PDA

View Full Version : ACTIVISTS PLEASE READ: We Are Right, But It Doesn’t Matter

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Here is the original post: http://dailypaul.com/node/2980

Posted October 6th, 2007 by Raymond

An open letter to the Ron Paul Campaign (official and unofficial):

We are right, but it doesn’t matter. Or maybe a better way to put it is that it no longer matters. Hopefully the official campaign is up to speed on what I am saying here, but I am certain that the unofficial campaign (the grassroots, the revolution, the meet-up groups, etc.) is not. And because this campaign is unlike any other in that the grassroots are so much bigger, louder, and more active than any campaign in recent memory, it important that the grassroots receive this message as well. The grassroots has the potential to completely drown out the actual campaign and if there is any discord in the message it will be disastrous. There are two distinct and very different parts to a successful campaign for President. The first is over and we won, but the second is very different and we are dramatically behind.

This argument will require the definitions of two words I will use the “activists” and the “sheep.” The activists are all of you reading this right now. It is the people that gather information, analyze it, and come to a well-thought out conclusion. The people that actually give a care about our country and the direction it is headed. The activist are the political junkies (whether we agree with them or not) that like me, spend multiple hours a day reading every story they can find about the election and analyzing the tiny minutia that surrounds one tiny event on the campaign trail for a given candidate. The sheep on the other hand, is everyone else. They are the masses of the American public. They watch Oprah, soap operas, and sitcoms. They go to work, shop, and complain about gas prices. They are either unwilling or unable to think for themselves (at least with respect to politics) and swallow whatever the media tells them to swallow.

Now, I am sure there is some statistical analysis of the breakdown of these two groups and it may range from 2% activists and 98% sheep to maybe 10% activist and only 90% sheep. I will use 95/5. Regardless of the actual ratio it is certain that the two groups exist, are very different, and that the sheep swamp the activists in numbers. The activists do all the work but eventually the sheep elect the President. I will let other sources discuss the reasons for this terrible breakdown in society, but the fact remains that this is the political landscape, and anyone wanting to get elected to any office better be cognizant of it. Back to the two parts of the campaign; the first one is for the activists and it ended September 30th. Anyone that is able to think for themselves, is already plugged into the election, and already has a preferred candidate. They will be firm in their support and will provide the finances and leg-power for the campaign.

The second part of the campaign began October 1st and is for the sheep. Now this is where I believe some members of the grassroots for the Ron Paul campaign can miss it. We discuss the message and the messenger (Ron Paul) with people and expect them to reach conclusions and become activists like we are. However, that is not what sheep do. I am sorry but that part of the election is over. The team we have now is the team that will have to take us the entire way. There will be no “this 50,000 will tell 100,000 who will tell 200,000 who will tell 400,000 who will tell 800,000. All the activists are already supporting a candidate and the sheep will not tell anyone.

The top-tier candidates are already way down the road of marketing to the sheep, and the Ron Paul campaign is getting left behind. Just as this is now a completely different campaign to try to win the sheep, we must now change the message. I realize this is heresy to all of the core believers out there that say the message must remain pure at all cost. However, sheep will never go for “personal liberty.” They need to be told what to do. The message of freedom and taxes and war and specific policies are completely irrelevant. The message has to be dumbed way down for sheep. This can be seen in the reporting that comes out of the “hated” mainstream media. We don’t like it, but the media is not talking to us, they are talking to the sheep. There has to be a neat and clean, one or two words to sum up every candidate for the sheep to be able to grasp it. The major campaigns know this and work exhaustively to make sure the one or two words are words they like. Ron Paul should be doing the same.

The media, when referring to Rudy Giuliani, call him America’s mayor, or something about 9/11. They call Romney the rich guy or the Mormon. McCain is the surge. Thompson is the most conservative. Huckabee is the Baptist preacher. Tancredo is immigration, Brownback is religious or Christian. Ron Paul is the libertarian or wacky. I have no idea what they call Duncan Hunter because he gets no press. On the democrat side: Hillary is the woman, or the former first lady, Barak is the black guy, and Edwards is the $400 haircut. Whether we like it or not, whether accurate or not, this is the way the game is played. The sheep can only digest the cliff notes on the cliff notes and so the media feels they are doing the sheep a favor. So everything the Ron Paul campaign (official and unofficial) does from this time forward should be about building a brand to sell to the sheep and trying to craft the message that is delivered by the media. As I said before the top-tier candidates have been doing this for a while and we are behind. One thing that is for sure is that if you do not come up with a brand to market, the media will give you one. So unless Ron Paul wants to be known as fringe or wacky or ultra right-wing he needs to change the message. To be known as the libertarian or even Dr. No is a great strategy to sell to the activists, but the sheep will not buy it.

I am not a marketing major but I believe the message needs to be something simple like “the people’s choice.” Probably not these exact words but the campaign needs to be about Ron Paul being the anti-establishment candidate while making sure the sheep know that they are also not a part of the establishment. It needs to be the average American against the elites. The citizens against the bureaucracy. He needs to create a sense that this is what all the people think. The sheep will do whatever they think everyone else is doing. Again I am not an expert on how to word this message. My point is only that it needs to be done. After that branding has been created, Ron Paul has a huge army willing to help disseminate it. However, if the activist try to convert sheep by discussing the pros and cons of the Federal Reserve then the campaign is doomed to failure.

Not only must the message change, but the messenger must change also. Ron Paul needs some professional stylist and wardrobe people. All sheep care about is that if they have to see you continually for the next four years, you look good on TV. He also will need to work on some short sound bite type responses that refer back to the brand that is established. I know this will be hard for all of the activist out there to swallow (and I am concerned about Dr. Paul’s ability to swallow it), but let me just point to the candidates that are doing it already and lead that they have in the polls. (Of course there are numerous other writings about the validity of polls etc, but remember, they are not polling rationally thinking activist; they are polling the sheep. And the sheep vote however the media tells them to vote.) Theatrics are good (like waiving his little constitution book around). It will attract media attention and sheep tend to be visually inclined. However, discussing policy will not be effective.

Hopefully, all of my fellow activists out there can understand that I am not talking about minimizing any of the principals that we have come to love about Dr. Paul. I am only talking about framing it in such a way that he can get elected. It is imperative that the activists realize that what allowed us to win part one of the campaign will not win part two. Unfortunately, this is how the game is played, and to have a chance we must play the game.

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Here is your Answer:
On October 7th, 2007 Treg says:

My Company pays a large LA marketing firm to do work for us. They did a favor for me. I put RON PAUL and his old and new Slim Jim down before them, and I instructed them to get back with me on what we needed to do to put this man in the White house with overwhelming support.

They came back with a two-part answer:

First and always, to Republican Sheepel:

"ONLY THIS MAN CAN BEAT HILLARY".

They wish to be told this, and they need to be told it to them a million times a day like a disco drumb beat that does not stop.

Second and always to the independants, democrats, and sheeple:

"RON PAUL IS THE THOMAS JEFFERSON OF OUR DAY"

(with emphasis on "our")

Now, their analysis.

First, all the Republican fence sitters, and there is approxamately 35% fence sitters inside each GOP campaign right now, plus millions of Sheeple Republicans...... They ONLY care about one thing more than Iraq -- Beating Hillary. Therefore SCREAM it to the top of your lungs, write about the whys, explain RP is LEFT of Hillary and RIGHT of Hillary in ALL THE RIGHT PLACES. BUT NEVER STOP YOUR MANTRA that RON PAUL is the ONLY GOP who can "technically", "logically", "quietly", "gently", BEAT HILLARY.. issue for issue, person for person, voter by voter.

