PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry was a Democrat until he was 40 years old.

sofia
02-14-2010, 10:14 PM
What percentage of Texas Republican know that Slick Rick was a Democrat assemblyman up until age 40?..and a Gore for President supporter in 1988?

I knew that we know it.....but I wonder what percentage of Texas Repubs know it.....

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Reminds me of neo-con Norm Coleman, who was booted out as Senator here in Minnesota during the last election. Unfortunately, we got Al Franken, but Coleman was a Dem for many years before switching parties, bringing his terrible views with him.

TexFootballMom
02-14-2010, 10:35 PM
What percentage of Texas Republican know that Slick Rick was a Democrat assemblyman up until age 40?..and a Gore for President supporter in 1988?

I knew that we know it.....but I wonder what percentage of Texas Repubs know it.....

I'm a Texan and I knew. But very few do to answer your question.

Few know he attended a Bilderberg meeting by invitation either.

But, because of supporting Medina, I have learned a LOT about our gov that I did not know.

Texan4Life
02-14-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm a Texan and I knew. But very few do to answer your question.

Few know he attended a Bilderberg meeting by invitation either.

But, because of supporting Medina, I have learned a LOT about our gov that I did not know.

+1

+1

and +1

John Taylor
02-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Reminds me of neo-con Norm Coleman, who was booted out as Senator here in Minnesota during the last election. Unfortunately, we got Al Franken, but Coleman was a Dem for many years before switching parties, bringing his terrible views with him.

I'm with you on that. I was at the 1998 Republican State Convention, and we fought it out on the floor between Quist and Coleman...

That guy was a slick RINO all the way, not a conservative/constitutional bone in his body.

I'm not sure he's actually better than Franken. At least with Franken, like Wellstone, you know where he's going to come down, even if it's completely opposed to liberty.

constituent
02-15-2010, 10:17 AM
that's exactly right. business and politics tend to get wound together in texas, particularly in rural (or recently rural) areas. there was a time where if you did business in texas you wouldn't dare be seen getting your card stamped at the republican table, or, well you wouldn't be doing business in texas now would you?

edit to add: it's all about the favors racket.