PDA

View Full Version : Hostettler Money Bomb planning

erowe1
02-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Let's get planning on a Hostettler money bomb.

There's one that some other folks at dailyhostettler.com already scheduled for Feb. 22. But I don't think that should count. For one thing, the campaign website doesn't have a real time ticker yet. For another thing, it really doesn't give us enough time to publicize anyway.

Please start sharing any ideas you have.

John Taylor
02-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Let's get planning on a Hostettler money bomb.

There's one that some other folks at dailyhostettler.com already scheduled for Feb. 22. But I don't think that should count. For one thing, the campaign website doesn't have a real time ticker yet. For another thing, it really doesn't give us enough time to publicize anyway.

Please start sharing any ideas you have.

Hostletter's donations are made through PayPal... he needs to get a real ticker up and running.

Who do we have in contact with the campaign on this?

erowe1
02-15-2010, 02:17 PM
I believe there's a contact form on the website. Please do share your thoughts and concerns with them.

itshappening
02-15-2010, 02:57 PM
erowe if you want to help him get on freerepublic, hotair.com and redstate.com and start promoting him.

there are 500+ comments on hotair.com's thread, you need to get the word out about him first

erowe1
02-15-2010, 09:00 PM
What do you think about doing it April Fools Day?

It could have the slogan, "Don't get fooled again." or something, with the idea that conservatives voted in a bunch of Republicans in 1994 who ended up letting them down, and we don't want to repeat that mistake. Hostettler was one of the few from that class of 1994 who stayed true to his principles when his own party was in power.

One big disadvantage of this is that it's after the 1st quarter ends. And we definitely want to be able to report solid 1st quarter funding.

pacelli
02-16-2010, 07:13 AM
What do you think about doing it April Fools Day?

It could have the slogan, "Don't get fooled again."

That is a great idea. Hold a moneybomb for a neocon on April Fools Day. Please, plan on April 1.

erowe1
02-16-2010, 07:23 AM
That is a great idea. Hold a moneybomb for a neocon on April Fools Day. Please, plan on April 1.

He's a paleocon.
http://www.amazon.com/Nothing-Nation-Who-What-Iraq/dp/0980058805

pacelli
02-16-2010, 07:25 AM
He's a paleocon.
http://www.amazon.com/Nothing-Nation-Who-What-Iraq/dp/0980058805

I'm just wondering.. when you throw a moneybomb for someone who voted FOR the patriot act, do you still consider yourself a Ron Paul supporter?

erowe1
02-16-2010, 07:25 AM
I'm just wondering.. when you throw a moneybomb for someone who voted FOR the patriot act, do you still consider yourself a Ron Paul supporter?

Yes. Ron Paul also supports him. Is Ron Paul a Ron Paul supporter?

pacelli
02-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Yes. Ron Paul also supports him. Is Ron Paul a Ron Paul supporter?

Where's the endorsement?

erowe1
02-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Where's the endorsement?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230906

I didn't say he endorsed him, I said he supported him. Until Hostettler files some time in the next couple days, he's not technically a candidate. But I do expect a formal endorsement in the near future.

pacelli
02-16-2010, 08:25 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230906

I didn't say he endorsed him, I said he supported him. Until Hostettler files some time in the next couple days, he's not technically a candidate. But I do expect a formal endorsement in the near future.

I fully support the concept of a "Don't get fooled again" moneybomb for him on April 1. Market it to neocons and teocons on Hannity's Forums.

erowe1
02-16-2010, 08:43 AM
I fully support the concept of a "Don't get fooled again" moneybomb for him on April 1. Market it to neocons and teocons on Hannity's Forums.

Unfortunately, I don't think he'll get much neocon support. The GOP establishment doesn't like him much.

May I ask who you voted for in the 2008 general election?

Slutter McGee
02-16-2010, 09:50 AM

Now I remember why I used to not post much on these forums. Purist trash, the libertarian diahreah of the written word that threatens to resign ourselves to a bunch of pot-protestors in New Hampshire. Is there a liberty candidate in the race? Is there a paleo-con anti war small government conservative in the race? whatever, you have made up your mind.

GO AWAY.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

pacelli
02-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Now I remember why I used to not post much on these forums. Purist trash, the libertarian diahreah of the written word that threatens to resign ourselves to a bunch of pot-protestors in New Hampshire. Is there a liberty candidate in the race? Is there a paleo-con anti war small government conservative in the race? whatever, you have made up your mind.

GO AWAY.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Thank you for reminding me why I will be posting less on these forums. Non-principled compromising trash.

erowe1
02-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Any other suggestions?

And is there anyone here who would like to help with this?

Slutter McGee
02-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Thank you for reminding me why I will be posting less on these forums. Non-principled compromising trash.

non-principled compromising trash = winning

Why thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

TCE
02-19-2010, 09:00 PM
non-principled compromising trash = winning

Why thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Someone who agrees with us most of the time, including on the war issue is someone who we should give SOME support to. Hostettler has principles. Writing a book on why the Iraq war is terrible is what we're looking for. 100% libertarian candidates will ALWAYS, not most of the time, but ALWAYS, 100% of the time, get less than 10%. When people say "we need to stick 100% to our principles, even when someone agrees with us 95% of the time, including on the war," it pisses me off to no end. Anyone who wants to run pure Libertarian candidates can join the LP and enjoy 2% in the General.

Having it on April 1st is a good idea. Hostettler should have somewhat of a broad reach. Enough space from Rand's moneybomb and enough time away from the primary.

erowe1
02-23-2010, 02:17 PM
We're also discussing this in the Facebook group.
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=55158541316&topic=12789

itshappening
02-24-2010, 08:41 AM
my suggestion would be April 5th

we need a sub forum here really and we need to get him more exposure, nationally and in the state

erowe1
03-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Bump.

Are other people on board with this? If so, we need to get working on it. I think we need to get a feel for the level of support we have here to help publicize it before we move forward.