If their report is correct, you should be able to dialog this message endlessly between campaigns, on stage, and on message 100% of the time, without feeling EVER that you have said it too much.

Second: Who is Ron Paul?

Well we can not change Ron Paul. We can not get hiim to calm down, speak with the slow authority of a retired 5 star General -- something the Sheeple Public LOOKS for all the time. But we CAN TELL them what they are Seeing and What they are Hearing.

"RON PAUL, ..IS... the Thomas Jefferson, of OUR Day"

Thomas Jefferson beats Hillary Clinton, hands down.

Its a vote Ron Paul, but Sheeple should THINK AND FEEL.. they are voting for one of the Authors of the Constitution, one of our Founding Fathers.

In the Public Sheeples mind, we TELL them what they just SAW and what they have just HEARD.....

RON PAUL = THOMAS JEFFERSON.

Thats it folks. That is your answer Raymond. Treg

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 12:14 AM
$35,000 answer.
On October 7th, 2007 Treg says:

Thanks, that was about a $35,000 "favor" that LA Marketing company did for me personally. I hope the answer rises up, everyone grabs it...makes it their own.

I just watched a Ron Paul meet up organizer interviewed on TV. He was asked the same crazy questions. Its painful to struggle with these inane questions. Here is how it Should HAVE went.

Reporter:
"Why do you support Ron Paul when he has so small a chance of winning?"

"Well, I strongly believe that ONLY Ron Paul can beat Hillary in a General Election, issue for issue, voter for voter. Once people hear him speak, they know he is no Politician, he is very different".

Reporter: "Well who is Ron Paul and why does he get your attention and not the other GOP candidates?"

"After you hear him speak, most people stop and realize that Ron Paul IS the THOMAS JEFFERSON of OUR day."

Reporter: "Why do you think that is important in today's world with the Iraq war and other modern issues going on today?"

"Obviously Ron Paul is MODERN Thomas Jefferson, and obviously ONLY HE can address our modern issues. His answers are so much better than Hillary's".
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sadly, the RP supporter went off in all sorts of directions...ouch! Lets live and learn, this is OUR message to the SHEEPLE. All people, including reporters, Are Sheeple. Everyone is a Sheeple until proven otherwise.

These two themes are very CIRCULAR. You must repeat them back around CONSTANTLY. He can beat Hillary, (why?) He is a modern Thomas Jefferson of our day (why?) Cause only he can be Hillary. and back again and again. ...blah. blah blah. Both Republicans must be made to believe that, and the General Public needs to be TOLD what they JUST heard and Saw WAS a MODERN day Thomas Jefferson ! A REAL PRESIDENT.

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 12:15 AM
I stripped that from dailypaul.com but that is some very important information!

Chester Copperpot
10-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Thats probably accurate.. Ive noticed since he neo-con arena has warmed up to paul their main concern is if he can beat Hillary... That is their concern.. Nothing else seems to be as important...

I like it... Sometimes in a way Ron Paul needs to dumb down his msg because most people wont grasp it, even though its simple..

Noog
10-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Good stuff...

OptionsTrader
10-07-2007, 12:25 AM
How about one line:

Ron Paul, the Thomas Jefferson of our day. Only he can defeat Hillary.

With Thomas Jefferson (Ron Paul) emphasized as able to defeat Hillary.

brandon
10-07-2007, 12:27 AM
I agree very much with the original post. I have just said something very similar in the IQ thread, where apparently 95% of the users here are well above average intelligence. Having the smart people support Dr. Paul is no achievement and nothing for anyone to be proud of. Getting the sheeple to join into this campaign is by far the biggest challenge, and we havnt been doing to well yet. I also think we all need to stop using the term "sheeple", even though i do very much like that term myself.

mavtek
10-07-2007, 12:37 AM
We better run with it!

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Good advice all around.

I also like the idea of boiling the message down and repeating it over and over again.

katao
10-07-2007, 12:49 AM
That is a VERY good marketing company. Republicans care about nothing, absolutely nothing, more than beating Hillary. That is why Guiliani is leading in the polls today, because they mistakingly believe he is the only one that can beat Hillary.

Our job is to convince the Republican sheep that ONLY Ron Paul can beat Hillary. I think we need to do more, at first, than just repeat the mantra over and over (although that is necessary). To start, we need to demonstrate that assertion, particularly to the media, that it is true.

My suggestion is to prove to the media and pundits everywhere that Ron Paul can beat Hillary by attacking her #1 proposal, Universal Health Care (NOTE: not her personally, her plan). The war issue is too divisive in the Republican base to focus on now (and should be used after the Primary).

Fact: The media oogles over Hillary and talks up everything about Hillary, pro and con.

We need to take advantage of that and air ads on Broadcast TV attacking Hillary's Universal Healthcare Plan from multiple angles. They won't even require much air time - if they are good, the media will run with them and we won't even need to pay to run them after that.

This was discussed in a previous thread this morning, but we really need to make sure this happens.

Akus
10-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Only RP can beat Hillary is a good soundbite.

Taco John
10-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Ron Paul already has a sound bite that is a winning formula.

"Ron Paul: The Champion of the Constitution."

It really is as simple as that. We don't need to attack Hillary, or anyone really. We just need to get people interested in learning more about Ron Paul. The man sells himself really.

OptionsTrader
10-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Ron Paul already has a sound bite that is a winning formula.

"The Champion of the Constitution."

Most people don't care about the Constitution.

And most Congressmen do not either according to their voting records.

Unfortunately they are all willing to give up freedom and allow the government to do unconstitutional things in order to cater to a desire to be "100% safe."

It is sad.

Suzu
10-07-2007, 01:27 AM
Maybe two more points would serve us well: (1) If Hillary wins, it means we will have had 24 straight years of Bush/Clinton; and (2) It's time for a president who TELLS THE TRUTH!

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 01:28 AM
Most people don't care about the constitution.

And most Congressmen do not either.

Unfortunately.

It is sad and makes me sad.

Reality kind of sucks sometimes..... but check out my new signature :eek: Reading it does not mean you are a sheep :p It is something both activists and sheep can enjoy :cool:

OptionsTrader
10-07-2007, 01:29 AM
Sheep and sheeple are derogatory terms that should be avoided in my opinion because the effect is counter productive and the audience is unaware that they fit the description.

john_anderson_ii
10-07-2007, 01:31 AM
I like the "He's the only candidate that can beat Hillary" line. Not only is it powerful and moving to hardcore republicans, it's very, very true.

Of course, they aren't going to believe you right of the bat, but Ron Paul himself already gave us the ammunition we can use to enforce this statement.

"The peace candidate always wins."

Any candidate who faces Hillary, except Ron Paul, is the "War" candidate shedding the light of peace candidate on Hillary. She will not have this advantage against Ron Paul. Ron Paul's peace message will steamroll Hillary and expose her as the warmonger she really is.

katao
10-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Sheep and sheeple are derogatory terms that should be avoided in my opinion because the effect is counter productive and the audience is unaware that they fit the description.

Agreed - I wish there were a better term for non-activists that isn't derogatory.

