PDA

View Full Version : Rand's big endorsement announced!

Jeremy
02-14-2010, 04:49 PM
FRANKFORT-Rand Paul, the Republican Senate candidate in Kentucky and son of former presidential candidate and U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, has received an endorsement from internet celebrity and Republican activist Matt Collins.

"Matt Collins is providing tremendous leadership as the Tea Party movement and constitutional conservatives strive to take our country back," Paul said in a statement. "Matt is a giant in American politics. I am proud to receive his support."

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4318393788_141674c675.jpg
Matt Collins speaks at press conference with Rand and Ron Paul.

The Paul statement also said that Collins' Political Action Committee had given the Paul campaign a "generous donation."

Paul is seeking the seat now held by Republican Sen. Jim Bunning, who is retiring. A favorite of the Tea Party movement for his support of smaller government and deficit reduction, he is facing off in the Republican primary against Secretary of State Trey Grayson, the GOP establishment pick.

Collins, who has aligned himself with the Tea Party movement, will be headlining a Tea Party convention over the weekend. He told reporters that he and his staff will come out with an official endorsement statement later today.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4342189592_6d84154e1f.jpg
Congressman Ron Paul and Matt Collins sign book for Jesse Benton, a self described Matt Collins fan.

torchbearer
02-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Holy SHIT! They got matt collins to endorse!
Step aside Palin!

:)

BamaFanNKy
02-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Matt Collins is a Neo-Con. He doesn't even know what "Better eat your damned oatmeal" means. We need to create a poll on what we think of Matt Collins.

Natalie
Wow! Adams was right!! This is much bigger than Palin!

Bergie Bergeron
David Adams disappoints us once again, I cannot support Rand Paul anymore.

torchbearer
<que matt collins is a turn-coat traitor thread>

Cowlesy
02-14-2010, 04:55 PM
<que matt collins is a turn-coat traitor thread>

hahahaha

way to take the bicycle pump to his ego Jeremy :p

angelatc
02-14-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry, but this is where I get off. Matt Collins has ties to rock and roll, which means he is a Satanist. I'll vote for a Democrat before I vote for a Satanist.

I know I've always accused the Democrats of being Satan incarnate, but never mind. OK?

MRoCkEd
02-14-2010, 04:56 PM
WTF!
Matt Collins refused to shake someone's hand! We do not want people like this associated with Rand!

Promontorium
02-14-2010, 04:58 PM
It was a smear job see? I didn't know nothing about nothing.

torchbearer
02-14-2010, 04:59 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3439/3783298672_a258a4291c_o.jpg

three thumbs up for huge endorsement!
waiting for the tweet.

Promontorium
02-14-2010, 05:00 PM
There's only one thumb there?

Gage
02-14-2010, 05:01 PM
This is great news!

:p

MRoCkEd
02-14-2010, 05:01 PM
via twitter:

David Adams Just got the endorsement of political rockstar Matt "ladies man" Collins.

WTF This guy is NOT a libertarian!

Jeremy
02-14-2010, 05:02 PM
The media is starting to pick up on this already. Another one:

Matt Collins, the well known Tea Party activist and ladies man, has waded into another Republican primary, this time endorsing Rand Paul’s Kentucky Senate campaign.

In a statement, Mr. Collins said he was “proud to support great grassroots candidates like Dr. Paul,” an ophthalmologist and son of Representative Ron Paul, the Texas Republican and 2008 presidential candidate.

“While there are issues we disagree on, he and I are both in agreement that it’s time to shake up the status quo in Washington and stand up for common sense ideas,” Mr. Collins added.

For his part, Dr. Paul on Monday touted the leadership of Mr. Collins, who gave the keynote address at the National Tea Party Convention last week. “I will strive to capitalize on the support of Matt Collins and so many others to go to Washington and fight for liberty and limited government,” said Dr. Paul, himself a favorite among Tea Party activists.

