PDA

View Full Version : George McGovern pimping for the SPLC!

jmdrake
02-14-2010, 02:04 PM
I just got a letter in the mail from former senator George McGovern. I seem to get a lot of junk mail asking for donations. Usually it's from RepubliCrats. This time I got one from a DemoPublican. Anyway he was asking for donations for his "good friend Morris Dees" to "monitor hate speech in the classroom". He went on and on in his crappy letter about how great and wonderful the SPLC has been in talking on the KKK and other hate groups. Well fine and dandy. The KKK sucks. But so does the SPLC! I have been against the SPLC ever since I read their "False Patriots" article. In that article that attack people the consider "false patriots" including Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America. But here's the snippet that ticked me off and turned me against the SPLC.

of agents of the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) — the bęte noire of the militia movement — near the Ocoee River in Tennessee.

They left the annual "Good Ol' Boys Roundup" with a videotape showing what they later described as "an orgy of racism," including shots of a "N*gger Check Point: Any N*ggers in That Car?" sign. After ex-cop Randall released the video to the media, several ATF and other law enforcement officials were disciplined.

Four months later, the Minutemen's other co-founder, Mike Kemp, was arrested after 14 marijuana plants were found in his home. Randall quit after the bad publicity, rejoined a week later, and quit for good a year after that.

"I got tired of people ... wanting me to assemble armies for them," he told reporters. "The whole militia movement is either conspiracy kooks or criminals."

Randall even apologized for releasing the Roundup tape, which he said hurt many good officers. Randall now runs Randall's Adventure and Training, which offers jungle tours in Latin America — and which was featured last year on the Travel Channel's "Amazing Adventures."

How could any group that claimed to be for fighting racism attack someone else for exposing racism inside federal law enforcement?

So I took the "donation form", marked out where it said "Yes I want to help the SPLC....", wrote in big bold letters: NO! THE SPLC IS RACIST! , put it in their prepaid envelope and dropped it back in the mail box. In fact that's what I do now with all of the junk mail I get from causes I'm against. I know it's not a lot, but it's my small protest against these scum.

Regards,

John M. Drake