Taco John
10-07-2007, 01:33 AM
Most people don't care about the Constitution.

I disagree.

devil21
10-07-2007, 01:35 AM
The issue is whether we can turn the sheeple into RP supporters to win an election or whether we turn into just another GOP top tier to sell a "fake" message. Sure RP can beat Hillary but it's NEVER something Ron would say himself. He wouldnt even talk about his other GOP rivals on CNN! Its just not in Ron's taste and it's tough to decide whether to usurp his spirit and become one of "them" or to hope the message and the man wins out. It's a real test of good vs. evil.

EDIT: Im sticking with Ron and his spirit. I have faith that people that vote in primaries matter more than general election sheeple.

Taco John
10-07-2007, 01:36 AM
As a marketer, I can tell you the best way to sell Ron Paul: by talking about him with your friends and family. Word of mouth is the most powerful marketing vehicle there is. If everyone acts locally by ensuring that their friends and family know about Ron Paul, the rest will take care of itself.

With that note, every Ron Paul fan should be aware of www.RonPaulAudio.com. Go there, download the mp3 files, listen to them yourself, and burn them onto CDs and pass them along to your friends and family. Ask them to listen to them. Tell them this next election is incredibly important because there is a candidate who can really make a difference. No one sells Ron Paul better than Ron Paul himself.

There's a lot of files there to sift through, and you might wonder what the best ones are... There's plenty of gems in there, but I have a couple of particular favorites...

Favorite #1: Free Capitalist Radio Interview (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/rpaudio/RonPaulFreeCapitalistRadioiInterviewQ&A092007.mp3) This interview is great because Ron Paul really discusses a wide range of his platform and really shows the depth of his knowledge. He discusses the various programs that he has to make change in America, and the principles behind these programs. This is top notch stuff that everybody should be familiar with.

Favorite #2: Judge Andrew Napolitano Interview (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/rpaudio/JudgeNapolitanoNationofSheepinterviewDavidAllenSho w092007.mp3) - This is a great clip because it's a third party perspective from a well respected Judge.

These two together on a CD are a very powerful package. We don't need to attack Hillary, or anyone really. We just need to get people interested in learning more about Ron Paul. The man sells himself. You just need to open the door for him.

Start burning those CDs!

katao
10-07-2007, 01:36 AM
I disagree.

It's not that they don't care about the Constitution, it's that to non-activists, the Constitution doesn't have the emotional pull that avoiding Hillary does. It's sad, but true, and comes from the Hannity-type propaganda they hear every day.

OptionsTrader
10-07-2007, 01:38 AM
I disagree.

If people cared, there would be outrage about the military commissions act, patriot act, habeas corpus, posse comitatus, etc.

Since there is not a majority up in arms about assaults on civil liberties, I think it is safe to say that "most people do not care"

Taco John
10-07-2007, 01:43 AM
It's not that they don't care about the Constitution, it's that to non-activists, the Constitution doesn't have the emotional pull that avoiding Hillary does. It's sad, but true, and comes from the Hannity-type propaganda they hear every day.

Rudy is running on the "only I can beat Hillary" message right now. It's going to be a losing formula for him just like "anyone but bush" was a losing formula for the Democrats the last time around. The other problem with the message is that right now, nobody who reads it will believe it. That message isn't going to sell to someone who doesn't know who Ron Paul is. It's going to sound (pardon me) stupid to them. That message doesn't have fidelity.

"Ron Paul: The Champion of the Constitution" does have fidelity. It distinguishes him from every other candidate in the field, because his record there is stellar. The more people learn about his record in protecting the Constitution, the more attractive he becomes.

Faithfulness to the Constitution is the central theme of Ron Paul's message. The grass roots shouldn't stray from this central theme.

katao
10-07-2007, 01:44 AM
The issue is whether we can turn the sheeple into RP supporters to win an election or whether we turn into just another GOP top tier to sell a "fake" message. Sure RP can beat Hillary but it's NEVER something Ron would say himself. He wouldnt even talk about his other GOP rivals on CNN! Its just not in Ron's taste and it's tough to decide whether to usurp his spirit and become one of "them" or to hope the message and the man wins out. It's a real test of good vs. evil.

It's not a fake message. Hillary represents the antithesis of Ron Paul's message - Peace, Prosperity and Freedom.

Sure Ron Paul wouldn't attack Hillary, but he would attack Hillary's plans to continue the war, deny our civil liberties, and provide universal health care.

Taco John
10-07-2007, 01:48 AM
If people cared, there would be outrage about the military commissions act, patriot act, habeas corpus, posse comitatus, etc.

Since there is not a majority up in arms about assaults on civil liberties, I think it is safe to say that "most people do not care"

It's not that people don't care. It's that people feel powerless to do anything about it. That's the feeling that is birthed from socialism: helplessness.

The Constitution is a winning message. We're all going to get a lesson in that now that the other candidates are forced to take stock of Ron Paul. Just watch how their campaigns adopt talking points around The Constituion. But none of them can credibly claim that they are Champions of the Constitution.

I can't for the life of me understand why the grassroots would want to walk out of step with the official campaign on this.

OptionsTrader
10-07-2007, 01:59 AM
I can't for the life of me understand why the grassroots would want to walk out of step with the official campaign on this.

No one is walking out of step.

I am merely saying that the majority (50%+ by definition) does not care. Yet.

katao
10-07-2007, 02:00 AM
Rudy is running on the "only I can beat Hillary" message right now. It's going to be a losing formula for him just like "anyone but bush" was a losing formula for the Democrats the last time around. The other problem with the message is that right now, nobody who reads it will believe it. That message isn't going to sell to someone who doesn't know who Ron Paul is. It's going to sound (pardon me) stupid to them. That message doesn't have fidelity.

"Ron Paul: The Champion of the Constitution" does have fidelity. It distinguishes him from every other candidate in the field, because his record there is stellar. The more people learn about his record in protecting the Constitution, the more attractive he becomes.

Faithfulness to the Constitution is the central theme of Ron Paul's message. The grass roots shouldn't stray from this central theme.

You make some very good points - the strongest being the lack of credibility. That is why I believe that ads attacking Universal Health Care is so important. It provides teeth to the argument.

I don't think the anti-Bush feelings were 1/10th the anti-Hillary feelings in the Republican base today. That is seen in polling, where Donald Duck vs. Hillary gets 40% of the vote.

You are right about the Constitution message mattering, though. It is the substance. It is what Rudy lacks. I'm not arguing that the official campaign change in any way.

I want to believe that the Constitution message is enough, but I've found that it just doesn't connect with the 70%+ of the Republican base that are emotionally attached to their desire for the government to make them safe no matter what the Constitution says.

OptionsTrader
10-07-2007, 02:07 AM
One of the things Ron Paul needs to do in this campaign is education about the wealth, prosperity, and peace that results by closely following the Constitution.

He needs to use his campaign to teach them about what has been going on, and after they are informed, why he is the only candidate that will defend the Constitution.

Sadly, they are not ready for the last step yet.

Education must be first.

buffalokid777
10-07-2007, 02:09 AM
This ABC world news video is a more powerful tool than the only Ron Paul can beat Hillary argument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCiCBjhNR78

Why?

Because the citizens of this country have been conditioned to support the troops for years through MSM.

How many yellow ribbons do you see on cars every day? Hundreds? I know I do.

Now imagine if we could get everyone with a yeallow ribbon on their car to vote for Ron Paul.

The ABC story makes it clear...

RON PAUL RECEIVED MORE DONATIONS FROM THE MILITARY THAN ANY OTHER REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE.

I think "Support the troops by supporting Ron Paul, the presidential candiate the troops support most."

Will convert more of the target audience with that than "Only Ron Paul can beat Hillary"

Here is the one place we can use the MSM conditioning for our cause.

OptionsTrader
10-07-2007, 02:10 AM
"The military loves Ron Paul. Only Ron Paul can defeat Hillary."

buffalokid777
10-07-2007, 02:11 AM
"The military loves Ron Paul. Only Ron Paul can defeat Hillary."

That's nice too.

Broadlighter
10-07-2007, 02:21 AM
It's not the votes of the activists that are going to sway the elections. Calling the non-activists 'sheeple' insinuates that they are stupid and easily led. It's not that they are stupid and easily led, so much as they've made other priorities higher than following the early presidential campaigns. We MUST respect these people and trust that when given sufficient information, they WILL make the most intelligent decision possible for themselves.

The most important campaign messages we should feed them are:

1. Ron Paul has raised more money from military people than all other candidates, Democrat and Republican. This should weigh HUGELY since these people have been and are currently on the front lines of the biggest current issue - The Iraq War.

2. Many leading economists favor Ron Paul over the other candidates. This is the other major issue that concerns non-activists - who is going to benefit my pocketbook more?

It's not enough to hear it from Ron Paul. What gives him credibility is what experts think about him - not the political ones, but the economists. Talk about the inflation tax and how it hurts the poor and the middle class.

3. The message of Freedom and Hope, following the Constitution are important and should not be discarded. However, they should be presented in a general way. Give specifics when asked.

The issues I would stay away from are abortion, school prayer, abolishing departments like the DOE and Homeland security. They are either too divisive or not clearly understood.

The problem is the non-activist voters need time to think about the deeper issues.
They're not inclined to spend the time to learn more about Ron Paul because of priorities - not because they are stupid or don't care.

The only other thing I would do is show how Rudy Giuliani and Hillary Clinton are similar with regards to their positions.

The problem with the MSM's top-tier candidates is that they are all pretty much the same. In an election where we've had 8 years of a Republican Administration and the presumed new candidates look like the old administration, the non-activist voters are going to be more inclined to give the Democrats a chance. They already see that there really isn't much difference between the Republicans and Democrats, but there's enough of a difference for them to believe that there might be a difference.

When you put Ron Paul as the GOP Nominee up against the Democrats, it's very easy to see that he is a real alternative.

The name of the game is definition. The Ron Paul campaign has to do an effective job of defining itself and that also means defining the other campaigns. People will listen to how you define your opponent. The more you can define yourself and the other candidates in terms that people understand, the better Ron Paul's chances will be of winning the GOP Nomination and the General Election.

devil21
10-07-2007, 02:25 AM
It's not a fake message. Hillary represents the antithesis of Ron Paul's message - Peace, Prosperity and Freedom.

Sure Ron Paul wouldn't attack Hillary, but he would attack Hillary's plans to continue the war, deny our civil liberties, and provide universal health care.

Its a fake message if it is NOT what Ron Paul would say. The OP was based on stating directly that RP could beat Hillary. Ron would never say that. Like the NH debate he would say that the GOP will lose but he won't single anyone out as their loser or the winner, just the basic truth. The message can beat Hillary but RP himself will not beat Hillary. It's different.

michaelwise
10-07-2007, 02:52 AM
Excellent thread topic. Only Ron Paul can beat Hillery. I started another thread that said; George Bush Has Till Noon on January 20, 2009 to Win His War . This is one of the reasons why Ron will win.

wbbgjr
10-07-2007, 03:06 AM
Its a fake message if it is NOT what Ron Paul would say. The OP was based on stating directly that RP could beat Hillary. Ron would never say that. Like the NH debate he would say that the GOP will lose but he won't single anyone out as their loser or the winner, just the basic truth. The message can beat Hillary but RP himself will not beat Hillary. It's different.

I think the message that only Ron Paul can beat Hillary shouldn't be the main message, but I think we should throw that out there once in awhile. I think it does resonate with some of the hardcore party line Republicans. It will also give some of those fence sitters another reason to move over to the anti-war Republican side.

Thom1776
10-07-2007, 03:13 AM
Here. Run with it!

Hillary Clinton wants to turn America into the largest socialized country the world has ever seen, involving the government in every aspect of our lives.

Ron Paul will restore America to its Constitutional roots, returning control of our lives to our respective states and us.

Hillary will implement the biggest tax increase in the history of the United States to pay for the super-sized, socialist government that she has planned for us.

Ron Paul will reduce the size of government to Constitutional levels, whereby the IRS and personal income tax will no longer be necessary.

Hillary=socialism
Ron Paul=freedom

GO! GO! GO!

Thunderbolt
10-07-2007, 03:40 AM
I like: Support the troops by supporting Ron Paul, the presidential candiate the troops support most."

I also like Ron Paul is only man for the people, not the corporations.

I also think this thread is fantastic. What a great post! Fantastic. And yes, sorry, but people are very very dumb. I was at a restaurant the other day and the bill came to 19.02. I handed the girl a twenty. She punched it in. Then I handed her a dime. She completely froze. I walked her through it. I said, ok, I have given you a dime to take care of that two cents so that I can get a whole dollar back instead of handful of change. Blank stare. I said, all you have to do now is figure out what ten minus two is. Blank stare. I repeated. Ten minus two. You can do it. A silent minute went by. She then asked, "eight?" I had to praise her for her hard work.

Did you ever see that video where the guy goes to New York and asks people on what date did 9/11 happen? That is what sheeple look like.

I bet not one in 1000 can tell you how the Constitution starts. It is probably much higher. I bet not one in 10,000 can recite an entire amendment, including lawyers. When 9/11 hit, the President of the United States who went to Yale had to be given a globe to find Afghanistan.

No, I don't think being a man who supports the Constitution will mean anything to this second wave.

The only man who can beat Hillary.
The only man who will end the war.
The man who always votes for the people, not big business. and
Support the troops by supporting Ron Paul, the presidential candiate the troops support most.
I also like The Thomas Jefferson of our day, but is that too high brow too? Does TJ mean anything to these people? I bet most will think he plays for a sports team.

Maybe not. But I get it. Short and sweet. And don't forget that tax free tips flier. That really hits the service crowd hard! Casinos, restaurants, taxis, have a bunch with you at all time and a ton of slim jims. I usually try to hand out a bunch of the new slim jims with the flier. http://therobert.org/stuff/rpmq3/TaxFreeTipsFlyer.pdf

That thing is gold!

Thunderbolt
10-07-2007, 04:44 AM
Hey, with this in mind, can some folks here come over the letters to the editor thread: http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22727&highlight=letters+to+the+editor and write a letter or two to send out to papers in NH? Short, pithy, stuff like that?

ClampIt
10-07-2007, 05:39 AM
I like: Support the troops by supporting Ron Paul, the presidential candiate the troops support most."

I also like Ron Paul is only man for the people, not the corporations.