Dr. Paul is locked in a primary battle with Trey Grayson, Kentucky’s secretary of state, in the race to succeed retiring Republican Jim Bunning. Mr. Grayson has received support from, among others, Mitch McConnell, the state’s senior senator and the Republican leader in the Senate.

The Times’s Ian Urbina took a closer look at Dr. Paul’s candidacy last November, finding that the novice candidate with a libertarian streak was “capitalizing on a hearty distrust of government and an anti-Republican-establishment fervor among conservatives” to raise a large campaign war chest, largely over the Internet.

MRoCkEd
02-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Rand's opponent Trey Grayson just issued a response:

“Secretary Grayson has a great deal of admiration for Matt "One at a time, ladies" Collins. We agree with him 90% that Kentucky needs a U.S. Senator who will shake things up in Washington and refuse to shake the hands of leaders with misguided policies. My guess is that if Matt Collins knew Rand Paul’s true colors he would think twice about offering his support of his misguided agenda. Paul’s support of anti-stripper policies, his plan to return women to the battlefield, his opposition to our pimps' work in New York City and his opposition to federal handshake laws are just some of the areas where he finds himself hopelessly out of the mainstream,” Hodson said.

torchbearer
02-14-2010, 05:06 PM
I've heard through the grapevine that Matt is the secret billionare. anyone else heard anything about this?

Jeremy
02-14-2010, 05:07 PM
I've heard through the grapevine that Matt is the secret billionare. anyone else heard anything about this?

In a suit like that? Pretty likely!

torchbearer
02-14-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm marking down rands totals because when this gets out i suspect a huge amount of contributions to start rolling in again!
$1,868,850.00

Spontaneous money bomb! go! go! go!

itshappening
02-14-2010, 05:14 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_sSZEt13lZJE/S3ZUon6aFsI/AAAAAAAAA8Q/5nZZbK9HmoY/s800/Rand%20Paul.jpg

Natalie
02-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Another great article:

Republican activist Matt Collins has endorsed Rand Paul in his bid for the GOP US Senate nomination.

“I’m proud to support great grassroots candidates like Dr. Paul. While there are issues we disagree on, he and I are both in agreement that it’s time to shake up the status quo in Washington and stand up for common sense ideas,” Collins said through Pat Riot, senior adviser and spokesperson for the Collins family and Collin’s political action committee, MattPAC.

Collins also backed up his words with a hefty donation of US $2,000 to Dr. Paul’s campaign via MattPAC.

Dr. Paul, the son of libertarian/Republican presidential candidate and congressman Ron Paul, later expressed his pleasure at receiving Collins' backing. “It’s further evidence of conservatives coalescing around our campaign,” he said in a telephone interview with reporters.

The Tea Party favorite added that while there are no current plans for Collins to campaign for him in Kentucky, he “would love to have him come and we will continue to have conversations.”

Flash
02-14-2010, 05:32 PM
game over rand wins.

seeker4sho
02-14-2010, 06:04 PM
How do you guys really feel about Matt Collins? LOL

bucfish
02-14-2010, 06:11 PM
WTF!
Matt Collins refused to shake someone's hand! We do not want people like this associated with Rand!
I tried to shake Mattt Collins hands and his man boobs grew, WTF

angelatc
02-14-2010, 06:44 PM
The Tea Party favorite added that while there are no current plans for Collins to campaign for him in Kentucky, he “would love to have him come and we will continue to have conversations.”

I'm thinking a 6-pack and bus fare oughta do it.

RJB
02-14-2010, 07:11 PM
I heard he endorses Perry too.

:p

DeadheadForPaul
02-14-2010, 07:13 PM
He made Mitch McConnell cry on the senate floor by tickling him

jabf2006
02-14-2010, 07:32 PM
I really feel Rand is selling out his integrity by accepting this endorsement. His father, Ron Paul, set the bar high and I was really hoping Rand would reach. Unfortunately, accepting this endorsement is simply another example of Rand playing politics and selling out simply to win. This is truly an unfortunate event for the liberty movement.

rancher89
02-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Utube or it didn't happen!!!

