PDA

View Full Version : Houston Straw Poll results

Natalie
02-14-2010, 12:02 PM
//

TCE
02-14-2010, 12:04 PM
With Medina being the Tea Party candidate, it would make sense for her to do better than Hutchison, who is obviously a moderate. Anyway, how much does this reflect the feeling of Texans state-wide?

Epic
02-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Apparently there are liberals in the tea party. Who knew?

AParadigmShift
02-14-2010, 12:09 PM
How does Rick 'Gardasil' Perry, at a 'Tea Party Society' straw poll no less, even manage 10 votes, let alone 114?

:rolleyes:

Natalie
02-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Anyway, how much does this reflect the feeling of Texans state-wide?

I actually don't think it means much, but it made me feel better though, lol :):p

Texan4Life
02-14-2010, 12:13 PM
wtf houston :p

angelatc
02-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Whats the scoop on a run-off?

Dustancostine
02-14-2010, 12:15 PM
The Houston Tea Party has a lot of GOP regulars involved. Alot.

Natalie
02-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Whats the scoop on a run-off?

Texas requires 50% to win. If nobody reaches that mark in the first round, there is a runoff between the top two candidates.

payme_rick
02-14-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm actually glad to see that in Houston with the pro-Perry talk radio... they were pretty hard on Deb this week...

jmdrake
02-14-2010, 02:24 PM
I'm also surprised that Rick Perry is doing that well among the Tea Party crowd. But then again a lot of them are mesmerized by Pailin.

TastyWheat
02-14-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm surprised at Perry's numbers too, but at least Medina is still neck-and-neck with Hutchison.

TCE
02-14-2010, 03:13 PM
How does Rick 'Gardasil' Perry, at a 'Tea Party Society' straw poll no less, even manage 10 votes, let alone 114?

:rolleyes:

Mike Church's name for him is awesome: Governor Gardasil.

lynnf
02-14-2010, 03:35 PM
remember, the neocons have worked to dilute or take over the tea party movement.

the good part of that is they inflate the tea party numbers, the bad part is they
either take over or dilute the message.

this seems to show a part of that.

are there any other Tea Party organizations in Houston, or is Tea Party Society the only one?

lynn

Natalie
02-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Mike Church's name for him is awesome: Governor Gardasil.

I heard this lady during a speech call them "Governor Gardasil and Kay Bailout Hutchison." I thought that was cute.

TCE
02-14-2010, 04:44 PM
I heard this lady during a speech call them "Governor Gardasil and Kay Bailout Hutchison." I thought that was cute.

She apparently keeps up on the Mike Church show.

JK/SEA
02-14-2010, 04:58 PM
The Houston Tea Party has a lot of GOP regulars involved. Alot.

These are referred to as TEA-O-CONS.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Teaocon

Dustancostine
02-14-2010, 05:03 PM
remember, the neocons have worked to dilute or take over the tea party movement.

the good part of that is they inflate the tea party numbers, the bad part is they
either take over or dilute the message.

this seems to show a part of that.

are there any other Tea Party organizations in Houston, or is Tea Party Society the only one?

lynn

There are Tea Party Organizations that are good in the surrounding suburbs, but not in Houston. Though there is a very very large 912 group there, about the same size as the Tea Party and they are awesome.

The Houston Tea Party was started by Republican Precinct Chairs in Houston. Some of the were RP people but the majority were not.

Last April 15th, their speakers committee had voted to allow Debra to speak as the Texas State CFL Coordinator (but not as a candidate), then their President pulled rank on everyone and dictator style said Debra could not. I think it was because of pressure from local party leaders as she was a precinct chair and was not a RP supporter.

Promontorium
02-14-2010, 05:29 PM
When I hear straw poll, I hear "Ron Paul won many straw polls".

I can't agree with polls that produce the opposite results of reality.

MikeStanart
02-14-2010, 08:34 PM
People, don't get the wrong impression on this. A lot of the people there last night were Tea-o-Cons / GOP regulars. There were a bunch of regular GOP candidates there trying to jump on the Tea band-wagon. Don't for a second think that just because it was a Tea Party Society sponsored thing, that all of the candidates there were liberty candidates.