PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Carey jumping on the Bohnson band wagon

lildave2586
02-14-2010, 04:18 PM
So it appears as if Marcus Carey over at Bluegrass Bulletin is jumping on Bohnson bandwagon and is becoming a member of his "special forces." Check out his latest blog entry, I'm not going to link it. I was pretty disappointed.

BamaFanNKy
02-14-2010, 04:19 PM
So it appears as if Marcus Carey over at Bluegrass Bulletin is jumping on Bohnson bandwagon and is becoming a member of his "special forces." Check out his latest blog entry, I'm not going to link it. I was pretty disappointed.

He's being bombarded by the Lisa Graas and Red Diva.

Flash
02-14-2010, 04:20 PM
I read it earlier and tried posting a comment, hopefully it gets through. I said it was rude of the Johnson fans to cheer during the debate since the moderator specifically asked people not to do so.

itshappening
02-14-2010, 04:25 PM

Johnson is a terrible candidate and won't be a factor in this race no matter how much a few loudmouth supporters beat the drum. he can't even rased more than 20k on his own, Rand outraised him in the last few days just to put it into context. Both Rand and Trey will spend his life savings five times over before this thing is done

BamaFanNKy
02-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Why not point out how Johnson the faux constitutionalist thinks we declared war on Iraq and Afghanistan, agrees with the Patriot Act, doesn't believe in states rights and he and Trey were saying how many troops they would send to Afghanistan even though they aren't the President. Not to mention how both of them distort Rand and say he's Pro-Choice for States after Rand says he'd vote to stop Abortion on any level. Basically he's employed by Big Oil, doesn't like the constitution and lies. He's George W. Bush on a lower level.

HarryBrowneLives
02-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Well, I guess Marcus can go over the cliff with the rest of 'em on May the 18th now that he's on the bandwagon:).

dannno
02-14-2010, 10:38 PM
I read it earlier and tried posting a comment, hopefully it gets through. I said it was rude of the Johnson fans to cheer during the debate since the moderator specifically asked people not to do so.

This is just more proof that the Bohnson campaign is a complete farce who has no intention of going anywhere but attempting to destroy Rand in their path.

DeadheadForPaul
02-14-2010, 10:43 PM
I don't even know who this guy is

If he fell for Johnson, he's probably delusional like Mommy

If you want to get a laugh and/or be scared for the Tea Party movement, check out the doublespeak and circular logic on Billy Boy's facebook fan page

Chieftain1776
02-14-2010, 10:48 PM
eh, keep in mind he's got a blog that he wants to promote. I like seeing his perspective and even if he is in the tank for Bohnson it's good to see what angles he's working.

I don't think that is the case but at worst he's a decent weather vane.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Until Johnson proves he can raise a decent amount of money from someone other than himself, or poll above single digits in a real, independent poll; he's just an after-thought. 5-10 people posting on a bunch of news blogs doesn't mean jack.

You figure RON PAUL 2008 SUPPORTERS would know about over-hype on the internet and loud applause from a small group of less than a dozen people at debates not being indicative of support better than anyone.

Brad Zink
02-15-2010, 02:13 AM
Let's be considerate towards Marcus Carey. Mr. Carey is a solid conservative and has been very fair to us during the campaign. Once Rand Paul is in office, we could see Rand's supporters becoming a base of support for someone of Marcus Carey's stature. In addition, our nationwide liberty alliance could possibly serve as a fundraising juggernaut for him if he decided to run for political office in the future.

liberty lover
02-15-2010, 06:51 AM
BRAD,

I agree with you.

Marcus is only printing newsworthy news as it's presented to him. From what I know, he has not taken a stand in the race officially. I expect no less of him.

angelatc
02-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Let's be considerate towards Marcus Carey. Mr. Carey is a solid conservative and has been very fair to us during the campaign. Once Rand Paul is in office, we could see Rand's supporters becoming a base of support for someone of Marcus Carey's stature. In addition, our nationwide liberty alliance could possibly serve as a fundraising juggernaut for him if he decided to run for political office in the future.

I think you're right. I don't think he's taking sides, he's just writing a blog.

John Taylor
02-15-2010, 08:44 AM
I think Mr. Carey is not being completely objective here, but then again, he is not merely attempting to be a mirror of what actually may have occured on the ground (what we saw happen at the debate through the limited prism of internet viewing). He is trying to draw readers, and stir the pot. As he has made it clear before, he wants to see a good horserace.

I don't necessarily think there is any problem with that, and from what I have seen, the posts attacking him as being a "traitor" or whatever are completely out of place, and will only serve to drive a good man who happens to like to watch political mudslinging matches go to the wire into an opponents camp.

This being said, Mr. Carey was an almost maximal ($2,000) George W. Bush financial backer in 2004, after Bush's profligate spending patterns became self-evident to even the most disinterested observer. This would draw his limited government convictions into severe question.

However, he did donate $500 to Mr. Fred Thompson, who while completely lackluster, was probably the most free-market (excluding Congressman Paul) of the GOP candidates in 2008.

So while there is hope for someone in Mr. Carey's position, in my chapter of the federalist society, he wouldn't have made officer.

My advice: don't ever make personal attacks. Make a sucinct point and leave, and don't crowd him with hate-mail or demands. He'll make his own bed.

DeadheadForPaul
02-15-2010, 09:03 AM
After initially freaking out about all the pro-Bohnson stuff, I checked out the comments on all these stories and can tell there are seriously only 8-15 people behind the Johnson campaign

These were the obnoxious people who were clapping during the debate

If you take a look at who they are, you will see people who use eerily similar rhetoric to us. I think they're the usual people who tow the party line but stole some Tea Party rhetoric from us and the Pauls

They talk about the Constitution and small government while supporting a candidate who undermines it. It's truly mind-blowing

I'm not too concerned about them. I just hope Bill doesn't serve as the mercenary of Trey to take Rand down in the polls

John Taylor
02-15-2010, 09:16 AM
After initially freaking out about all the pro-Bohnson stuff, I checked out the comments on all these stories and can tell there are seriously only 8-15 people behind the Johnson campaign

These were the obnoxious people who were clapping during the debate

If you take a look at who they are, you will see people who use eerily similar rhetoric to us. I think they're the usual people who tow the party line but stole some Tea Party rhetoric from us and the Pauls

They talk about the Constitution and small government while supporting a candidate who undermines it. It's truly mind-blowing

I'm not too concerned about them. I just hope Bill doesn't serve as the mercenary of Trey to take Rand down in the polls

Of course, we know that. I could recognize Sue Jaycox's foul smears a mile away, or "Dr" David Duncan, a modern Joseph Mengele, and his phycotic smears of Goldwater Republicans, or Lisa Graas, with her unhinged and completely illogical assertions regarding the 14th Amendment somehow being applicable to private individuals' actions... yeah, they're not hard to recognize.

I'd think that Mr. Carey would be a lilttle more inquisitive about Mr. Johnson's extremist viewpoint on the federal government though. Johnson advocates completely abrogating the State Action requirement for the triggering of the 14th Amendment. I'm sure he thinks only for abortion... and not for other matters of federalism... It's difficult to comprehend how a relatively disinterested person over a thousand miles away can recognize the dangers implicit in this view, while an astute political analysist like Mr. Carey misses it completely... Oh well, perhaps Mr. Carey's con law professors neglected to teach the 14th Amendment.