Flash
02-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Grayson denies Matt Collins endorsed him. Hmm. Can we get some sort of confirmation?

libertybrewcity
02-14-2010, 10:58 PM
check out his stuff on the campaign for liberty website.
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/profile.php?member=Matt_Collins

same guy? i haven't been able to find anything about him. he doesn't have a wiki page. he doesn't seem like a celebrity to me..

Son of Detroit
02-14-2010, 11:06 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/profile.php?member=matt_collins

same guy? I haven't been able to find anything about him. He doesn't have a wiki page. He doesn't seem like a celebrity to me..

woosh!

haaaylee
02-14-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm ashamed to say it took me a couple pages to realize this was a joke. I was too confused to recognize it at first. I even double checked to make sure it wasn't Collins himself who had posted it.

Well done!

Thargok
02-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Great, another bailout supporting neo-con. If Rand accepts this one, I'm gonna support Gurley Martin, the whose recent polling showed him getting 32% of the vote, spending just a few hundred dollars so far on his campaign. If Martin can do that much with so little, think about how fiscally conservative he is, unlike Matt Collins.

Bergie Bergeron
02-14-2010, 11:17 PM
Gurley managed to be in the debate without an invitation, that's what I call a REAL serious candidate !

Chieftain1776
02-14-2010, 11:18 PM
No doubt this is a bigger endorsement than Palin. The problem is I don't mean it's politically bigger :p

Distinguished Gentleman
02-14-2010, 11:20 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/profile.php?member=Matt_Collins

same guy? i haven't been able to find anything about him. he doesn't have a wiki page. he doesn't seem like a celebrity to me..

2 words. Game Changer.

He's the worlds most famous masked Lucha Libre wrestler. Every hispanic in Kentucky has heard of him. His ladies man gimmick is incredible popular, not to mention realistic.
We'll seriously get 90- 100% of the Hispanic vote on this one. I'm not kidding, he's that popular. He was also the bad guy in Lethal Weapon 2.

Thargok
02-14-2010, 11:26 PM
2 words. Game Changer.

He's the worlds most famous masked Lucha Libre wrestler. Every hispanic in Kentucky has heard of him. His ladies man gimmick is incredible popular, not to mention realistic.
We'll seriously get 90- 100% of the Hispanic vote on this one. I'm not kidding, he's that popular. He was also the bad guy in Lethal Weapon 2.

I once saw a woman lay down in a puddle so he didn't have to get his shoes muddy while stepping into his limo.

dr. hfn
02-14-2010, 11:30 PM
wtf lol!

squarepusher
02-14-2010, 11:31 PM
Matt Collins for senator!

Son of Detroit
02-14-2010, 11:32 PM
Matt Collins for senator!

Matt Collins for President!

Matt Collins
02-15-2010, 12:52 AM
I literally just fell out of my chair laughing so hard. My face is red and I am having to walk around my place just to try to catch my breath :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I leave yall alone for almost an entire 24 hours and this is what happens.... :p

RonPaulFanInGA
02-15-2010, 01:12 AM
edit

trey4sports
02-15-2010, 01:37 AM
Thread of the year!

haaaylee
02-15-2010, 01:42 AM
(double post)

haaaylee
02-15-2010, 01:43 AM
i fear matt is taking this as a compliment . . . and i fear it was meant that way.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-15-2010, 02:51 AM
Wow, even PageOneKentucky has endorsement fever.

http://i46.tinypic.com/29xt5rm.jpg

jmdrake
02-15-2010, 07:05 AM
I'm sorry, but this is where I get off. Matt Collins has ties to rock and roll, which means he is a Satanist. I'll vote for a Democrat before I vote for a Satanist.

I know I've always accused the Democrats of being Satan incarnate, but never mind. OK?

