PDA

View Full Version : Philly Rally contact thread!!!

Sematary
10-07-2007, 12:01 AM
To make the Philadelphia Rally on November 10 the biggest, baddest, most AWESOME rally of the year, we are ALL going to need to get the word out. It's only a month away and while we the campaign is working with Tom from Pittsburgh on the details, we need to get the word out. This rally should be able to bring people from Maine to Florida and as far west as the Ohio Valley and down to Missouri and up to Michigan. All of those places are within driving distance of Philly so here is a comprehensive list of the states. Are any of you here from these states? Please contact meetups in those states and have this event added to your meetup.

Here are the states. I'll work on Ct. :)
Maine
New Hampshire
Masachusetts
Rhode Island
Vermont
New York
Ohio
Pennsylvania
West Virginia
Indiana
Illininois
Kentucky
Tennessee
Mississippi
Alabama
Georgia
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Florida
Louisiana
New Jersey
Delaware
D.C.
Maryland

ALL of those are within driving distance of Philadelphia

If you are from further away - considering putting this event on your calendar and perhaps flying or carpooling! We want to invade Philadelphia and give the campaign an event it will never forget!

Sematary
10-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Hello? ???

austin356
10-07-2007, 02:53 AM
post too late.

thehittgirl
10-07-2007, 05:59 AM
I'm assistant organizer to one group..I posted the event. I'll notify the other area groups :)

Nefertiti
10-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Can you post information we can use to list the event on Meetups, ie date, time, place etc.?

walt
10-07-2007, 06:43 AM
To make the Philadelphia Rally on November 10 the biggest, baddest, most AWESOME rally of the year, we are ALL going to need to get the word out. It's only a month away and while we the campaign is working with Tom from Pittsburgh on the details, we need to get the word out. This rally should be able to bring people from Maine to Florida and as far west as the Ohio Valley and down to Missouri and up to Michigan. All of those places are within driving distance of Philly so here is a comprehensive list of the states. Are any of you here from these states? Please contact meetups in those states and have this event added to your meetup.

Here are the states. I'll work on Ct. :)
Maine
New Hampshire
Masachusetts
Rhode Island
Vermont
New York
Ohio
Pennsylvania
West Virginia
Indiana
Illininois
Kentucky
Tennessee
Mississippi
Alabama
Georgia
N. Carolina
S. Carolina
Florida
Louisiana
New Jersey
Delaware
D.C.
Maryland

ALL of those are within driving distance of Philadelphia

If you are from further away - considering putting this event on your calendar and perhaps flying or carpooling! We want to invade Philadelphia and give the campaign an event it will never forget!

Have you tried actually telling anyone in Philadelphia? :D

inibo
10-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Can you post information we can use to list the event on Meetups, ie date, time, place etc.?

Yes, please.

It's already been posted on several Maryland/DC area Meetup Lists, but I'll be happy to do it again. Do we have anything resembling a list of speakers yet?

You've said elsewhere that Ron Paul 2008 PCC is on board with this, right?

Sematary
10-07-2007, 07:57 AM
I'm assistant organizer to one group..I posted the event. I'll notify the other area groups :)

What state?

Sematary
10-07-2007, 07:58 AM

The exact times of the event have not been finalized as of yet. The date is November 10, 2007
The Venue is Independence Mall (block 2)
I'll see if someone from the area can help me pull up a map of the area to post here.

Sematary
10-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Yes, please.

It's already been posted on several Maryland/DC area Meetup Lists, but I'll be happy to do it again. Do we have anything resembling a list of speakers yet?

You've said elsewhere that Ron Paul 2008 PCC is on board with this, right?

The campaign has actually taken over the final planning stages. They are inviting speakers, etc...

abstrusezincate
10-07-2007, 09:24 AM
I can offer some clarity here, but not as much as you might like. This event is being organized by the PCC, as a result of the victory of the Philadelphia group in the Meetup competition, and it is confirmed for November 10th.

Details are being finalized, but we need as many people to come out as possible. We want to pack Independence Mall, and that probably means 6,000 people. You can be sure PA is going to do everything possible to turn out all of our supporters, and more importantly, people who haven't yet heard the message.

But, we want friends. Lots of them. That's where you come in. :) We will need people coming from up and down the east coast, and other points, to be there also.

