PDA

View Full Version : Is $5 too much to ask?

LittleLightShining
02-15-2010, 11:20 AM
707 members logged in yesterday. If each of them sent Gunny just $5 he would have raised $3335 for his run. Even a $2 donation from each would have surpassed what he was able to raise yesterday.

qh4dotcom
02-15-2010, 11:31 AM
I sent him $10 last week.

MsDoodahs
02-15-2010, 11:32 AM
707 members logged in yesterday. If each of them sent Gunny just $5 he would have raised $3335 for his run. Even a $2 donation from each would have surpassed what he was able to raise yesterday.

half of 'em are sock puppets. lol...

LittleLightShining
02-15-2010, 11:32 AM
I sent him $10 last week.
Then this isn't directed toward you ;)

MelissaWV
02-15-2010, 11:34 AM
It's going to happen, because there are just too many donation efforts of late. Medina money bomb, money for Rand, money for Schiff, money for Kokesh... at some point people run low/out :(

$5 isn't a lot, but $5 to every candidate on every fundraising opportunity adds up. I did what I could, even if I wished I could do more... and even still I feel a little sad I can't donate to Medina today.

At least some folks also pledged to donate to Gunny later in the week when they get some money, so perhaps this will have a trickling effect for his bottom line :)

jmdrake
02-15-2010, 11:39 AM
It's going to happen, because there are just too many donation efforts of late. Medina money bomb, money for Rand, money for Schiff, money for Kokesh... at some point people run low/out :(

$5 isn't a lot, but $5 to every candidate on every fundraising opportunity adds up. I did what I could, even if I wished I could do more... and even still I feel a little sad I can't donate to Medina today.

At least some folks also pledged to donate to Gunny later in the week when they get some money, so perhaps this will have a trickling effect for his bottom line :)

That! The Gunny moneybomb is important. The Medina moneybomb is an emergency. I promised to send Gunny some money and I will. I think others are in the same boat.

msmccain
02-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Yea, there really are so many races that are important to the movement and the Republic, donors are spreading it thin. If there were just 10 big time donors that could drop the full federal limit for the different candidates you'd be looking at up to $48,000 a candidate if all 10 gave.

jmdrake
02-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Ok. I thought about it and LLS is right. I can spare and extra $5 or $10. The problem is PayPal won't process my gift card like Medina would. :( So I'm sending a check. It won't be part of today's total, but it should still help.

aclove
02-15-2010, 11:53 AM
There are two main reasons that the November 5th and December 16th events during Ron Paul's campaign were so huge.

1.) Everyone was focused on just one campaign (obviously)

2.) They were over a month apart, and people had time to save up.

With multiple candidates doing multiple money bombs, they're coming pretty hard and fast, like once every couple weeks, or some months, once a week. Our people are just ordinary people, and they don't have the cheddar for that. They just don't.

This is something we'll have to figure out, though, because hopefully, we'll only have more and more candidates running, and because we're a threat to the system, we'll NEVER get the kind of PAC money the statists are being offered.

Incidentally, I have $25 to Gunny on Friday.

LittleLightShining
02-15-2010, 12:06 PM
With multiple candidates doing multiple money bombs, they're coming pretty hard and fast, like once every couple weeks, or some months, once a week. Our people are just ordinary people, and they don't have the cheddar for that. They just don't.

Sometimes I think we're too focused on big donations. I know people are spread thin. I don't have all kinds of dough just waiting to be spent on something. I guess my point is that every little bit helps. $5 may not seem like a lot but it adds up.

Thanks to the people who already gave and hoping that others might be inspired to give just a little.

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Gunny, he had no part in this thread whatsoever, nor did anyone else helping him.

Flash
02-15-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm donating later this week once I get the cash.

The problem is PayPal won't process my gift card like Medina would. So I'm sending a check. It won't be part of today's total, but it should still help.

Is that true? I'll have to think about sending it through the mail then.

jmdrake
02-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm donating later this week once I get the cash.

Is that true? I'll have to think about sending it through the mail then.

If you have a regular debit or credit card it should be fine. I was trying to use a pre-paid gift card. And it's possible that I'm not doing something right. :o

Meatwasp
02-15-2010, 12:47 PM
He is suppose to be home this week. Better late than neverI don't have a credit card but I always give money to my son to donate. We both like Gunny.

TCE
02-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Gunny is the first candidate I have seen who is not willing to compromise for anything, period. There is complete transparency in his campaign, and he has a plan for when he gets into the legislature. He is being incredibly frugal with his funds and not throwing them to waste on campaign hacks *coughSchiffcough* Unfortunately, $30 is all I could give, and in fact, it was more than I could give, but even if I have to cut a meal or two a week to help him get into the NC legislature and shake things up, it's worth it.

So, if anyone has even $5.00, please consider giving it to a real champion of freedom.

EDIT: I echo LLS's statement. I don't work for Gunny, I'm not on a payroll, and he is in no way involved in this thread. And no, my account is not a sock puppet ;). Although, claiming I'm not a sock puppet probably looks pretty suspicious.

glenbradley.net