PDA

View Full Version : StopBeck: No Ads for Glenn Beck show in the U.K.

Flash
02-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Source: http://stopbeck.com/

If you’re not aware, Glenn Beck’s show airs in the United Kingdom. Accordingly, we have been targeting his sponsors in the United States as well as in the U.K. (with the assistance from the StopBeck – UK Effort).

During the last week and a half, Glenn Beck lost his 100th, 101st and 102nd sponsors. A full list of all 102 sponsors that dropped Mr. Beck (or Fox News as a whole) can be found here. Please note that this total includes sponsors that have dropped him both United States and/or in the United Kingdom.

It seems like our efforts are having an effect…

Glenn Beck’s show in the United Kingdom has not run any commercials during the past three days (Tues-Thurs). Glenn Beck’s show in the UK used to run commercials. The shows that come on before and after Glenn Beck still run commercials. But, for the past three days, Mr. Beck hasn’t had any sponsors in the U.K. During the commercial break, instead of running ads, they cut away to Sky News updates or the weather. Perhaps they’re having trouble finding sponsors willing to subsidize Glenn Beck’s misinformation, vitriol, sexism and race-baiting?

This really is great news and testament to the continued participation in this effort by many.

Big thanks to all those participating. Keep it up! And, please spread the word and help grow this effort.

—–

[Update 2/12/10]: No ads on Glenn Beck’s show in the U.K. today. This means that Glenn Beck’s show in the U.K. has now run four days in a row without any advertisements.

catdd
02-14-2010, 01:26 PM
Bankrupt Beck

YouTube - The Jerk - "And That's All I Need" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1el59ig9AK8)

Epic
02-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Nah, stay out of the leftist boycotts. If we dislike him, it's for a different reason.

He does a lot of good on the history of progressivism, the evilness of Wilsonian foreign policy (ironic), the depression of 1920, Keynesianism, etc.

Let's not aim to limit speech. Just keep putting pressure on him to be more and more like us. And to get him to withdraw his Medina nonsense.

Jodi
02-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Nah, stay out of the leftist boycotts. If we dislike him, it's for a different reason.

He does a lot of good on the history of progressivism, the evilness of Wilsonian foreign policy (ironic), the depression of 1920, Keynesianism, etc.

Let's not aim to limit speech. Just keep putting pressure on him to be more and more like us. And to get him to withdraw his Medina nonsense.

Yes lets just leave the fox in the hen house.

TastyWheat
02-14-2010, 02:57 PM

So we shouldn't try to oust certain incumbents either, just get them to change their positions? If Beck wants to straighten up and be a real freedom fighter then there's still time for him to do that. He blew his chance at being a leader though.

Flash
02-14-2010, 03:00 PM
I agree with Michael Savage, Joe Scarborough, and others that Beck is a danger to the conservative movement. We need proper leadership.

TCE
02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
I agree with Michael Savage, Joe Scarborough, and others that Beck is a danger to the conservative movement. We need proper leadership.

Exactly. He is the textbook definition of Controlled Opposition. He leads everyone to believe he actually cares about liberty, so he gains followers, and then he makes sure we always fail, because he promotes several very anti-liberty positions.

I don't care if the Left is boycotting him. We can jump on this bandwagon, too. He is more dangerous than Hannity, O'Reilly, or any of the other ones because he sells himself as pro-liberty. The real Left doesn't like war, either, should we not support them in that? The real Left is pro-civil liberties, should we not support them?

@Epic: It's not limiting free speech, he can talk about what he wants to talk about, but I have the right to not support anyone who believes that he should have a soapbox for lying to everyone seven days a week.

I am going to join in the boycott and start by contacting the gauntlet of sponsors.

catdd
02-14-2010, 03:15 PM
We have to suffer the indignity of sharing the GOP with neocons because of the 2 party system so I don't see where it's any different to occasionally join forces with the left to get things done.
We are about the only ones with that kind of freedom.