PDA

View Full Version : What % of the Ron Paul Revolution is Still Active?

DeadheadForPaul
02-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Even during Ron Paul's run during 2007, I wondered what would happen to all these supporters of his.

We have to admit - it was quite a diverse group of people.

I was thankful Ron decided to have the Rally for the Republic and to create the Campaign for Liberty in order to keep the Freedom Movement together

My biggest fear was that everything that we had poured into his campaign - the time, the money, and the dream of liberty would be lost and that we would scatter.

Judging by the money pouring into Rand's campaign, it's clear that at least the more hardcore people (Ron Paul Forum people) are still here

However, my best friend was HARDCORE into Ron Paul and he kind of drifted away from the movement. I got him back into it this past weekend - he literally had no idea that Rand was even a viable candidate

Do you know people who have drifted away? Have most people stayed?

newbitech
02-13-2010, 11:12 PM
hopefully only a fraction of a percentage.

Chester Copperpot
02-13-2010, 11:21 PM
we're sleeper cells.. thats why the govt considers us terrorists haha

Ethek
02-13-2010, 11:23 PM
I would say the majority are always in the background. The principled and the educated members of the Tea Parties. Locals that are faithful but are waiting for something to tangible to touch on in their local area. I know for months in KY I would find people who supported Ron but had no idea his son lived in the state and was running for US Senate.

It wont be hard to rally it again.

DeadheadForPaul
02-13-2010, 11:26 PM
hopefully only a fraction of a percentage.

???

Anti Federalist
02-13-2010, 11:26 PM
Even during Ron Paul's run during 2007, I wondered what would happen to all these supporters of his.

We have to admit - it was quite a diverse group of people.

I was thankful Ron decided to have the Rally for the Republic and to create the Campaign for Liberty in order to keep the Freedom Movement together

My biggest fear was that everything that we had poured into his campaign - the time, the money, and the dream of liberty would be lost and that we would scatter.

Judging by the money pouring into Rand's campaign, it's clear that at least the more hardcore people (Ron Paul Forum people) are still here

However, my best friend was HARDCORE into Ron Paul and he kind of drifted away from the movement. I got him back into it this past weekend - he literally had no idea that Rand was even a viable candidate

Do you know people who have drifted away? Have most people stayed?

Huh?

You are in favor of running off a large and very active percentage of Ron Paul supporters.

What are you whining about?

Originally Posted by DeadheadForPaul
You all ruined Ron's campaign and ruined Medina's now too

If I was running for office, I would avoid that crew like the plague and openly denounce them if necessary.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2542976&postcount=92

Matthew Zak
02-13-2010, 11:32 PM
I'm drifting. I relied on this message board as a base of operations and discussion on how to spread the message, but increasingly over the past several months it has turned into a beck/palin/truther/paranoid echo-chamber that has nothing to do with spreading the message of liberty.

I will keep the principles alive as I live my life, and I'll keep my eye on the ball, but I'm not going to be involved here, or get caught up in the dysfunctional drama that holds the movement back.

I'm awake. And I will continue to spread the message. But not here.

DeadheadForPaul
02-14-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm drifting. I relied on this message board as a base of operations and discussion on how to spread the message, but increasingly over the past several months it has turned into a beck/palin/truther/paranoid echo-chamber that has nothing to do with spreading the message of liberty.

I will keep the principles alive as I live my life, and I'll keep my eye on the ball, but I'm not going to be involved here, or get caught up in the dysfunctional drama that holds the movement back.

I'm awake. And I will continue to spread the message. But not here.

Sometimes you need to take a break - I took a hiatus for several months

I would also highly suggest going into the smaller subforums

DeadheadForPaul
02-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Huh?

You are in favor of running off a large and very active percentage of Ron Paul supporters.

What are you whining about?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2542976&postcount=92

I was in favor of running off people who think political activism is strictly having arguments on a messageboard rather than going out and doing something in the real world. These same people then criticize us who are actual activists

t0rnado
02-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Most of the people who were involved in the campaign probably haven't even heard of this forum. We're only a fraction of the rEVOLution. After most of the Ron Paul 2008 signs went down, people had nothing to be excited about and nothing to get involved with as a collective.

squarepusher
02-14-2010, 01:04 AM
I guess we ruined their campaigns. But didn't' they get their money from us? I don't think Wall Street funds libertarian candidates quite yet.