But...but...but....Matt cut his ponytail over a year ago. :D

american.swan
02-15-2010, 07:15 AM
I can't believe people bought this. hahahaha LOL

LibertarianfromGermany
02-15-2010, 07:24 AM
too awesome to be true! LOL!

phill4paul
02-15-2010, 07:31 AM
This thread is full of win!

gocubsgo
02-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Damn, I thought this was a George Hemminger endorsement.

For ya old skoolers.

brandon
02-15-2010, 08:22 AM
There actually is a surprising amount of win in this thread.

Paulitical Correctness
02-15-2010, 10:08 AM
I've heard rumors of a Matt Collins sex tape. Expect it to surface soon, now that he has endorsed Rand. This is just what we needed. :rolleyes:

RonPaulFanInGA
02-15-2010, 10:28 AM
I've heard rumors of a Matt Collins sex tape. Expect it to surface soon, now that he has endorsed Rand. This is just what we needed. :rolleyes:

Yep.

Sources: Matt Collins Has Sex Tape

Sources have told us that Matt Collins made a sex tape that contains "several sex acts." And that an aide to Zach Wamp found it on an unmarked DVD.

The DVD, say both of our sources, is very explicit and reveals that Collins "is physically very striking, in a certain area. Everyone who sees it says 'whoa'. She's behind the camera at first."

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Just what we DIDN'T need. Geez.

RyanRSheets
02-15-2010, 10:33 AM
http://thelaughingmarcus.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/so-much-win.jpg

AlterEgo
02-15-2010, 11:35 AM
I've heard rumors of a Matt Collins sex tape. He wishes

MRoCkEd
02-15-2010, 11:41 AM
I really hope the voters of Kentucky like peanut butter... lots of it.

yatez112
02-15-2010, 11:49 AM
So was the ReaganPAC the big endorsement? I've been visiting the board quite a few times today hoping to find something new about it...lol

John Taylor
02-15-2010, 11:49 AM
I really hope the voters of Kentucky like peanut butter... lots of it.

Over the top. I was about to eat my pb&j sandwich, and now I'm heading to Subway.

Thanks.

John Taylor
02-15-2010, 11:51 AM
So was the ReaganPAC the big endorsement? I've been visiting the board quite a few times today hoping to find something new about it...lol

Don't fret, David Adams is a masterful strategist, he's waiting until the time of maximal effect to release the latest endorsements--likely after the next poll results are released.

Those of you on the ground have to keep spreading the message of constitutional, limited government, and the morality of our free-market system.

Those of us around the country will continue to agitate, donate, and speculate!!!

Flash
02-15-2010, 12:15 PM
ReaganPAC wasn't the big announcement. I believe they officially endorsed before he even posted the rumor.

Bergie Bergeron
02-15-2010, 12:40 PM
There isn't anything about this on his Twitter or on the campaign website. Pretty sure this is not it.

libertarian4321
02-15-2010, 12:58 PM

Aside from being a billionaire, Collins is a Bildeberger, a Free Mason, an Illuminati, and is a member of the CFR and Trilateral commission, and it probably an international banker as well. He has been seen flying black helicopters on weekends.

Rand must denounce this endorsement immediately!

RandomUser
02-15-2010, 01:11 PM
I heard he converted his vehicle to run off of Liquefied Kittens.

John Taylor
02-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Aside from being a billionaire, Collins is a Bildeberger, a Free Mason, an Illuminati, and is a member of the CFR and Trilateral commission, and it probably an international banker as well. He has been seen flying black helicopters on weekends.

Rand must denounce this endorsement immediately!

I hear he personally drove his armored, UN flag waving RV through the Branch Davidian's compound in Waco, Texas in 1994, all because he heard the Branch Davidians' theology was based upon hand-shakes and mandatory smiling.

heath.whiteaker
02-15-2010, 02:02 PM
dang with Matt's endorsement Rand can run for President. Screw senate!

John Taylor
02-15-2010, 02:12 PM
dang with Matt's endorsement Rand can run for President. Screw senate!

