PDA

View Full Version : Rand's site shouldn't focus on what Trey says

StateofTrance
02-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Even if you get maliciously attacked, you should focus on the Economy etc., IMO.

Don't just go out explaining what Trey says, said, will say etc.

Just focus on the platform, Trey will look like a fucking attack-dog moron.

Malachi
02-14-2010, 04:03 PM
+1 !

Run a positive campaign on the surface.

Nathan Hale
02-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Agreed. No matter who wins the mud-fight, the guy who wins the primary is the one who stays out of the mudfight.

DeadheadForPaul
02-14-2010, 06:51 PM
The problem is that Trey is running push polls and a whisper campaign.

How do you confront that in any other way?

Nathan Hale
02-14-2010, 06:57 PM
The problem is that Trey is running push polls and a whisper campaign.

How do you confront that in any other way?

You have other people do it. The grassroots should be organized in a variety of different fronts - e.g. taxpayer PACs, community groups. They should take on these problems and bring them to light, as well as doing Rand's dirty work and criticizing Trey for being a democrat, etc. But Rand should focus on the issues. It upsets me that Rand is getting into a sniping fight with Trey because Bohnson is going to play this like Medina and gain traction by skirting above the fray.

Flash
02-14-2010, 08:04 PM
I wish he stayed more positive too. So many times I go to RandPaul2010 and I see new posts about "Grayson's dwindling support" or something like that.

itshappening
02-14-2010, 08:20 PM
You have other people do it. The grassroots should be organized in a variety of different fronts - e.g. taxpayer PACs, community groups. They should take on these problems and bring them to light, as well as doing Rand's dirty work and criticizing Trey for being a democrat, etc. But Rand should focus on the issues. It upsets me that Rand is getting into a sniping fight with Trey because Bohnson is going to play this like Medina and gain traction by skirting above the fray.

grassroots are not organized to respond to attacks and that;s what happens in a campaign. sometimes the campaign only have hours respond to something and defend themselves

Johnson cannot possibly do a Medina as he doesn't have enough money or support and is a terrible candidate anyway

Nathan Hale
02-14-2010, 08:44 PM
grassroots are not organized to respond to attacks and that;s what happens in a campaign. sometimes the campaign only have hours respond to something and defend themselves

Well that's a problem. Grassroots can very easily be organized, if they chose to be. Many successful campaigns make use of supporter networks to do their attacking for them.

Johnson cannot possibly do a Medina as he doesn't have enough money or support and is a terrible candidate anyway

While it is entirely possible that Johnson will remain an also-ran, that's not a foregone conclusion. The media coverage following this debate (so far, we'll see in more detail after the Monday rush) looked eerily similar to the coverage of Medina after the first Texas Gubernatorial debate. It's dangerous, from a strategic perspective, to assume that Johnson is not a threat.

itshappening
02-14-2010, 08:55 PM
Well that's a problem. Grassroots can very easily be organized, if they chose to be. Many successful campaigns make use of supporter networks to do their attacking for them.

While it is entirely possible that Johnson will remain an also-ran, that's not a foregone conclusion. The media coverage following this debate (so far, we'll see in more detail after the Monday rush) looked eerily similar to the coverage of Medina after the first Texas Gubernatorial debate. It's dangerous, from a strategic perspective, to assume that Johnson is not a threat.

Medina has real support and has raised nearly 700k, Johnson has hardly any real support and hardly any money

Nathan Hale
02-14-2010, 09:05 PM
Medina has real support and has raised nearly 700k, Johnson has hardly any real support and hardly any money

Medina is also not in the same place as Johnson. I use Medina as an example because Johnson can become as Medina is today if we don't include his existence in our strategic decision-making. You seem pretty certain that Johnson's support is fictitious. What evidence do you have of this? If I'm not mistaken, he was recently declared the crowd favorite at Saturday's debate. While you can write this off as a vocal minority, that still means that a bunch of grassroots activists came out to cheer for their guy at a debate. Is this Bill Johnson's non-existent support? Maybe it's just his family. Maybe.

itshappening
02-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Medina is also not in the same place as Johnson. I use Medina as an example because Johnson can become as Medina is today if we don't include his existence in our strategic decision-making. You seem pretty certain that Johnson's support is fictitious. What evidence do you have of this? If I'm not mistaken, he was recently declared the crowd favorite at Saturday's debate. While you can write this off as a vocal minority, that still means that a bunch of grassroots activists came out to cheer for their guy at a debate. Is this Bill Johnson's non-existent support? Maybe it's just his family. Maybe.

it doesn't matter what the media "declare" about him, he has no real support and no money. he raised only 20k before Jan and is spending his life savings.

