PDA

View Full Version : Domestic Assults up on Valentine's Day

Matt Collins
02-15-2010, 11:42 PM
This is almost comical...

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/domestic-assaults-valentines-day

Kludge
02-15-2010, 11:45 PM
Well, let´s just be happy you´re okay, friend.

t0rnado
02-15-2010, 11:46 PM
The title should be "Valentine's Day Domestic Assaults Up" not "Domestic Assaults Up on Valentine's Day". It would've been funny if there were actually more domestic assaults on Valentines day than on any other day of the week.

Anti Federalist
02-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Well, let´s just be happy you´re okay, friend.

Lulz @ Kludge

InterestedParticipant
02-15-2010, 11:48 PM
They want us to think that we are evil. I think the story is bogus, or they are attempting to high light specific instances to paint a picture that is more bleak than things really are.

In short, if we are going to turn on each other in the future, as they want us to, then they're going to have to convince us that we're all just evil and need to be managed by experts.

Matt Collins
02-16-2010, 12:03 AM
The title should be "Valentine's Day Domestic Assaults Up" not "Domestic Assaults Up on Valentine's Day". It would've been funny if there were actually more domestic assaults on Valentines day than on any other day of the week.
You are correct. My bad. Sorry, I am exhausted and should've paid a bit closer attention. Thanks for catching that.

t0rnado
02-16-2010, 12:10 AM
You are correct. My bad. Sorry, I am exhausted and should've paid a bit closer attention. Thanks for catching that.

Nah, the guy that wrote the article was just being sensationalist.

Matt Collins
02-16-2010, 12:52 AM
Nah, the guy that wrote the article was just being sensationalist.
DUH!!!

Why do you think I posted it here?!?!? ;):p:D:cool:

MelissaWV
02-16-2010, 07:01 AM
What's funny about this?

Also, you're missing an "a"...

LittleLightShining
02-16-2010, 07:42 AM
What's funny about this?

Also, you're missing an "a"...That's what I was wondering, too. Some people have a really twisted sense of humor.

purplechoe
02-16-2010, 08:03 AM
That's what I was wondering, too. Some people have a really twisted sense of humor.

Get back into Plato's cave woman!

:)

Elwar
02-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Actually, when I was on the grand jury several years ago around the time of Valentine's Day it seemed like there were so many crimes committed on Feb 14. It was a Saturday and crime does usually go up on Friday and Saturday but it seemed heightened on that day.

Though, that could be the full moon/baby born affect as well...

Kludge
02-16-2010, 08:36 AM
What's funny about this?

That's what I was wondering, too. Some people have a really twisted sense of humor.

This is almost comical...

Nobody´s laughing... out loud.

Matt Collins
02-16-2010, 09:58 AM
What's funny about this?

Nobody´s laughing... out loud.
Exactly. I didn't say it was funny, I said it was almost funny. But then again I grew up reading News of the Weird (http://www.newsoftheweird.com/)