PDA

View Full Version : Jobs

GunnyFreedom
02-15-2010, 06:24 AM
A little project I was toying with this AM..... thoughts?

http://glenbradley.net/nchouse2010/dontherm/02Feb/jobs.gif

IPSecure
02-15-2010, 06:31 AM
Well, you asked for thoughts, so here goes...

Nice picture.

Can we spread a positive message, like pockets lined with gold when we restore sound money.

YouTube - The Face of the Next Generation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk05GjcsAU8) This redone, with people moving into homes, instead of leaving.

Elm
02-15-2010, 06:32 AM
Ha ha I like it. Better graphic arts ability than I posses thats for sure. Of course when it came to me losing my job I decided to go with:

Begging on the internet.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=304518344876&ref=nf

phill4paul
02-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Nice Gunny. It'd be neat if it were a side shot of the people standing in line. Then that line could rise like an unemployment graph.

GunnyFreedom
02-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Ha ha I like it. Better graphic arts ability than I posses thats for sure. Of course when it came to me losing my job I decided to go with:

Begging on the internet.
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=304518344876&ref=nf (http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#%21/group.php?gid=304518344876&ref=nf)

ROFL that's hilarious!

Thanks -- if I had spent more time compositing, I could have sharpened the blend and skewed the perspectives a little bit better, but it was kind of a rush job. I'm trying to come up with a graphic to put on my website under the header "Jobs" where I can describe my philosophy for restoring jobs to the State. The above picture won't be it exactly, because it's not quite professional enough for a campaign website.

Obviously I have to avoid copyright material also. Bottom line is I need a graphic for a jobs page, the ROUGH copy of the text follows:

Jobs are one of the most critical issues facing our district and our State today. The citizens of our State and of the 49th district are not truly free to pursue happiness if every waking hour has to be spent pursuing food and rent alone. There can be no doubt that something must be done to lift North Carolina out of the morass of 11% official unemployment and perhaps closer to 20% real unemployment.

Where we go wrong, is by making the mistake of thinking that jobs can be created by weighing onerous tax burdens on our citizens and our small businesses, and then redistributing that money back to a welfare trap that creates more poverty than it eliminates.

Small businesses are the real engines of job creation and growth, not government. When government steps in to overregulate and overtax our small businesses, they either flee overseas, shot down, or never open in the first place.

The myth of government regulation of business is that it is designed to protect the common man. Nothing can be further from the truth. Indeed, there are some regulations which do help the ordinary citizen, these include safety standards for elevators and stairways, some workplace safety regulations, and State level minimum standards for food processing plants and restaurants. However, the vast majority of regulations applicable to the marketplace are actually written by the larger companies and passed by the legislature in an effort to secure a monopoly on the marketplace. That means these companies can charge you more money for fewer services. That means that no competition can stand up and hire more workers to provide a better service at a better price.

There is perhaps no better example of this principle at work than in the North Carolina Health Care Insurance market. It is in fact the Health Insurance lobby which has pushed for regulations in the State Assembly to ban NC Citizens from buying health insurance from out of State.

This means, that those companies authorized for doing business inside of North Carolina can charge whatever they like, and provide only those services they want. If you don't like it, where are you going to go? If the Federal Health Care Bill sponsored by Reid, Pelosi, and Obama passes, then you will be forced under threat of prison to purchase a health care plan from this Government enforced monopoly, which will serve only to turn billionaires into trillionaires and leave you and me with fewer options and even less food on our plates than we have now.

It is time to stand up against the establishment machine that is working in cahoots with the big business corporatist special interests, and restore a free market to North Carolina. Businesses flee offshore because we have abolished the free market in the United States. We can restore the free market in North Carolina and attract businesses to our State, creating jobs and employing North Carolina citizens once again.

GunnyFreedom
02-15-2010, 06:45 AM
Well, you asked for thoughts, so here goes...

Nice picture.

Can we spread a positive message, like pockets lined with gold when we restore sound money.

YouTube - The Face of the Next Generation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk05GjcsAU8) This redone, with people moving into homes, instead of leaving.

Problem is that the point of my story is "Unemployment is skyrocketing, North Carolinians need jobs, and here is how to fix it." Any image I can come up with showing a bunch of happy people at work is copyright material.

GunnyFreedom
02-15-2010, 06:48 AM
Nice Gunny. It'd be neat if it were a side shot of the people standing in line. Then that line could rise like an unemployment graph.

That would be awesome, especially if one could composit the different era's back through time, 70's stagflation with the poodle hair and wide lapels and bad-acid-trip colors, all the characteristics of the 30's 40's 50's 80's 90's etc etc

that would be too durn cool! (a LOT of work tho lol)

YumYum
02-15-2010, 06:54 AM
ROFL that's hilarious!

Thanks -- if I had spent more time compositing, I could have sharpened the blend and skewed the perspectives a little bit better, but it was kind of a rush job. I'm trying to come up with a graphic to put on my website under the header "Jobs" where I can describe my philosophy for restoring jobs to the State. The above picture won't be it exactly, because it's not quite professional enough for a campaign website.

Obviously I have to avoid copyright material also. Bottom line is I need a graphic for a jobs page, the ROUGH copy of the text follows:

You are going to go after Health Insurance Companies? How are you going to approach this? I admire your spunk, but you are attacking the Big Boys. Remember what happened when Hillary as First lady went after the Health Insurance Companies? It was noble idea, but she soon learned how powerful Insurance Lobbies are.

phill4paul
02-15-2010, 06:58 AM
Any image I can come up with showing a bunch of happy people at work is copyright material.

Thanks for that. It's good to start the day w/ a ROFL.:D

IPSecure
02-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Would the unemployment line be a good place to handout Gunny brochures?

coyote_sprit
02-15-2010, 07:16 AM
ROFL that's hilarious!

My amateurish attempt.
http://i46.tinypic.com/k2k209.png

MelissaWV
02-15-2010, 07:30 AM
States with statistically significant employment changes from
December 2008 to December 2009, seasonally adjusted

North Carolina................| 4,048,200 | 3,924,000 | -124,200

Ouchie. So according to the Government (which we know undercounts these things) unemployment in NC is at 11.2%, and employment dropped 124,200 from December to December.

That's a hell of a mess :mad:

phill4paul
02-15-2010, 07:34 AM
States with statistically significant employment changes from
December 2008 to December 2009, seasonally adjusted

North Carolina................| 4,048,200 | 3,924,000 | -124,200

Ouchie. So according to the Government (which we know undercounts these things) unemployment in NC is at 11.2%, and employment dropped 124,200 from December to December.

That's a hell of a mess :mad:

Here in Catawba it's estimated at 15.6%. Hell of a mess, indeed.

GunnyFreedom
02-15-2010, 09:41 AM
Been up 24 hrs, will answer everyone in turn when I am conscious and cognitive again in abt 8 hrs