PDA

View Full Version : Theory on why they're always bashing Ron Paul

ronpaulfan
10-06-2007, 11:03 PM
It's obvious many people in the media and the Republican party do not want Ron Paul to win the Republican nomination. But why? From everything everyone is saying, Ron Paul is the only Republican Candidate that could beat Hillary

Alex Jones's interview about this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfJMvQA-Gnk

So if this is true, why won't they just suck it up and openly support Ron Paul? After all, we can guarantee Ron Paul is the best candidate to fix our foreign policy and make the USA respected again..... Many of you are probably thinking they're afraid of him because of potential conspiracy theories he might have, but I tell you now, if there is any truth to any of the major conspiracy theories, validating them and entering them into the history books will destroy this country.

So what then are the most likely reasons they are suppressing Ron Paul? Here is what I think:

He can't be bought and has firm principals. This is probably a scary thought to big corporations that are used to throwing money and lobbyists at politicians to manipulate policy.
He wants our military out of Iraq and other countries. This is also a scary thought to big corporations because although we don't have an official world empire, our military presence in other countries gives them the perks of one (twisted as that may be)
He wants to secure our borders. Infuriatingly, this is unwanted by many businesses of all sizes (not trying to be racist, but the fast food industry, the construction industry and agricultural industries all want more illegal immigrants for slave labor)
For the above reasons, Big Business is manipulating the media and many leading politicians to suppress Ron Paul.

Lastly, I think the big reason the Republicans are so anti-Paul is this:
They want him to lose and then run as a Libertarian because that would eat Hillary's base and someone corrupt like Gouliani could then become President. I'm sure this is what they're counting on.

Please tell me if you agree with this assessment or see any holes in it. If these are the true reasons why Ron Paul is getting stepped on by the media, we need to think up strategies and tactics designed to fight against them!

FreedomLover
10-06-2007, 11:20 PM
It's obvious many people in the media and the Republican party do not want Ron Paul to win the Republican nomination. But why?

Alex Jones's interview about this

You just answered your own question.

heh...But seriously: I think it has a lot to do with the fear that Ron Paul will not be "tough" on terror. Many republicans would switch to ron paul in a heartbeat, but they are frightened that his pullout will both hand a big propaganda"victory" to terrorists groups in the middle east by pulling out and put israel in more danger. They also do not like to admit that the us has made mistakes and are not always on the side of rigtheousness.

As far as media goes, I don't think it's as bad as you think. Ron Paul is not the only one who gets it bad from the MSM every now and then. This is because the "news" has become "news commentary."

Reporter bias is injected into almost everything these days. So the positive things you see on msnbc by tucker carlson or joe scarborugh are counter-acted by john gibson or bill oreilly or wolf blitzer (to a lesser extent)

Of course, I know that RP's message of non-intervention could be a thorn in a lot of powerful sides (defense industries such as lockheed martin, raytheon, etc) who may see it as cutting into their profits, but at this point I don't think they are paying attention to him at all.

fj45lvr
10-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Hey, the leaders of the day in our past have already proven that when a man comes along and exposes them for what they really are that they undoubtedly plot for his demise.

the most famous demonstration was the Crucifiction of Jesus of Nazereth...the leaders didn't go along with the Man having wide popularity and exposing their hypocrisy as the "top tier" pharisees.

To be sure there are many that LOATH Paul for speaking out against the ABUSES they either are apart of OR they acquiesce to.....

Can it be coincidental that there is THAT BIG OF A BLIND SPOT??? (you know "can't see the forest because of the trees"???? I don't think so!!! Paul points it out....fixing it is a entirely other matter).

parocks
10-07-2007, 05:32 AM
Add "bankers"

romelll
10-07-2007, 05:50 AM
Another thing is it it change. People are afraid of change. We have had the same foreign policy for years and some one says "Let's come home" it does not resonate with folks. It takes awhile to sink in but hopefully it will not be to late.

lynnf
10-07-2007, 05:59 AM
It's obvious many people in the media and the Republican party do not want Ron Paul to win the Republican nomination. But why? From everything everyone is saying, Ron Paul is the only Republican Candidate that could beat Hillary

So what then are the most likely reasons they are suppressing Ron Paul? Here is what I think:

He wants to secure our borders. Infuriatingly, this is unwanted by many businesses of all sizes (not trying to be racist, but the fast food industry, the construction industry and agricultural industries all want more illegal immigrants for slave labor)
For the above reasons, Big Business is manipulating the media and many leading politicians to suppress Ron Paul.

here's some supporting information about the business aspects of your proposal:

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/05_29/b3943001_mz001.htm

Embracing Illegals
Companies are getting hooked on the buying power of 11 million undocumented immigrants

excerpt:
At the same time, though, the fast-growing undocumented population is coming to be seen as an untapped engine of growth. In the past several years, big U.S. consumer companies -- banks, insurers, mortgage lenders, credit-card outfits, phone carriers, and others -- have decided that a market of 11 million or so potential customers is simply too big to ignore. It may be against the law for the Valenzuelas to be in the U.S. or for an employer to hire them, but there's nothing illegal about selling to them.

lynn