I also think this thread is fantastic. What a great post! Fantastic. And yes, sorry, but people are very very dumb. I was at a restaurant the other day and the bill came to 19.02. I handed the girl a twenty. She punched it in. Then I handed her a dime. She completely froze. I walked her through it. I said, ok, I have given you a dime to take care of that two cents so that I can get a whole dollar back instead of handful of change. Blank stare. I said, all you have to do now is figure out what ten minus two is. Blank stare. I repeated. Ten minus two. You can do it. A silent minute went by. She then asked, "eight?" I had to praise her for her hard work.

Did you ever see that video where the guy goes to New York and asks people on what date did 9/11 happen? That is what sheeple look like.

I bet not one in 1000 can tell you how the Constitution starts. It is probably much higher. I bet not one in 10,000 can recite an entire amendment, including lawyers. When 9/11 hit, the President of the United States who went to Yale had to be given a globe to find Afghanistan.

No, I don't think being a man who supports the Constitution will mean anything to this second wave.

The only man who can beat Hillary.
The only man who will end the war.
The man who always votes for the people, not big business. and
Support the troops by supporting Ron Paul, the presidential candiate the troops support most.
I also like The Thomas Jefferson of our day, but is that too high brow too? Does TJ mean anything to these people? I bet most will think he plays for a sports team.

Maybe not. But I get it. Short and sweet. And don't forget that tax free tips flier. That really hits the service crowd hard! Casinos, restaurants, taxis, have a bunch with you at all time and a ton of slim jims. I usually try to hand out a bunch of the new slim jims with the flier. http://therobert.org/stuff/rpmq3/TaxFreeTipsFlyer.pdf

That thing is gold!
I don't agree with the "no tax on tips" handout as a solution and it comes across to me as pandering to food and beverage workers, which I would like to believe is not RP's intent.

All taxes need to be limited to preserve freedom, for all citizens; not just tips, for food & beverage workers.

Repealing the 16th amendment is the first surgery that the doctor should schedule, then effort needs to be put on immunization. That is not the "Fair Tax" which is unfair and just "another" tax.

TruckinMike
10-07-2007, 05:55 AM
Note # 1

To clarify "Sheeple" and their respective stupidity. One must first understand the principles of operant conditioning.

Does that term conjure up thoughts of Ding Ding ... salivate salivate??? Well it should... Pavlov understood this notion well. We are up against a conditioned mindset, not stupidity. SUn Szu - "Know your enemy"

We do not have enough time or money to re-condition the masses, however we can control their direction by understanding their conditioned state. How do you make a sled dog turn right... Do you holler right right... or do you holler Gee Gee? Understanding their conditioning is paramount. Some of the above posts are right on target... We must use their programming language to direct them... For Democrats its one phrase, Republicans another. Just remember, they are not stupid, just conditioned little pawns. There is NO disrespect here... I was once one of those little pawns(a Hannity Hound), waking up is a process. It took me two years.

Note #2

We are all salesmen in a world of widgits.
The Infamous Zig Zigler, Champion Salesman, says that you must "give to get". So what do we give? We give them what they want. Not what "we" want.

1. Know your audience (dems or repub)
2.give them what they want

Ron Paul has something for everyone.:D

Truckinmike

american.swan
10-07-2007, 06:09 AM

NO CHANGING. THIS IS IT. EVERY RON PAUL SUPPORTER MUST FOLLOW THE SCRIPT.

AMEN.

NEED IT, GOT IT, LOVE IT

We need to make signs with this stuff.

Corydoras
10-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Ron Paul needs some professional stylist and wardrobe people. All sheep care about is that if they have to see you continually for the next four years, you look good on TV.

I've been saying this for long enough that I think maybe the decision not to do this is coming from the very top, which is a pity. Any candidate for any job, whether it be server at Hooters or President of the United States, needs to look like s/he already has the job.
:(

Carol, too... I hate to sound critical of her because she is such a nice lady and as a candidate's wife puts up with so much, but still.

CasualApathy
10-07-2007, 06:35 AM
I think it is a dangerous trend in this freedom movement, and especially among the more conspiratorial crowd, that we now refer to the uninformed as "Sheep". It is a term that has been used a lot, and i think people who use it should be ashamed of themselves.

Realise that not everyone has the same priorities as we do. We are living in a world where many people find it hard even to find time for their own familys because the workload keeps rising. To claim that the vast majority of people are stupid drones is just crazy, and if you think so, you should get out more.

I find that many people have the right ideals, but are simply not paying enough attention to see past the constant spin. You really can't blame people for the fact that they are being lied to constantly, and as a result have a skewed view of things. It is the fault of the media for not delivering the facts and in depth analysis required for people to stay informed. You can not expect the majority of people to go out and do their own research, something which has become easyer with the internet, but which still requires a ton of time.

By calling them "sheep" you imply that we are better then those people. I don't see it that way at all. We are more fortunate perhaps, because we have had our interest sparked, and have had the time to dive into the tangled mess of information and misinformation out there, and haven't completely lost our minds or fallen into despair. We are the fortunate ones, because we have Dr. Paul and hope, many people lack that in the world today.

In the original post, you talk about our brothers and sisters as though they are mindless empty shells. How dare you? How many here haven't been in the same situation at a point in our lives. I myself have only been informing myself for 5 years, before that I was not a dumb empty shell, I can assure you. I basically had the same beliefs I do today, I just didn't see all the hypocracy as clearly as I do now.

It is the whole thought-process behind the term "sheeple" that I object to. We can never move forward while these backward ways of thinking persist.

stevedasbach
10-07-2007, 06:44 AM

Agreed. It is this attitude from politicians that has helped turn people off from politics. Ron Paul doesn't think of people as sheep -- neither should we.

OTOH, the marketing suggestions seem sound.

Ninja Homer
10-07-2007, 06:45 AM
From the official campaign blog:

http://blog.ronpaul2008.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/10/chemo-for-the-g.html

October 07, 2007
Chemo for the GOP: President Hillary

"If Paul doesn't win the GOP nomination, a Clinton victory might be the tough medicine the GOP needs to reform itself back into the party of limited government."

Steven Greenhut, Senior editorial writer and columnist, The Orange County Register, 10/07/07

http://www.ocregister.com/column/party-giuliani-republican-1881369-clinton-gop

It seems to me that campaign HQ supports "Only Ron Paul can defeat Hilary Clinton."

GeorgiaRPFan
10-07-2007, 06:59 AM
"ONLY THIS MAN CAN BEAT HILLARY".

Hmmm. . . . that has paint the town Ron potential. That's a good one. It'd go over well in the South & Midwest.

american.swan
10-07-2007, 09:02 AM
absolutely fantastic...this needs to stay on page one or sticky it.

this is a bump

DrNoZone
10-07-2007, 09:36 AM
As a marketer, I can tell you the best way to sell Ron Paul: by talking about him with your friends and family. Word of mouth is the most powerful marketing vehicle there is. If everyone acts locally by ensuring that their friends and family know about Ron Paul, the rest will take care of itself.

With that note, every Ron Paul fan should be aware of www.RonPaulAudio.com. Go there, download the mp3 files, listen to them yourself, and burn them onto CDs and pass them along to your friends and family. Ask them to listen to them. Tell them this next election is incredibly important because there is a candidate who can really make a difference. No one sells Ron Paul better than Ron Paul himself.

There's a lot of files there to sift through, and you might wonder what the best ones are... There's plenty of gems in there, but I have a couple of particular favorites...

