PDA

View Full Version : My response to Pia Varma on FB

newbitech
02-16-2010, 09:11 AM
So, if we are going to force this system to change, we need to build an army. Not a violent one, but strong and powerful one nonetheless.

A bunch of people in her thread arguing about neo-cons vs tea-baggers vs constitutionalists vs etc etc etc etc etc political labels blah blah

The bottom line is that the nation is going bankrupt fast. Some in the conservative and libertarian movement believe we need to defend ourselves with stronger military force, some believe we need to bring all troops home. First we need to agree that the end goal is our security and safety. We have a right to defend ourselves if there is a threat. ... See MoreSo long as the goal is self-defense and not imperialism/empire building, we all have common ground. Now we just have to figure out the most efficient ways to keep us safe. You can read the 'Your Safety' section of my website.

But putting all that aside, I think we can all agree that free trade is necessary and that reducing spending and making the government much more lean and efficient is the best route.

Ok...so, there is the common ground. Now, back to the original thought. We need to build an army. A big one.

I said....

The nation is bankrupt. My end goal is not "security and safety". My end goal is liberty and freedom. In the realm of foreign policy, I agree with the vision of the founders. Commerce and trade with all, alliances with none. The number one cause of both our nations bankruptcy, foreign threats, and erosion of liberty at home is our government's interventionist policies and that starts right here at home.

Unless and until American's decide that the only role and function of government is to protect individual liberty and freedom, we cannot expect the government to back away from intervening in every facet of our live.

This army, like the government must understand first and foremost the principle of freedom. Freedom is individual liberty. Anyone who would sacrifice this principle for a little security and safety will earn neither.

Politicians and those with political aspirations must be constantly reminded that the ultimate goal is self-government. Gandhi asserted that the only legitimate form of government is the conscious of the individual. I also believe that in order for American's to be liberated from the crony capitalism that has infested state run government at all levels is for our nation to undergo our own swaraj.

In order for this to happen, it will be necessary for activist to begin by deconstructing the old paradigms in their own minds first, and then replace those old ways of thinking with a new paradigm that is rooted and founded in individual accountability and responsibility. This will form the moral basis for extending this paradigm deconstruct/reconstruct cycle to their families, friends, associates, neighbors, co-workers, merchants, teachers, and ultimately to their leaders.

The army building starts with the foundation of a principled approach to problem solving that treats each individual as sovereign and respects the natural rights of the individual above all else. Our security is rooted and founded in our ability to make principled decisions as individuals. As collaborators in liberty, we must practice holding each other accountable to the principles of freedom.

When we set this example as group of activist, we create a path for others to follow. This becomes the movement, and if we really believe in the principles of freedom and individual liberty, then the organization of the movement will occur dynamically and with out intervention. The movement itself becomes the basis for a new self-government of the nation.

Pennsylvania
02-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Did Switzerland need an army? A big one?