Since Matt transcribed the original Book of Mormon and translated the collected writings of Nostradamus, Matt has announced the results for American Idol for the next half century, and is presently in San Pablo, Brazil, taking and placing bets on the 2024 World Cup.

Matt Collins
02-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Since Matt transcribed the original Book of Mormon and translated the collected writings of Nostradamus, Matt has announced the results for American Idol for the next half century, and is presently in San Pablo, Brazil, taking and placing bets on the 2024 World Cup.
way to take the bicycle pump to his ego :p

http://i.cr3ation.co.uk/dl/s1/ScannersExplodingHead.gif

Nate-ForLiberty
02-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Matt Collins for SpamBot

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2549108&posted=1#post2549108

Elwar
02-15-2010, 03:50 PM
My predicted endorsement:
John Calipari

Matt Collins
02-16-2010, 12:10 AM
I once saw a woman lay down in a puddle so he didn't have to get his shoes muddy while stepping into his limo.It's a frequent occurrence....

RonPaulFanInGA
02-16-2010, 12:16 AM
It's a frequent occurrence....

One year.

That is how long I think it'll take for Matt Collins to stop bumping this thread up after everyone else is tired of it.

Thargok
02-16-2010, 12:17 AM
One year.

That is how long I think it'll take for Matt Collins to stop bumping this thread up after everyone else is tired of it.

Somebody will come around and delete/lock it before then.

Matt Collins
02-16-2010, 10:01 AM

In a suit like that? Pretty likely!You know it! :p

But let's keep secrets secret and not spread rumors! ;)

John Taylor
02-16-2010, 01:33 PM
You know it! :p

But let's keep secrets secret and not spread rumors! ;)

At the original meeting at Jekyll Island, the men who were to become the board of governors of the Fed decided to use Matt Collin's likeness on the ten dollar bill in honor of services rendered. When he declined, they chose his historical backup, Alexander Hamilton.

jabf2006
02-16-2010, 02:12 PM
at the original meeting at jekyll island, the men who were to become the board of governors of the fed decided to use matt collin's likeness on the ten dollar bill in honor of services rendered. When he declined, they chose his historical backup, alexander hamilton.

snap!

Matt Collins
02-17-2010, 12:09 AM
he doesn't seem like a celebrity to me..Get your facts straight!

Matt Collins
02-17-2010, 11:23 PM
I heard he endorses Perry too.Medina FTW! :D

Bergie Bergeron
02-17-2010, 11:36 PM
I think some people here need a dose of good news, do you have an idea when the other big endorsement might be coming?

BamaFanNKy
02-17-2010, 11:45 PM
I almost had one today that may or may not of been good. He'll vote for Rand but, has decided not to endorse candidates anymore.

Funny enough he informed me he voted for Ron in 1988 for President. This guys is a big Kentucky Republican but, from the past.

On the flip side I was given a pro-Ron Paul group who I think the campaign should approach:
http://www.jpfo.org/

Matt Collins
02-18-2010, 09:35 AM

I know I've always accused the Democrats of being Satan incarnate, but never mind. OK?Hey, I've cut my hair already... sheesh.... :p

Matt Collins
02-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Please note:

To anyone reading this thread who has not been around RonPaulForums.com on a continual basis, please understand that this entire thread is wholly sarcasm, humor, and filled with "inside jokes" (largely at my expense I might add heh). But hey, it's funny, so I LOL'd.
:D;):cool::):p

John Taylor
02-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Nonsense Dear Leader, the father of all that is good, gracious, and sacreligious, do not try to hide your face from us!

John Taylor
02-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Please note:

To anyone reading this thread who has not been around RonPaulForums.com on a continual basis, please understand that this entire thread is wholly sarcasm, humor, and filled with "inside jokes" (largely at my expense I might add heh). But hey, it's funny, so I LOL'd.

When I was a boy, I read that Sidney Carton had sacrificed his life to save Charles Darney at the end of The Tale of Two Cities, but years later, I discovered it was a cunningly disguised Matt Collins, who, under the name of one "Scarlett Pimpernel", actually saved those innocents from the Jacobin hordes, and escaped with Louis XVI's Austrian niece, by crossing the Alps with elephants.