LibertyMage
02-14-2010, 08:47 AM
I was in favor of running off people who think political activism is strictly having arguments on a messageboard rather than going out and doing something in the real world. These same people then criticize us who are actual activists

I wish I had a way to find the people from Maryland who post on this board and get them involved in their local Campaign for Liberty chapters.

ARealConservative
02-14-2010, 09:32 AM
the majority of citizens that pay attention at all only do so during presidential elections. This country still embraces the king maker notion of politics unfortunately.

So I'm encouraged by the amount of activity we have maintained. It is a great sign for the next presidential election cycle

Meatwasp
02-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Sleeper cells. LOL
We are still clicking and a ticken.

Anti Federalist
02-14-2010, 11:54 AM

Mmmm, no.

You said that people like me, (the dreaded "T" word) should be avoided like the plague, denounced and run off.

I argue on this message board, true.

But my "street cred" is also there. I won't list my activist bona fides, that's tiresome.

When you're trying to grow a movement, it's best not to go around running people off, especially committed, active people who have been there since the start.

LibertasPraesidium
02-14-2010, 12:19 PM
sleeping is probably the best way to put it.
I post like 1 every two months or so.
Life has a way of distracting us from our best intentions.
The greatest harm can be in the greatest good.

I think there are many that have had problems getting up the courage to actually go and do something, once spring hits I think new rallys should spring up. maybe even start emailing local meetup groups. ...

NerveShocker
02-14-2010, 03:39 PM
For the most part I think many are in cool-down mode. I think people spent so much time, energy, and also money during the critical campaign period that the only thing that could happen was for everyone to just back off for a bit.

What I predict is as the 2012 presidential elections come nearer the energy we had during Ron Paul's run will come back much more powerful than it was the first time around. This time likely with many more followers who are no longer afraid to make the leap.

LibertyMage
02-14-2010, 03:55 PM
For the most part I think many are in cool-down mode. I think people spent so much time, energy, and also money during the critical campaign period that the only thing that could happen was for everyone to just back off for a bit.

What I predict is as the 2012 presidential elections come nearer the energy we had during Ron Paul's run will come back much more powerful than it was the first time around. This time likely with many more followers who are no longer afraid to make the leap.

This is unfortunate.

What we need is people in districts networking with their neighbors, figuring out where the centers of power are, making lists and building coalitions. The people who do this now will own their districts in 2012. Those who aren't doing this now are going to be caught with their pants down.

newbitech
02-14-2010, 04:17 PM
???

I was looking over at http://paulcash.slact.net (http://paulcash.slact.net) when I posted my response to this.

Here is the historic Tea Party Money Bomb animated time line for Dec. 16 2007.

Tell me, when was the last time you remember a steady 3000+ people per hour for 12 hours straight doing anything politically?

If the Ron Paul Revolution was even 10% as active today as it was on this day EVERY DAY, it would be amazing. I say only a fraction of a percent hopefully because I have a really hard time believing that we are even close to seeing the cumulative effectiveness of this movement. I don't think we are anywhere near a peak, yet. And believe me, its going to take ALOT more that Dec 16th to move this country.

Count on it! So my statement was a little awkward because I forgot to come back and provide context. I hope this little money bomb graph clears it up.

http://paulcash.slact.net/December-16th/animated-paulpeople.gif (http://paulcash.slact.net/December-16th/animated-paulpeople.gif)

http://paulcash.slact.net/December-16th/animated-paulpeople.gif

mt4rp
02-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Our small RP meetup group (renamed ourselves) but still meet once a month( and are slowly growing), we talk and email daily, and have made our presence known at the local level.
A few have filed to run in the upcoming election. (local level)
We our currently working on mailing information about fija.org to all the registered voters in the county.
Hosted Sheriff Richard Mack to speak at a Freedom Festival. (last summer)
And tried to recall our sheriff. (last spring)

Quinn Rogness
02-14-2010, 05:35 PM
we're sleeper cells.. thats why the govt considers us terrorists haha

I'm 16 and I think with a few more crazy statements I might be on the no-fly list :P

UK4Paul
02-14-2010, 06:32 PM
This is why it would be awesome if RP did run again... rallying point, and all that.