Expect to hear more details in the next week or so, but this is going to happen and it will be big. If you can be there on the 10th, you're going to want to be.

Sematary
10-07-2007, 04:20 PM
bump and bump some more. Contact all the meetups you can, folks!!!!

inibo
10-07-2007, 04:24 PM
The campaign has actually taken over the final planning stages. They are inviting speakers, etc...

Well, I hope they don't wait till the day before to post it on the event page of the web site like they did for the Morgan State Debate, or leave it off completely like they did for JHU.

Anyway I'm going to start recruiting friends to go before they make plans for that weekend and I'd like to be able to give them some more definite information on speakers and such.

ross11988
10-07-2007, 04:24 PM
My meetup is working to try and get a bus, other wise you got at least 30 people from my area going!!

AFTFNJ
10-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Bus is a great Idea maybe we can have BUSES going from NJ / NY area!!?!?!?!?

Sematary
10-07-2007, 05:27 PM
My meetup is working to try and get a bus, other wise you got at least 30 people from my area going!!

AWESOME!!!
Can you get ahold of some meetups in your state? What state are you in, anyway?

brandon
10-07-2007, 05:28 PM
This event is going to be the premier rally of the entire campaign. This has HUGE potential.

Please, if you have the means to travel to philly, do so. We need you. This will be a rally of historic proportions, for the most important and fluent freedom movement of possibly our lifetime.

brandon
10-07-2007, 05:29 PM

Yes, that is an excellent idea. The responsibility for this really falls with the local meetups in the area of departure. Hopefully people get on board and start getting busses!

ross11988
10-07-2007, 05:38 PM
AWESOME!!!
Can you get ahold of some meetups in your state? What state are you in, anyway?

Pennsylvania.

zebov
10-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Ok, maybe I'm crazy, but how about us advertising this event in the Philly area in newspapers, etc.?

"See the man being called the Thomas Jefferson of our day -- the only presidential candidate who can beat Hillary issue by issue, voter by voter. Ron Paul will be speaking at a FREE event November 10, HH:MM, at LOCATION. Don't miss this historic opportunity to make an impact on your country. Come find out what all the excitement is about!"

brandon
10-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Ok, maybe I'm crazy, but how about us advertising this event in the Philly area in newspapers, etc.?

"See the man being called the Thomas Jefferson of our day -- the only presidential candidate who can beat Hillary issue by issue, voter by voter. Ron Paul will be speaking at a FREE event November 10, HH:MM, at LOCATION. Don't miss this historic opportunity to make an impact on your country. Come find out what all the excitement is about!"

Yea that is a great idea. People are supposed to be working on this, but i'm not sure if they are. I think we are still waiting on some info from campaign HQ before we can proceed.

Sematary
10-07-2007, 06:06 PM

As soon as we have something to advertise then I'm sure we'll be looking at all types of advertising venues.

abstrusezincate
10-07-2007, 06:40 PM
It is my hope, actually, that once we have those details set, that some enterprising peolpe can do some major advertising for this in the Philly Inquirer, as well as other papers. :)

Spirit of '76
10-07-2007, 06:59 PM
I'll get it out to the WV groups.

Sematary
10-07-2007, 09:15 PM
I'll get it out to the WV groups.

Thanks. :D

Sematary
10-08-2007, 05:35 AM
bump

Sematary
10-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Anyone else going to help spread the word on this?

Sematary
10-08-2007, 11:01 PM
really? This is it?
WHO is going to show up at this rally? It's only a month away. Are we gonig to have 5000 or 1000?

New York Central
10-13-2007, 08:00 PM
I'll be there regardless of weather or circumstances, this is my priority for November 10 which also happens to be the Marine Corp's birthday.

I can't think of a better stage for Ron Paul. The birthplace of our freedoms and liberty.

We have a full month to make this the biggest Ron Paul event by far. The timing is right, there will be less than 2 months after that date until they start the primaries. Someone here wondered how many, 1000, 5000? Wow, you're shooting too low. 10,000+ or bust. No time to slack here, I see Philadelphia as a major event. I would love this also to be the place we hear RP's version of "the speech".