Nathan Hale
02-14-2010, 09:50 PM
it doesn't matter what the media "declare" about him, he has no real support and no money. he raised only 20k before Jan and is spending his life savings.

What has he been raising lately? Where does he poll lately? Your data is from Q4 09 - it's old news. A month and a half is a long time in an electoral campaign.

StateofTrance
02-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Is anybody from the Campaign listening???

lordindra3
02-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I agree that Johnson is NOT Medina and that he really should be more or less ignored, HOWEVER, I get this little gut tingling feeling that tells me behind the scenes we should prepare. I think Johnson has some really die hard followers that convert others. We need to be doing th same thing though. We should not be the arrogant rabbit and take a nap after getting our lead and let the slow, retarded and worthless (lol, just kidding) turtle catch up because he has really die hard buddies. So, on the outside, COMPLETELY ignore Johnson, but behind the scenes, lets make our own little special forces! Hey, its working for Johnson to copy all of Rand's talking points, so why dont we create our own little special forces? We can be Rand's Rangers! LMAO!!

You know whats funny? I have proof that Special Forces are actually reading every word we write right now... They have alot of time on their hands!

John Taylor
02-16-2010, 01:36 PM

Nathan, I can personally identify the majority of Jill's supporters, by name.

John Taylor
02-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Yeah, I agree that Johnson is NOT Medina and that he really should be more or less ignored, HOWEVER, I get this little gut tingling feeling that tells me behind the scenes we should prepare. I think Johnson has some really die hard followers that convert others. We need to be doing th same thing though. We should not be the arrogant rabbit and take a nap after getting our lead and let the slow, retarded and worthless (lol, just kidding) turtle catch up because he has really die hard buddies. So, on the outside, COMPLETELY ignore Johnson, but behind the scenes, lets make our own little special forces! Hey, its working for Johnson to copy all of Rand's talking points, so why dont we create our own little special forces? We can be Rand's Rangers! LMAO!!

You know whats funny? I have proof that Special Forces are actually reading every word we write right now... They have alot of time on their hands!

It's not that they have too much time, it's that they see themselves as infiltrating our perimeter here... they're being all sneaky, lurking on our forums.... woooooo...

I'm down for helping anyone take on these nutcases. The more we engage them online, the better. Neutral readers won't take another look at their lunatic candidate.

lordindra3
02-16-2010, 01:49 PM
I do it every day! It gets a little tiring though when the other supporters dont want to help. I noticed something though. I noticed that Rand supporters rarely engage them in forums and blogs that are sort of "their turf" (as in Johnson's safe internet space), but when it comes to places like bluegrass bulletin, where its Rand friendly, we are there in full force. Interesting....

John Taylor
02-16-2010, 02:28 PM
I do it every day! It gets a little tiring though when the other supporters dont want to help. I noticed something though. I noticed that Rand supporters rarely engage them in forums and blogs that are sort of "their turf" (as in Johnson's safe internet space), but when it comes to places like bluegrass bulletin, where its Rand friendly, we are there in full force. Interesting....

Well that's because they can selectively train their fire on us on their own turf, whereas when we are on neutral ground we will carry the day through our superior and consistent principles of liberty and constitutional government.

beazy
02-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Just paint Bohnson as a birther over and over and over if you want to neutralize him. His biggest endorsement comes from Alan Keyes, the biggest birther ever. I dont care if a majority of Repubs question his citizenship, they dont come out with it publically. If you paint Bohnson as a birther, which he is, you cast him to the fringe, which he is.

Say? How do you expect Bohnson to compete credibly if he wins the nomination, being that he is a Birther and has no fundraising to speak of.

Promontorium
02-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Why are you starting so many threads criticizing Rand's campaign? Did he cut you off on the highway? Wth?

StateofTrance
02-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Why are you starting so many threads criticizing Rand's campaign? Did he cut you off on the highway? Wth?

I'm a neo-con doing my work to defeat Rand.

John Taylor
02-16-2010, 06:03 PM
I'm a neo-con doing my work to defeat Rand.

I knew it, what a snake in the grass, lucking and pretending to be a pro-liberty guy for three years. :eek:

StateofTrance
02-16-2010, 06:08 PM
:D Exactly..I used time machine and found out that Rand will be running in 2010 so planned the dirty work to gain trust on RPF.

John Taylor
02-16-2010, 06:10 PM
:D Exactly..I used time machine and found out that Rand will be running in 2010 so planned the dirty work to gain trust on RPF.

MOTHER OF GOD! :mad: