PDA

View Full Version : My problem with Sarah Palin

Legend1104
02-14-2010, 02:57 PM
I have been thinking. Do you know what my problem with Sarah Palin is? insincerity. I am not one of those people that likes bashing people. I do not think it is fair, Christian-like, or effective to just bash people, even when I think they are completely wrong and even destructive. I think we should oppose such people at every step but that it would be wrong to do as they do and jump all over people and do the name calling games. I think it is more important to do as the Bible instructs and love them because when we do it we will " heep hot coals of fire on their head." So, I will not bash Palin. Having said that, I think that my major problem with her is that she is not genuine. I do not feel that when she was up in Alaska as gov. she one day said, "This country is in a mess and I think that I have got to do something to try and fix it." If that were the cause then I would like her a little more. I do not know her, and I may be wrong, but I just feel like the whole reason that see is doing what she is doing is because of about one (or all) of a few things. One, maybe she is being pushed into this by the establishment. Two, she sees an opportunity. Three, she is enjoying herself. I may be wrong, and like I said, I am not attacking her as a person; but this is just how I feel. I guess it tants me because every time I see her speak I just think to myself, "Fake."

Flash
02-14-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm an Atheist and I agree bashing her personally won't do anything. But the fact is she doesn't have what it takes to be President. I'm surprised she even was Governor. She tends to speak in Republican rhetoric (cut taxes, balance the budget, etc..) that we've been hearing since the Nixon administration. The only thing she has done so far that I liked was endorsing Rand Paul.

ctiger2
02-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Your instincts are correct. She's a phony. The only reason she's even newsworthy is because she's a very attractive female politician who was chosen to be a vice presidential candidate because she's a very attractive female politician.

wgadget
02-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I don't like Sarah Palin because she endorses people like John McCain and Rick Perry. I don't like her because she seems to have been planted to destroy the original intent of the Tea Party movement.

I've also seen her on too many Good Housekeeping magazine covers to make her a credible politician.

akforme
02-14-2010, 05:30 PM
I'm an Atheist and I agree bashing her personally won't do anything. But the fact is she doesn't have what it takes to be President. I'm surprised she even was Governor. She tends to speak in Republican rhetoric (cut taxes, balance the budget, etc..) that we've been hearing since the Nixon administration. The only thing she has done so far that I liked was endorsing Rand Paul.

She changed after getting national exposure about 6 months before McCain picked her.

I didn't vote for her because she supported Bush's war, but when she first took office she was shaping up to be one of the better governors we've had.