Favorite #1: Free Capitalist Radio Interview (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/rpaudio/RonPaulFreeCapitalistRadioiInterviewQ&A092007.mp3) This interview is great because Ron Paul really discusses a wide range of his platform and really shows the depth of his knowledge. He discusses the various programs that he has to make change in America, and the principles behind these programs. This is top notch stuff that everybody should be familiar with.

Favorite #2: Judge Andrew Napolitano Interview (http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/rpaudio/JudgeNapolitanoNationofSheepinterviewDavidAllenSho w092007.mp3) - This is a great clip because it's a third party perspective from a well respected Judge.

These two together on a CD are a very powerful package. We don't need to attack Hillary, or anyone really. We just need to get people interested in learning more about Ron Paul. The man sells himself. You just need to open the door for him.

Start burning those CDs!

Listen to this man. This is a GREAT strategy. I've done this myself (and picked the FreeCapitalist interview as the centerpiece) and I will be changing it up and doing some more. Make sure to make these audio CD's, not Mp3's, as most people will want to play them in non-MP3 devices.

DrNoZone
10-07-2007, 09:45 AM
I don't agree with the "no tax on tips" handout as a solution and it comes across to me as pandering to food and beverage workers, which I would like to believe is not RP's intent.

All taxes need to be limited to preserve freedom, for all citizens; not just tips, for food & beverage workers.

I think you're dead wrong on this. Yes, ALL taxed on income need to go away. But why not speak (not pander) directly to a crowd when given the tools to do so? RP is about incrementalism, so I think his introduction of this bill speaks loudly of his intent.

In my mind, the Tax Free Tips act is one of the single most effective outreach tools we have right now. I plan to make REAL good use of it.

Triton
10-07-2007, 09:49 AM
I agree very much with the original post. I have just said something very similar in the IQ thread, where apparently 95% of the users here are well above average intelligence. Having the smart people support Dr. Paul is no achievement and nothing for anyone to be proud of. Getting the sheeple to join into this campaign is by far the biggest challenge, and we havnt been doing to well yet. I also think we all need to stop using the term "sheeple", even though i do very much like that term myself.Yeah, but referring to the voters as "sheep", as true as that may be, only gives the enemy another piece of ammo. Very, very poorly worded.

barcop
10-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Calling non-activists "sheep" or "sheeple" = wrong

Calling non-activists "non-activists" = right

apropos
10-07-2007, 09:55 AM
I've always thought of Ron Paul as the 'Modern Founding Father'. That'd be a great label to have.

FreedomLover
10-07-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't like the term "sheep" or "sheeple" at all, and their use should be limited, but the rest of it is dead on.

Ron Paul is great, but his positions can get to be too nuanced for regular people with low attention spans to stomach understanding.

Ron Paul: The only man who can beat hillary

Ron Paul: Support the military by supporting ron paul, most military donors

Ron Paul: A Lobbyist's Worst Nightmare

Ron Paul: Champion of the Constitution

Ron Paul: The only consistent and principled presidential candidate

Ron Paul: The one exception to the gang of 535

Ron Paul: The Thomas Jefferson of our day

Ron Paul: Peace, commerce, and friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none

Ron Paul: The Freedom Candidate

Ron Paul: Doctor. Veteran. Representative. President.

I think these are all winning slogans.

ACJohn
10-07-2007, 10:12 AM
My 2 cents:

Who cares about the “Sheeple” because they for the most part don’t vote and even less so in a primary; what we need is to target people who do vote. We need to identify the likely voters and target the message to them. My assumption is people who make the effort to vote regularly either have a single hot button issue that drives them to vote.

For example” 2 Amendment issue to gun clubs…

John

foofighter20x
10-07-2007, 10:13 AM
How about:

Ron Paul: Security And Freedom. You can have both!
Every other candidate: Security, but at the cost of freedom.

peacemonger
10-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I have to throw my 2 cents in on this line. I think it might be possible that the un-official campaign has a certain advantage over the official campaign for 1 good reason: The official campaign cannot run low down dirty attack ads because that would be considered smear tactics.... but maybe we can!!

Ron Paul is a nice guy and he wants to spread the freedom message. Thats Great. He's Good at that. Lets leave the positive advertising to the official campaign. They are probably the experts at displaying what they stand for.

Maybe we should focus more on the negatives of other candidates. I think we should get those good folks in LA to produce an ad that shows Giuliani in a dress kissing The Donald, making statements like "Freedom is about Authority...blah blah blah", or making comments about abortion, or taking our guns away. We can use the Abortion thing against Mitt too. We can use immigration against McCain. We can state that Fred is just a big Government lobbyist.

I am saying that we have to swift boat these bastards now because the media will not do it willingly. They would prefer to wait until the nominee is chosen to reveal the true dirt. They know that they have sufficient dirt on these candidates now to prevent any of them from getting the elected but they are holding back until the nominee is chosen.

Personally, I think the people at Fox are holding back the dirt on Hillary until she gets the nomination too. Once she gets it, then you will see a flood of women saying Bill raped them and Hillary knew about it but covered it up, and then Vince Foster's family is going to come out and say that they think she shot him and forged the suicide note. Blah Blah Blah.

So, the result will be a 20% national turnout on election day because everyone will be totally disgusted with the choice between the douche bag and he turd sandwich. This exactly what the Media/Government/Industrial complex wants for this nation. They want us divided so they can plunder.

The solution: We, the unofficial campaign, should run the most viscous attack ads possible right now to take down the top tier. The last five seconds should say Vote RON PAUL and that "this ad is sponsored by Citizens for Throwing the Bums Out Political Action Commitee and is not sponsored by any candidate or candidate's committee."

We could even do this cheap because we probably would not have to run it very frequently. If we just run the ad a few times in Iowa and New Hampshire, the MSM will end up discussing the ad for weeks in Primetime TV news channels across the country. The best part is that the Official campaign can honestly say that they had no knowledge of this ad. Everyone already expects Ron Paul supporters to be out of control, so WTF, lets give 'em something to talk about. Let the swift boating begin.

Lets turn this primary election into a Jerry Springer show. Ron Paul is dirt free and Corruption Free so he will win this kind of fight easily.

Ninja Homer
10-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Listen to this man. This is a GREAT strategy. I've done this myself (and picked the FreeCapitalist interview as the centerpiece) and I will be changing it up and doing some more. Make sure to make these audio CD's, not Mp3's, as most people will want to play them in non-MP3 devices.

Another great one is the speech on 9/11/07 at Johns Hopkins School of International Studies. 15 minute speech on non-intervention as policy followed by 45 minutes of great questions.

DrNoZone
10-07-2007, 10:22 AM
The solution: We, the unofficial campaign, should run the most viscous attack ads possible right now to take down the top tier. The last five seconds should say Vote RON PAUL and that "this ad is sponsored by Citizens for Throwing the Bums Out Political Action Commitee and is not sponsored by any candidate or candidate's committee."

An INSANELY stupid idea imho. The message of freedom speak LOUD and CLEAR. Attacking people and playing dirty does too, but not in the way we need!

FreedomLover
10-07-2007, 10:25 AM
My 2 cents:

Who cares about the “Sheeple” because they for the most part don’t vote and even less so in a primary

This is dangerous thinking. In primaries there are a lot of single issue voters, like the gun-owners you mentioned.

