PDA

View Full Version : PPP's "tea party thoughts"

amisspelledword
02-15-2010, 11:19 AM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/02/tea-party-thoughts.html

dont think this was already posted. if it was, i apologize and you have my permission to delete this thread.

no new polls.

So far the most prominent 'Tea Party' candidates getting some traction in their respective GOP primaries don't look like general election liabilities.

Now it should certainly be noted that voters don't really know Rubio, Paul, and Medina yet and it's possible that they could prove to be problem nominees for the GOP.
lets take Bohnson's advice and start mailing those letters to the editor. at least get some name recognition

Here's the big question: should Democrats be giving financial assistance to these 'Tea Party' candidates to get on the ballot as independents? It may seem like an odd concept but Republicans certainly did it with Ralph Nader and that paid off for them. There are going to be a lot of races decided by 4 points or less this fall and right wing independents pulling 5% could get some Democrats reelected....
this is why its important to run in and win republican primaries in my opinion. this, and the fact that many people like myself are too pessimistic to vote 3rd party.