I'm waiting for that one speech that is heard by America and understood by the masses. There's no need to rally the base, no need to confuse the masses with the federal reserve puzzle. I would cover alot of bases but stay away from those really complex ones. I consider myself an intelligent person and it took me some time to research and understand how those "fringe" topics work and inter-relate with everything else. RP has so much to talk about, this country is a mess. Stick to those things people understand, there's plenty of fodder there.

thehittgirl
10-13-2007, 08:05 PM
What state?

I'm in NY, Hudson Valley area.

TexMac
10-13-2007, 08:26 PM
I'll be there regardless of weather or circumstances, this is my priority for November 10 which also happens to be the Marine Corp's birthday.

I can't think of a better stage for Ron Paul. The birthplace of our freedoms and liberty.

We have a full month to make this the biggest Ron Paul event by far. The timing is right, there will be less than 2 months after that date until they start the primaries. Someone here wondered how many, 1000, 5000? Wow, you're shooting too low. 10,000+ or bust. No time to slack here, I see Philadelphia as a major event. I would love this also to be the place we hear RP's version of "the speech".

I'm waiting for that one speech that is heard by America and understood by the masses. There's no need to rally the base, no need to confuse the masses with the federal reserve puzzle. I would cover alot of bases but stay away from those really complex ones. I consider myself an intelligent person and it took me some time to research and understand how those "fringe" topics work and inter-relate with everything else. RP has so much to talk about, this country is a mess. Stick to those things people understand, there's plenty of fodder there.

Where are you? I'm in the Fingerlakes area.

ACJohn
10-13-2007, 08:48 PM
I sent a message to the NJ meet-up organizer

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/605/

Sematary
10-13-2007, 08:58 PM
I sent a message to the NJ meet-up organizer

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/605/

Thankyou.

Sematary
10-14-2007, 05:21 AM
bump

Thunderbolt
10-14-2007, 05:36 AM
We are frozen until we have an exact date, place and time. Please don't let the campaign drag their feet on this one! We can't do anything if they don't finalize it until a week before!

New York Central
10-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Where are you? I'm in the Fingerlakes area.

I live in Bethelehem PA which is a little bit more than an hour away from Philadelphia. I am willing to quarter a few people for the evening prior and/or evening of the Phila event.

I will also to talk to the meet-up members here in Allentown PA this week regarding van-pooling from my area to the event and back.

New York Central
10-14-2007, 08:39 AM
We are frozen until we have an exact date, place and time. Please don't let the campaign drag their feet on this one! We can't do anything if they don't finalize it until a week before!

HUGE suggestion here, don't start this event too early in the day and here is why. With the expected amount of travelers to this event it would be better for those who plan on driving anywhere from 3-6 hours if it were an early afternoon event, give them time to drive and also not force them to seek costly shelter, that's less money for donations and more money for hotels.

As I stated in my previous post I am more than willing to house people the two nights surrounding the event. It is the very least I can do for those of you putting out the effort to be there.

Sematary
10-14-2007, 08:43 AM

You already HAVE the EXACT place and date: Independence Mall, November 10
Most likely 12-4 but POSSIBLY a little earlier or running a little later.

Sematary
10-14-2007, 08:44 AM
HUGE suggestion here, don't start this event too early in the day and here is why. With the expected amount of travelers to this event it would be better for those who plan on driving anywhere from 3-6 hours if it were an early afternoon event, give them time to drive and also not force them to seek costly shelter, that's less money for donations and more money for hotels.

As I stated in my previous post I am more than willing to house people the two nights surrounding the event. It is the very least I can do for those of you putting out the effort to be there.

Perhaps we need a "housing" thread, where people can offer their homes as lodging for the night.

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
10-14-2007, 08:48 AM

Someone suggested in the stickied thread that I take the train in from Lindenwood. Have any suggestions for me?
I am flying in from AZ with a friend and want to coordinate all of this before I fly out.

hopeforamerica
10-14-2007, 08:52 AM
It's been posted all over AZ, but I don't think you'll get a ton from way out here. Also posted on http://freedomsphoenix.com/

Good luck. Wish I could be there!!

AFTFNJ
10-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Someone suggested in the stickied thread that I take the train in from Lindenwood. Have any suggestions for me?
I am flying in from AZ with a friend and want to coordinate all of this before I fly out.

If your flying into EWR...you can take a ride with me.