BUT, for the most part regular people who don't know much about the issues DO VOTE, in primaries and the general election. It is for the most part the intelligent people in this country who don't vote, because they have come to the conclusion that the game is unwinnable and have been turned off of politics by how many 'dirty' secrets they know about it.

If 90% of the country is considered "sheeple" and about 65% of the country votes...then that's alot more "sheeple" than political junkies. In primaries it is lower, but the result is the same: People who only know about their candidate, and don't care about anything else until the day they vote.

peacemonger
10-07-2007, 10:29 AM
I think it might work. The swiftboat guys and that flop flop windsurfing thing fixed John Kerry. The allegation of fathering a black baby fixed John McCain. The last minute DUI thing almost fixed Bush. I think the American people deserve to know what their candidates are really about and they are not getting the info.

FreedomLover
10-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Lets turn this primary election into a Jerry Springer show. Ron Paul is dirt free and Corruption Free so he will win this kind of fight easily.

Ron Paul stops being "dirt free" when you add his name to these negative attack ads.

We don't want to bring ron paul down with the rest of the bunch, this is a bad idea.

peacemonger
10-07-2007, 10:33 AM
We just have to disagree about this. Its cool. I think attack ads would work. The MSM is treating these candidates too nicely right now, I think.

ACJohn
10-07-2007, 10:35 AM
I still say sheep don't vote let alone register
voter turnout numbers (55.3 % of registered voters in 2004 not 65 % and primary numbers are even lees still looking for those)

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781453.html

peacemonger
10-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I still stand by the attack ads idea in some form or another.

I still say sheep don't vote let alone register
voter turnout numbers (55.3 % of registered voters in 2004 not 65 % and primary numbers are even lees still looking for those)

I agree, I think we don't need that many votes to win this Primary thing. Its the activists who vote in primaries and I would like to convince the activists for the other republicans that their candidates are dirty. How many conservative Republicans in Giuliani's 30% majority do you think have ever seen him in drag 3 or 4 times. My guess is 0%. A good attack ad could make these activists a little more apathetic.

I could be wrong... but I don't think so.

ACJohn
10-07-2007, 10:57 AM
not too sure of the source but interesting
http://elections.gmu.edu/Voter_Turnout_2004_Primaries.htm

peacemonger
10-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Based on that information... By my calculations we can count on needing 35-40k votes to win Iowa, and 70-75k to win New Hampshire this time.

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't like the term "sheep" or "sheeple" at all, and their use should be limited

I think there are different levels of being a "sheep"

Informed political activists consider uninformed voters to be "sheep"
People that have investigated WTC7 consider many Ron Paul supporters to be "sheep"
People that have studied the Van Allen radiation belts consider many 911 conspiracy theorists to be "sheep"

baaaaah

:p

dude58677
10-07-2007, 01:39 PM
How about "Ron Paul, the only politician with integrity"?

But I like Ron Paul=Thomas Jefferson from an earlier post.

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 01:48 PM
You make some very good points - the strongest being the lack of credibility. That is why I believe that ads attacking Universal Health Care is so important. It provides teeth to the argument.

I don't think the anti-Bush feelings were 1/10th the anti-Hillary feelings in the Republican base today. That is seen in polling, where Donald Duck vs. Hillary gets 40% of the vote.

You are right about the Constitution message mattering, though. It is the substance. It is what Rudy lacks. I'm not arguing that the official campaign change in any way.

I want to believe that the Constitution message is enough, but I've found that it just doesn't connect with the 70%+ of the Republican base that are emotionally attached to their desire for the government to make them safe no matter what the Constitution says.

I don't think people understand how allowing our government to get away from the Constitution can impact them. The same thing goes for the Patriot Act, the loss of habeas corpus, warrantless wiretaps and all the rest. For some reason, they only see this impacting who they believe to be bad guys. They don't for a minute think that it will be used on them or their families. It's amazing, actually. Many of these same people don't trust the government on other issues. They're mad as hell about the repeated push for amnesty and the lack of enforcing our immigration laws, but for some reason they are willing to trust those same people with their very freedom. Weird. The lightbulb has just not gone off yet.

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 01:53 PM
The reality is that Paul is the only candidate who has verifiable traditional conservative positions, right down the line. The others are largely, pretenders. If we could get this out, the others really would not stand a chance.

work2win
10-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Great info in the original post. I don't think we have to change much or sacrifice our principles to accommodate this strategy. We just need to simplify and focus the message a little. I think the previous posters are right about Paul's identity message. It's been right in front of us the whole time and surrounds the campaign. The Dr. even said it himself:
Champion of the Constitution

First off, it has the word "champion" in it, which means winner. Second, I think it suggests that he is a different kind of candidate. People don't have to care about the constitution to know that they don't hear people talking about it these days (of course VERY recently, it has become more popular..hmmmm...). Being different is what will attract non-activists this election. For this reason, I am not too hot for "Hope for America" because it sounds like just another lame campaign slogan that we've been hearing for decades. Ditto for "The people's choice."

It's time to ditch the "who is Ron Paul?" and ratchet up the confidence and appearance of sucess and support. Time to start thinking pack mentality. We now want people to want to find out who he is not because they saw a "google Ron Paul" sticker, but because they see all these RP presidential signs, etc., and they feel like they might be missing the bandwagon!

They ask: "who is Ron Paul?" (already know he is running for Pres. cause they have seen signs,etc)
answer: "He is the Champion of the Constitution. He is the Thomas Jefferson of our day."

The message has been planted and the curiosity hook set. Expand from here if the situation warrants it.

They ask: "Can he win?" (VERY common)
Answer: "Of course he can win. He's VERY popular!"

Forget arguing why, it will go right over their heads and sounds like excuses/justification anyways.

I think the Hillary angle should be used carefully. We don't want to over-use it, because that is not the main message we want to convey, and it doesn't always go over well. The very people I thought this angle would work on, it didn't. They didn't think there was any chance of Hillary winning! We should use this angle tactfully so it becomes something nagging the fence-sitters in the back of their mind.

I do NOT think attack ads would be a good idea. This goes against what Ron Paul stands for. The Swift Boat Vets were a special case. They were not supporting any candidate, and it was VERY obvious that their motivations were PERSONAL, not political. Their ads did not come off as pity political attacks.

shadowhooch
10-07-2007, 02:38 PM
This thread is EXCELLENT and should be stickied.

When someone asks you "who is Ron Paul?",
THE MOST IMPORTANT SENTENCE you say is the very first one.

I love the suggestions. My favorites so far:

Ron Paul is the Presidential candidate the troops support the most.
Ron Paul is the only Presidential candidate for the people instead of Corporations.
Ron Paul is the champion of the Constition and the Thomas Jefferson of our day.
Ron Paul is the only one who can beat Hillary Clinton.

TruckinMike
10-07-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm a second tier "sheep".

Truckinmike

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm a second tier "sheep".

