PDA

View Full Version : Are we our own worst enemy?

foofighter20x
10-06-2007, 09:38 PM
I see tons of pro-RP comments on RP news stories, but I think we are really lacking in comments on stories which don't mention Paul at all.

We'd stand to pique the interests of a few people if we posted polite messages of our support on news stories about other candidates.

Limiting ourselves only to news stories about a guy no one knows about is our own self-inflicted wound.

steph3n
10-06-2007, 09:40 PM
actually we are our own worst enemy because of attacking each other over petty things.

Ron Paul Fan
10-06-2007, 09:41 PM
"Ron Paul Forums will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln

mavtek
10-06-2007, 09:42 PM
I think it also doesn't help that we have varying motives instead of a singular cause for supporting Dr. Paul

katao
10-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Good point - not just other candidates, but other relevant topics.

But PLEASE be polite, articulate, and POSITIVE.

MsDoodahs
10-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Foo, I'm having a dense moment.

Do you want us to post positive news articles about Obama, Clinton, Huckabee, Thompson, Guiliani, etc here?

And then say nice things about the competition?

:confused:

steph3n
10-06-2007, 09:48 PM
no not post positives about other candidates, but treat others with respect.

transistor
10-06-2007, 09:50 PM
good thinking

we need to introduce ron paul to people that otherwise wouldn't know about him.. people paying attention to only the frontrunners

foofighter20x
10-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Foo, I'm having a dense moment.

Do you want us to post positive news articles about Obama, Clinton, Huckabee, Thompson, Guiliani, etc here?

And then say nice things about the competition?

:confused:

No. I'm saying if you see a pro-Obama story, or a pro-Hillary or pro-Giuliani story, post a comment on that story from that website about how Ron Paul is the better candidate.

Tell them why. Be nice. Only use facts you can back up with a credible source, and morst importantly: be positive! :)

foofighter20x
10-06-2007, 09:53 PM
For example... I'm surfing Yahoo News and see a Hillary story. I post a comment on that Yahoo Story (on Yahoo, not on here) about how Dr Paul is the most consistent and the better candidate.

Kudos to posts on the crossover issues such as the war in Iraq and the assault on civil liberties.

MsDoodahs
10-06-2007, 10:09 PM
No. I'm saying if you see a pro-Obama story, or a pro-Hillary or pro-Giuliani story, post a comment on that story from that website about how Ron Paul is the better candidate.

Tell them why. Be nice. Only use facts you can back up with a credible source, and morst importantly: be positive! :)

Oh, okay - I understand!

Apologies for the dense moment...happens sometimes...:o

M.Bellmore
10-06-2007, 10:13 PM
For example... I'm surfing Yahoo News and see a Hillary story. I post a comment on that Yahoo Story (on Yahoo, not on here) about how Dr Paul is the most consistent and the better candidate.

Kudos to posts on the crossover issues such as the war in Iraq and the assault on civil liberties.

Yes, that's the kind of stuff we should be doing on digg as well .. not digging every bitty thing that has to do with Ron Paul .. hard to see through the noise sometimes to the really important ones. IMHO, the ones to digg now are where RP is compared to one or more of the other republicans in a favorable way and the title is about something else.