PDA

View Full Version : Debra Medina at Local Tea Party Event

CoreyBowen999
02-14-2010, 12:06 AM
Hey everybody! I've been talking the last few days about Debra Medina coming to my area for a local Tea Party event. I promise a synopsis and videos of her speech and the reaction she got from the crowd when she first appeared. Because of my limited space on my camera, i only could film some parts of the speech so bear with me. Below is my synopsis, and finally, the speech itself on video.

First off:Location/Beginning

This was a local Mardi Gras event which came with food, fun, music, and everything else you can think of. Many candidates were there including many state rep candidates. It was located in the town center of our town so it was centrally located. Now getting to Medina's event, The local tea party invited all three candidates to come but of course, only Medina gladly accepted. The Tea Party rented out a parking lot only thirty feet or so from the main party event which means anybody could see it and come watch. I came early and was greeted by the local leader who was extremely glad to see a me as a highschooler attending the event and she even invited me to the next meetup which I might attend. I signed in, took pictures of the site, and prepared for the upcoming speeches.

Size of Crowd/First speaker

When the event first started, the crowd seemed to be about maybe a hundred people[ ill have to get the numbers on that]. The first of two people listed to speak came up to the podium and his name was Apostle Claver from the RagingElephants.org website. He was a VERY influential speaker who spoke about not negotiating with enemies of the constitution because that is what led us to what we have today. Sadly I could not record his speech because my lack of camera room and had to save that space for Medina. He spoke for about ten minutes and by the end, the whole crowd was pumped up which meant it was a good lead in for miss Debra Medina.

** a cool note ***
- Medina was standing next to me during the mans ten minute speech :)

Crowd Size/Reaction to Medina

By the time Medina was introduced by the local leader, the crowd seemed to have grown to 150 to 200 people I'd say. Like I said, this number may be a little bit off and I will find out the real numbers soon. They introduced her name and to my surprise, the whole tea party and other bystanders cheered LOUDLY for her arrival. Maybe the Beck interview did not affect her like the media would like us to believe.

AND without further waiting, the speech:
once again im sorry for the quality.
YouTube - Debra Medina Speech Feb. 13th Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sMpEpnL2M4)

YouTube - Debra Medina Speech Feb. 13th Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQeL0zyhpAk)

angelatc
02-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Waiting patiently....

CoreyBowen999
02-14-2010, 12:14 AM
okay better :)

invisible
02-14-2010, 12:25 AM
Won't be able to watch until tomorrow, but thanks!

angelatc
02-14-2010, 12:34 AM
She did awesome. I wish I still lived in Texas so I could vote for her.

Dustancostine
02-14-2010, 12:46 AM
YouTube - TV AD: Zero-Sum Game (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJhD5hLlUGQ&feature=player_embedded)

Here is a commercial by Apostle Claver the guy that spoke before Medina and who is a Medina fan. He is really awesome.

LibertyEagle
02-14-2010, 12:47 AM
Thanks, Corey. That was great. :)

Gage
02-14-2010, 01:51 AM
Does she usually say "Kay Perry" and "Rick Hutchison," or was that a slip up :p?

CoreyBowen999
02-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Does she usually say "Kay Perry" and "Rick Hutchison," or was that a slip up :p?

no that was on purpose :PP