Truckinmike

I think I'm at level 7-8 at this point :rolleyes:

davidkachel
10-07-2007, 03:22 PM
What Ron Paul is doing is working EXTREMELY well. To change it would be idiocy.
As for the "sheeple": I've got news for you folks... for the last forty years I thought all of you were the sheeple!
I believed I was the only person left in American who gave a damn about rights, liberty and freedom and I hated all of you (and I mean genuinely HATED) for being so eager to give away my freedom, along with your own, in exchange for bread and circuses.
Over just the last few weeks I have come to realize that not only am I not the last person in America who understands and wants freedom, there are tens of thousands of us. I am stunned, thrilled and encouraged and believe that there are tens of thousands more and that this revolution can actually succeed.
The last thing we need to do is assume everyone else is an idiot too stupid to understand the message of freedom and who needs to be sold like a bar of soap. Ron Paul does not treat anyone with that kind of disrespect and neither should we. If they can't understand the message, move on to the next person.
Ron Paul deserves nothing less than to walk into the White House with 100% of the moral high ground.

ACJohn
10-07-2007, 03:23 PM
I am a level 6 RP Paladin. Now where did I put my sword of truth. :)

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 03:34 PM
I am a level 6 RP Paladin. Now where did I put my sword of truth. :)

N-Con: *casts polymorph*

RP: *casts mass-dispel*

I should stop playing WoW :D

Freedom
10-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Let me propose a combination of two of the phrases,

"Because Ron Paul is the Champion of the Contitution, only he can beat Hillary Clinton".

The word "because" is a very powerful word when trying to convince someone. It makes them more accepting of the conclusion. They're thinking, so why is he the only one who can beat Hillary Clinton? Oh, it's BECAUSE he is the Champion of the Constitution.

TruckinMike
10-07-2007, 04:25 PM
back on message...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2089/1509675990_7fae80799a.jpg

Truckinmike

work2win
10-07-2007, 04:47 PM
The last thing we need to do is assume everyone else is an idiot too stupid to understand the message of freedom and who needs to be sold like a bar of soap. Ron Paul does not treat anyone with that kind of disrespect and neither should we. If they can't understand the message, move on to the next person.

I don't think the idea is to change the message at all, nor to dumb it down. The idea is just to capture the message in a simple, focused starting point, and then branch out from there. Think of it as the Cliff's Notes for the Paul campaign. I know when people have asked me before: "who is ron paul?" I got sort of jammed up...I mean, where do you start? He has so many well thought-out positions on so many things.

So, by starting out with the focused message, you get the most important thing across no matter how long you have someones attention. Nobody is saying we should STOP there, just that we START. This will only help us on all fronts.

work2win
10-07-2007, 04:57 PM
back on message...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2089/1509675990_7fae80799a.jpg

Truckinmike

Wow. That deffinitely has the punch we need.

davidkachel
10-07-2007, 05:06 PM
I know when people have asked me before: "who is ron paul?" I got sort of jammed up...I mean, where do you start?

How about just, "Ron Paul is the first presidential candidate in half of century who talks about restoring the Constitution."

davidkachel
10-07-2007, 05:07 PM
How about...
Freedom has a name and that name is Ron Paul.

work2win
10-07-2007, 05:17 PM
How about just, "Ron Paul is the first presidential candidate in half of century who talks about restoring the Constitution."

That was before I read this thread. I am good-to-go now. I am going to stick with "Champion of the Constitution" and "The Thomas Jefferson of our time" openers. Even if they don't care about either, it should make an impression and generate curiosity. If they do care, then it's all downhill from there.

Paulitician
10-07-2007, 06:07 PM
There need not be any dumbing down of the message. We just need to make it concise and mold it to the best interest of every American.

I think the slimjims are a perfect example of this. As for a general slogan... I don't like "the only one who can beat Hillary." It's too presumptuous. Something like "taxpayers' best friend" is good

AdamT
10-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Ron Paul: the candidate you've been looking for.

Optimist
10-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Ron Paul will lead America back to her principles.
Ron Paul will return the government to its Constitutional limits.
Ron Paul will restore individual freedom to Americans, and will reduce taxes.
Ron Paul is the only Republican who can beat the Democrats in November!

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 08:50 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/ronpaulfan/Choose_Ron_Paul.gif

Corydoras
10-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Ron Paul is that freedom guy.

Leslie Webb
10-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Champion of the Constitution is the Ron Paul brand. It says more than "Who is Ron Paul?" or "Google Ron Paul". Great design, I'd like to see lots of signs and T-shirts with this design and slogan.

rpfreedom08
10-07-2007, 09:31 PM
I don't know about you guys but I was thinking about this exact same thing last night as a matter of fact and came up with this. "support our troops, vote ron paul". Everyone right now is effected by the war in one way or another and EVERYONE "supports" the troops. I say we let them know witch candidate really supports the troops!

I was thinking about doing something like this for a tshit. on the front put "Support our troops, vote Ron Paul" with perhaps a picture of him (name and face recognition). Then on the back put his saying:
"we just marched in we can just come home"
-Ron Paul

What do you guys think?

speciallyblend
10-07-2007, 09:34 PM
I don't know about you guys but I was thinking about this exact same thing last night as a matter of fact and came up with this. "support our troops, vote ron paul". Everyone right now is effected by the war in one way or another and EVERYONE "supports" the troops. I say we let them know witch candidate really supports the troops!

I was thinking about doing something like this for a tshit. on the front put "Support our troops, vote Ron Paul" with perhaps a picture of him (name and face recognition). Then on the back put his saying:
"we just marched in we can just come home"
-Ron Paul

What do you guys think?

GREAT IDEA MAKE MY SHIRT NOW:)

dc74rp
10-07-2007, 11:56 PM
Personally, I think the people at Fox are holding back the dirt on Hillary until she gets the nomination too. Once she gets it, then you will see a flood of women saying Bill raped them and Hillary knew about it but covered it up, and then Vince Foster's family is going to come out and say that they think she shot him and forged the suicide note. Blah Blah Blah.

I believe Rupert Murdoch, who owns Fox, is a Hillary supporter:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/61faabde-deb8-11da-acee-0000779e2340.html

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/577ecd2e-dfc2-11da-afe4-0000779e2340.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/05/09/politics/main1600694.shtml

And Edwards was also accused of being paid by Murdoch:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0807/5345.html/stories/2006/05/09/politics/main1600694.shtml

Noog
10-07-2007, 11:57 PM
I believe Rupert Murdoch, who owns Fox, is a Hillary supporter:

Fox News had it's highest ratings during the Clinton administration. He would love another 8 years.

RobotJaxxon
10-08-2007, 03:19 AM
How about:

"Ron Paul: Only Integrity Defeats Hillary"

By this statement, Ron Paul isn't doing anything violent or vicious. Just stating a fact that happens to be mentioned right after his name. Integrity is also the weakness-in the public eye-of the mainstream Republican candidates.

Perhaps there's a better word than defeats, and it would be nice if it had a word to replace Hillary, but that everyone (or at least the republican base) knows refers to hillary. The Queen? The Dark Princess? heh.

fj45lvr
10-08-2007, 04:16 AM
yeah this message is a good one for sure

what is so disturbing to be a person that educates yourself and is politically aware is that your SINGLE vote is only the equal to another single vote cast BECAUSE:

the candidate is good looking or handsome
the candidate is a good public orator
the candidate is female
the candidate is mormon
the candidate is well known.

who said herding squirrels was easy??

rpfreedom08
10-08-2007, 06:27 AM
GREAT IDEA MAKE MY SHIRT NOW:)

lol ok, well I'll create it this week at an online place and see what you guys think. I just don't think anyone really cares about the word integrity or anything else that really does matter. They are again sheep so they need it in terms of simplisity as well as what apeals to everyone and supporting the troops is the best thing we can link to ron paul at this time.