a chance to directly vote for that change.

Son of Detroit
02-16-2010, 04:19 PM
I was really impressed by him on Cavuto. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat if I lived in Rhode Island.

muzzled dogg
02-16-2010, 04:21 PM
dude i feel like doing this

Quinn Rogness
02-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Wow, I've never heard of that campaign platform!

Flash
02-16-2010, 04:40 PM
So uhh what does a Lt. governor do? Where would these responsibilities go if this office was abolished?

HOLLYWOOD
02-16-2010, 05:33 PM
So uhh what does a Lt. governor do? Where would these responsibilities go if this office was abolished?

Absolutely Nothing but drain the people of their money.

I have some connections and when the CA Governator went to Japan... Arnold Schwarzenegger gave specific orders to the entire executive state staff that, then democratic Lt governor, Cruz Bustamante, is to do nothing, say nothing, and spend nothing. The rest of Bustamante term as Lt Governor, he just collected a paycheck and benefits... and will do so for decades in government state benefits//retirement. So proves... LT governors are NOT needed even in the largest and most complex states. Hell... The size of Rhode Island is just a county in any of the western states anyway. Maybe they should just have a Mayor and use all the city councils as the state senate/house voting. Save $100's of millions in the long run.

I say... eliminate the position and save at least $100 million dollars over the next 20 years. Sounds even better when you add it up over the long run.

american.swan
02-16-2010, 06:18 PM
In Texas, the Lt. Governor, Speaker of the House, and Governor are force to work very closely together and considering the ability to "set the agenda" the Lt. Governor in Texas could be viewed as the most powerful of the three. It could be argued Medina should run for Lt. Governor. Medina would have far LESS media coverage running for Lt. Governor, but considering her "tea party" status, she probably would get a good amount of publicity. She could set the Senate agenda and force Perry to deal with what the Senate gives him.