Dreamofunity
02-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Please note:

Thread ruined.

John Taylor
02-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Thread ruined.

No, we just need to get it moving beyond this blip on the radar, Collin's pulled a Medina on us, but that's not going to stop us from recognizing his true glory.... is it????

I can't hear you....

IS IT????

Matt Collins
02-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Thread ruined.
I know... :(

Well some of my non-political friends saw this thread and thought everyone in here was serious HA HA HA :p

They basically told me that I need to ensure anyone reading it knows that it's NOT serious because those from the outside looking in wouldn't "get it" :o

Oh well...

John Taylor
02-18-2010, 11:44 AM
I know... :(

Well some of my non-political friends saw this thread and thought everyone in here was serious HA HA HA :p

They basically told me that I need to ensure anyone reading it knows that it's NOT serious because those from the outside looking in wouldn't "get it" :o

Oh well...

How could someone not help but take comments like this seriously????

When I was a boy, I read that Sidney Carton had sacrificed his life to save Charles Darney at the end of The Tale of Two Cities, but years later, I discovered it was a cunningly disguised Matt Collins, who, under the name of one "Scarlett Pimpernel", actually saved those innocents from the Jacobin hordes, and escaped with Louis XVI's Austrian niece, by crossing the Alps with elephants.

I mean, it's obvious to everyone that you're at least 240 years old, speak fluent French, and are a skilled mountain-climber and elephant trainer, not to mention a fabulous swordsman and infamous womanizer.

rancher89
02-18-2010, 11:49 AM
How could someone not help but take comments like this seriously????

I mean, it's obvious to everyone that you're at least 240 years old, speak fluent French, and are a skilled mountain-climber and elephant trainer, not to mention a fabulous swordsman and infamous womanizer.

snicker.....

BamaFanNKy
02-18-2010, 12:00 PM
After meeting you yesterday I think you need to be on the debate stage in the next debate. It'll help Rand look normal size. OH! Sorry, had to say it. I could be on stage to make Trey look slimmer.

Matt Collins
02-18-2010, 01:16 PM
I could be on stage to make Trey look slimmer.
I dunno about that.....

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Grey%20Trayson/4355332792_6eb9501027.jpg

AlterEgo
02-18-2010, 01:56 PM
not to mention a fabulous swordsman and infamous womanizer.Dont you mean that hes a infamous swordsman and fabulus womanizer?

Paulitical Correctness
02-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Matt Collins refused to shake hands with Chuck Norris and lived to tell the tale.

John Taylor
02-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Matt Collins refused to shake hands with Chuck Norris and lived to tell the tale.

Matt Collins shook hands with Chuck Norris and lived to tell about it.

kaleidoscope eyes
02-19-2010, 08:20 AM
OMG I just came across this thread.
Classic. rofl

Matt Collins
03-13-2010, 01:30 PM
I once saw a woman lay down in a puddle so he didn't have to get his shoes muddy while stepping into his limo.
Thargok was lucky enough to not only meet me yesterday, but get his photo taken, AND a hand shake! He should consider himself blessed! ;):p:D

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/ThargokandtheBigMC.jpg

BamaFanNKy
03-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Thargok was lucky enough to not only meet me yesterday, but get his photo taken, AND a hand shake! He should consider himself blessed! ;):p:D

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/ThargokandtheBigMC.jpg

Did you steal a shirt from Jason Bourne?

Thargok
03-13-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm out looking for a Matt Collins shirt now.

BamaFanNKy
03-13-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm out looking for a Matt Collins shirt now.

I'm thinking of going to watch "Green Zone" because of that shirt.

Matt Collins
03-13-2010, 02:11 PM
It's actually a jacket.

BamaFanNKy
03-13-2010, 02:19 PM
It's actually a jacket.

You could add some flare to it:
http://lightscamerafashion.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/michael-jackson.jpg