PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is the "Thomas Jefferson" of our day (campaign branding)

Brent H
10-06-2007, 11:50 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/2980

bbachtung
10-07-2007, 12:11 AM
And only he can beat Hillary.

Kregener
10-07-2007, 12:26 AM
You mean he owns slaves? And grows and smokes cannabis?

;)

Noog
10-07-2007, 12:28 AM
You mean he owns slaves? And grows and smokes cannabis?

;)

Lucky for us most people blissfully ignore those notions...

sylvania
10-07-2007, 12:29 AM
I tend to agree with this article.

There is a part of me that thinks referring to anybody as sheeple is rude, condescending, and elitist...but then I remember myself 4 months ago before I had ever heard of Ron Paul.

Let me explain:

I voted for President Clinton in 1996 because he appeared on MTV and I thought it was cool how relaxed he was about playing a sax with his brother. I thought those MTV Rock the Vote commercials were "powerful".

I didn't vote in 2000. I was living in another country and didn't ever really think about mailing a ballot in.

I've only taken one American History class, and this is including Jr. High and High School, which was African American History 1600 to 1865 and I got a "C" in it. I took it to satisify the American Ideals requirement for my degree. I had never read the constitution until July of 07. I thought American history was boring.

The things I knew about the last election was that my husband got way more joy out of having two votes than I ever did out of having my one vote, so he happily filled out both of our ballots; that Dean Howard (oh, excuse me, Howard Dean - I actually just said Dean Howard 10 min ago to my husband - and was quickly corrected) was the guy who screamed; and finally, that Kerry was the one who lied about a purple heart (nope that was wrong, too, but that was my impression until this day).

It's pretty apparent I could've given a fig about politics before my husband started going off on Ron Paul and I saw him in a debate. So I guess I was one of the sheeple. And everything in that article applied to me - the shopping, the working, etc.

So having been a sheeple, I would say that branding is pretty important. It certainly formed my impressions of past candidates.

I like "Ron Paul is the Thomas Jefferson of our day." It works for the sheeple. It might be a little obscure. I didn't really know much about Thomas Jefferson other than he was our 3rd president. I don't know that they would know what to identify with him, but maybe they'll think of the ideals of our country when it was founded.

I like "Ron Paul is the only one who can beat Hillary Clinton." I think it will work for the GOP and neocons who still need to come on board.

OptionsTrader
10-07-2007, 12:34 AM
///

ronpaulfan
10-07-2007, 12:37 AM
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/2980

In that same thread, someone talked with a marketing firm and they came up with this:

"ONLY THIS MAN CAN BEAT HILLARY"

Memorize that and repeat it as many times as you can to Republicans!!!!